Resource The Punters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My out of control punting has hit a brick wall, could be a good thing - over in Indonesia ready to go on a surf trip and I can't even check my previous bets on Sportsbet - anyone know how to get halo to look like I am in oz? As I am here for the Melbourne cup!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

My out of control punting has hit a brick wall, could be a good thing - over in Indonesia ready to go on a surf trip and I can't even check my previous bets on Sportsbet - anyone know how to get halo to look like I am in oz? As I am here for the Melbourne cup!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could ring up and place your bets over the phone?

Just block your number.

Could use a proxy to hide your address, but I get the feeling that won't work. Books may need to see it.

I have software that allows me to remotely operate my laptop via another phone or computer when I'm away from my computer and acts like I'm sitting right at home. For the life of me I can't remember the name but I will try and find it if your desperate.

Is a senior person at Sportsbet an Essendon supporter or am I missing something with Essendon?

Just looking at some head to heads before the season.

Anzac Day Collingwood $2.06 Essendon $1.77
30th April Essendon $1.84 Melbourne $1.97
14th July Saints $2.12 Essendon $1.73

People think that 8 guys who've all had a year off will magically propel them to greatness.

Even though half weren't that great to start with and Jobe is well over 30.

Is a senior person at Sportsbet an Essendon supporter or am I missing something with Essendon?

Just looking at some head to heads before the season.

Anzac Day Collingwood $2.06 Essendon $1.77
30th April Essendon $1.84 Melbourne $1.97
14th July Saints $2.12 Essendon $1.73

By taking punts now all that money sits in the SB bank now till the match, which they can accumulate interest.

For the record, I actually think those odds will flip around by the time the game starts. I have been limited at SB, so the most I can bet is around $100 if that.

People think that 8 guys who've all had a year off will magically propel them to greatness.

Even though half weren't that great to start with and Jobe is well over 30.

I think they will win some games that is unexpected, but no way do they deserve to go in that short priced favs.

By taking punts now all that money sits in the SB bank now till the match, which they can accumulate interest.

For the record, I actually think those odds will flip around by the time the game starts. I have been limited at SB, so the most I can bet is around $100 if that.

I will be getting on the Pies in that Anzac day game and the round 1 Syd vs Port game at the SCG.

Syd $1.24 head to head and 40 plus $2.63.

You are obviously a much better punter than me, SB will take any money I throw at them :)

I like to place a bet on us to make the grand final so that if it we make it, the winnings cover flights, accom and tickets. But we are $4.50 this year, the 4th lowest odds. Just seems too short to me, we should be about $10.

Last edited:
I will be getting on the Pies in that Anzac day game and the round 1 Syd vs Port game at the SCG.

Syd $1.24 head to head and 40 plus $2.63.

You are obviously a much better punter than me, SB will take any money I throw at them :)

Sydney do have a few injuries, but they should smash the Power at home.

They absolutely rolled the Pies in R1 after the Pies had a good NAB preseason. In fact, I think the Pies almost became favs in that game. Mind you the venue did change at the last minute which suited the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already on Milera Rising Star @$23. Was $34 Saturday. My brother put $10 on Coniglio for the Brownlow at $67. I crushed him by saying Coniglio did his ankle and will be out 6 weeks

:D

He should do ok.

Second year in the system. If I remember correctly when Hogan won it, it was his second year.

Milera still at $34 in my SB account. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah see I can only place $25 on those bets.

I went big on Lever year before and actually cashed out a nice profit, even though he didnt win, which probably explains why they have limited me in lots of markets.

Sydney do have a few injuries, but they should smash the Power at home.

They absolutely rolled the Pies in R1 after the Pies had a good NAB preseason. In fact, I think the Pies almost became favs in that game. Mind you the venue did change at the last minute which suited the Swans.

Heeney out will hurt them, I think they have some good depth. Port wont get near them over there, still some scars from last year. Port didn't score in the first quarter if I remember correctly :thumbsu:

I like to place a bet on us to make the grand final so that if it we make it, the winnings cover flights, accom and tickets. But we are $4.50 this year, the 4th lowest odds. Just seems too short to me, we should be about $10.

Then place a lay bet on us making the grand final and drink yourself into oblivion with the winnings if we dont make it.

Then place a lay bet on us making the grand final and drink yourself into oblivion with the winnings if we dont make it.

Those odds would be very small. Given the odds that we make it are around $4.50, I envisage the odds of us not making the GF would be around $1.30 or less.

It would be a poor punt. In fact he would be better of betting on us to lose an elimination final game, definitely get better odds.

Wouldn't be touching that.
The $2.25 for top 4 is not a great bet either.

Milera still $34 on SB, whacked $30 on him.

Just need the AFC to back in the youth, that would be paying more $34!!

Time to roll out Thommo, Dougy and MacKay - is VB still on the list?

We are 4th in line for the flag - I am very pessimistic on our chances this season, can't see us getting there unfortunately.

You could ring up and place your bets over the phone?

Just block your number.

Could use a proxy to hide your address, but I get the feeling that won't work. Books may need to see it.

I have software that allows me to remotely operate my laptop via another phone or computer when I'm away from my computer and acts like I'm sitting right at home. For the life of me I can't remember the name but I will try and find it if your desperate.

Proxy didn't work for me with crownbet and sportsbet but it did with bet365

I ******* hate bookies. Such ******* hypocrites and scared of a little action. Tempted to put a bucketload on GWS to win the flag and bet them to beat the spread most weeks.

Bombers and Free getting a fair bit of love from the bookies, they're getting pretty short lines first few weeks of the season. Bookies either don't know how to rate them or they think both teams will be very competitive this year. Don't know what to make of the Hawks yet, and tempted to back the Bombers to beat them in round 1 as a big FU to everyone for the last 2 years.

Proxy didn't work for me with crownbet and sportsbet but it did with bet365
If you have a MAC (I'm sure it works on PC) there is software where you can operate your computer even if in another country as if your sitting in front of it. So basically will use your home WiFi as if your placing bets at home. I have done it using my android phone works brilliantly.

I'm not sure but you could also ring up from overseas but block your number that way the book doesn't know where you are. The later at night you place your bets the better as the night shift operators are a bit lazy and don't check things throughly enough IMO.

I ******* hate bookies. Such ******* hypocrites and scared of a little action. Tempted to put a bucketload on GWS to win the flag and bet them to beat the spread most weeks.

Bombers and Free getting a fair bit of love from the bookies, they're getting pretty short lines first few weeks of the season. Bookies either don't know how to rate them or they think both teams will be very competitive this year. Don't know what to make of the Hawks yet, and tempted to back the Bombers to beat them in round 1 as a big FU to everyone for the last 2 years.

I cannot see any team outside the top 4-5 favs winning the flag this year. The rest are making up the numebers. Last year I actually felt it was a very even top 8 and we missed our chance to go deep into September.

West Coast would have been my dark horse had NicNat been playing. Mitchell really gives them midfield depth and power that they already have.

Is Menzel still eligible for Rising Star or too old? I had money on Milera last year but he didn't get to play enough could be a good thing this year.

I had the Gov to kick the first two goals on Saturday as he lined up at the fifty and I was looking to win close to a thousand I got rather excited only for him to not make the distance - then heard he had the trots!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back