UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is actively moderated, let's behave like adults, shall we?

For conversation on an Australian Republic:

Last edited:

Look at the British Empire when she got the job and the state of it now, hard to argue that her reign has been a great one. All she gets a prize for longevity.

Exactly this. If you believe that the monarchy actually means anything, in the end her legacy is the greatest loss of power in world history.

Of course that this had nothing to do with her shows the pointlessness of the institution and why its abolition should be missed by nobody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For an anti-royal I've never minded Liz... or Will and Harry for the matter. I reckon the latter has definitely realised all along what a ridiculous situation he was born into.

Probably more the bullshit institution around it that's messed up.

What I'm most keen to see the Daily Mail turn this into a way to explode over Meghan.

For an anti-royal I've never minded Liz... or Will and Harry for the matter. I reckon the latter has definitely realised all along what a ridiculous situation he was born into.

Probably more the bullshit institution around it that's messed up.

What I'm most keen to see the Daily Mail turn this into a way to explode over Meghan.
Already seen some tweets blaming her health declining on Meghan and Harry..

Of course that this had nothing to do with her shows the pointlessness of the institution and why its abolition should be missed by nobody.
The institution of a constitutional monarchy isn't pointless at all, given that reserve powers are vested in the monarch. The whole point of reserve powers exercised by the monarch and his/her representatives is that those reserve powers mostly operate in the background and operate as an incentive to appropriate behaviour by politicians.

One of the strengths of a hereditary constitutional monarchy in my view is that the Head of State can more readily remain apolitical.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back