Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Check council website.

I'm a little old school, prefer browsing on my laptop instead of my phone.
I believe he means hotspot your phone to your laptop so you can use your phones data via your PC.

Motorola G7

I am pre paid, I get one gig a month and then I pay $5 for the next gig and so on.

I probably use just under 2 gig a month data a month.
If your laptop use is similar to your phone use give the hotspot a go, if you are going to watch videos etc then maybe suss out a different option.

Just go to your phone settings, go to wifi settings and find wifi hotspot and set it up.

Its basically just turning your phone into a wifi router, just make sure you give the 'network' a password and remember to turn it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your laptop use is similar to your phone use give the hotspot a go, if you are going to watch videos etc then maybe suss out a different option.

Nah, I use the laptop heaps!

I think I will go the dongle option although might have to go the week without streaming.

Motorola G7

I am pre paid, I get one gig a month and then I pay $5 for the next gig and so on.

I probably use just under 2 gig a month data a month.
How much are you paying?
You can get prepaid plans for $20 a month that should have 5GB of data or more

Tax Question. I have private health insurance, earn less than 90k and yet on my tax estimate my Medicare levy surplus charge or whatever it is is like 1.5kSurely not? Even with the 1080 extra I'm only up like 400 odd. Something is off

I doubt it is the medicare levy surcharge.

Everyone pays 2% medicare levy no matter what your health insurance coverage it like (unless you earn less than $22,398). Based on the $1500, your taxable income is around $75,000, thanks for letting us know haha

I doubt it is the medicare levy surcharge.

Everyone pays 2% medicare levy no matter what your health insurance coverage it like (unless you earn less than $22,398). Based on the $1500, your taxable income is around $75,000, thanks for letting us know haha
I am in similar circumstances but it says I owe $20.

I also changed jobs this year and got a payout at my last job (approx $3k).

Any idea?

It was $340 lol if that makes any difference

Haha not really. as I said, to many variables to explain how a tax refund results the way it does. Bottom line, the ATO has deemed not enough tax has been withheld during the year (presuming you are an employee) - just a bummer if you were expecting a refund and had already mentally spent it.

Im getting back about $3500 - did have extra withheld from my wage during the year so I would get a bigger refund than normal (like forced savings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back