Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My wedding was postponed earlier this year due to the COVID restrictions, which sucked but me and my partner got on with it and rescheduled for March next year, thinking this would all blow over by then. Obviously the rescheduled date could be in jeopardy, so we are assessing our options. Currently, plan A is to cancel our wedding plans and just get it done in private in front of a select few members of family, and then host a bit of a party whenever the world returns to semi-normal.

Problem is, our original plan for the wedding was a weekend resort-type thingy where our guests paid $180 each to stay for two nights at the venue. In total we received about $8,000 from our guests which we forwarded on to the venue to cover the accommodation costs. If we were to cancel (using the excuse of 'we can't have the wedding we initially planned, plus the venue is in NSW so who knows if we, as Victorians, will even be allowed into the state') do you think we can get that money back? No contracts were ever signed, which could be both a positive and negative.

My thinking is, we paid $8,000 for our guests to stay at a venue which hasn't been able to eventuate, so in theory it's not really our fault. Plus we would be cancelling with about four-five months notice.

Just want to get a general feel before we contact the venue and tell them about our thinking. Ideally Victoria and NSW make big inroads in the next couple of months and we can go ahead with our wedding with a full guest list but I highly doubt it.

My wedding was postponed earlier this year due to the COVID restrictions, which sucked but me and my partner got on with it and rescheduled for March next year, thinking this would all blow over by then. Obviously the rescheduled date could be in jeopardy, so we are assessing our options. Currently, plan A is to cancel our wedding plans and just get it done in private in front of a select few members of family, and then host a bit of a party whenever the world returns to semi-normal.

Problem is, our original plan for the wedding was a weekend resort-type thingy where our guests paid $180 each to stay for two nights at the venue. In total we received about $8,000 from our guests which we forwarded on to the venue to cover the accommodation costs. If we were to cancel (using the excuse of 'we can't have the wedding we initially planned, plus the venue is in NSW so who knows if we, as Victorians, will even be allowed into the state') do you think we can get that money back? No contracts were ever signed, which could be both a positive and negative.

My thinking is, we paid $8,000 for our guests to stay at a venue which hasn't been able to eventuate, so in theory it's not really our fault. Plus we would be cancelling with about four-five months notice.

Just want to get a general feel before we contact the venue and tell them about our thinking. Ideally Victoria and NSW make big inroads in the next couple of months and we can go ahead with our wedding with a full guest list but I highly doubt it.
Push as hard as you can to get the money back. Do a small wedding. As fun as they are, the wedding is just a day. The marriage is the main event.

Stirring fry pan contents without damaging the pan
pfft. we have silicone and plastic these days. wooden spoons are gross. put yours in hot boiling water for 20 minutes. i havent used them for years, atlhough with my boys becoming brats and heading into pre-teenagerhood......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are about to receive the keys to the home we bought in the next week or 2 and we have many renovations to make. One of these is a new kitchen and my wife originally wanted granite tops, which were super expensive, but then she went and found an even more expensive medium called 'Dekton'. Anyone used this or have experience?
Ex:
1598981280003.png

Is Optus the clear second telco now?

Just looking at new iPhone plans they seem to almost want as much as Telstra while Vodafone significantly undercuts both.

They probably always where but I thought Vodafone Optus were similar when I last looked For a phone a few years ago. Guess Optus invested a lot in the premier league

Just looking at new iPhone plans they seem to almost want as much as Telstra while Vodafone significantly undercuts both.

They probably always where but I thought Vodafone Optus were similar when I last looked For a phone a few years ago. Guess Optus invested a lot in the premier league
Optus have been really good. They really upped their game the last say, 5 or so years. Coverage, plans and the PL addition was massive.

I won't go to another company.

We are about to receive the keys to the home we bought in the next week or 2 and we have many renovations to make. One of these is a new kitchen and my wife originally wanted granite tops, which were super expensive, but then she went and found an even more expensive medium called 'Dekton'. Anyone used this or have experience?
Ex:
View attachment 951084
I just googled seems like a great product and the only draw backs seem to be its expensive and its hard to match up any repairs for chips and cracks ???

I use an optus reseller called moose mobile. Brilliant. Cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back