Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance (which I happily wallow within each day) but is Big Footy officially considered to be a form of social media?
Yes, a forum could be considered as social media. But I think that when people say that they are not on social media, it would refer to the mainstream social media streams like FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.

So I moved into a new house a couple of months ago and when I did, I paid the bond to the real estate as well as two weeks rent in advance.

I'm now vacating the property as I'm moving back to Melbourne, and luckily the real estate have found someone to take over my lease, starting on the 17th (next week).

However, they have told me I need to keep paying rent up until the new people move in, but it dawned on me yesterday that my two weeks rent in advance should cover these final two weeks. Is that correct? Why are the real estate still taking money off me? Have they forgotten or are they stooging me?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I moved into a new house a couple of months ago and when I did, I paid the bond to the real estate as well as two weeks rent in advance.

I'm now vacating the property as I'm moving back to Melbourne, and luckily the real estate have found someone to take over my lease, starting on the 17th (next week).

However, they have told me I need to keep paying rent up until the new people move in, but it dawned on me yesterday that my two weeks rent in advance should cover these final two weeks. Is that correct? Why are the real estate still taking money off me? Have they forgotten or are they stooging me?

Usually you pay a month in advance so that means if you give notice of moving out you pay your last rent a month before you move out. In your case it is two weeks so you will pay your last rent two weeks before you leave. This is assuming that the new people are taking over the lease the day after you move out? Did you break the lease?

Usually you pay a month in advance so that means if you give notice of moving out you pay your last rent a month before you move out. In your case it is two weeks so you will pay your last rent two weeks before you leave. This is assuming that the new people are taking over the lease the day after you move out? Did you break the lease?

Yes, which I've been charged for.

The best thing about Cheltenham is not living it.

What's wrong with Cheltenham? 2 mins from beach lots of shops. I was looking to buy property there and it's not cheap.
I'd say the best part of Melbourne are all the suburbs 10 minutes closer to the city from Cheltenham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone lived or live in Cheltenham in Melbourne, or near abouts?

Moving there tomorrow, and while I've studied as much as I can about the suburb, would like to know what people like/don't like about the area.

Good area. Very WASPy still as well, close to the beach and plenty of shopping.

Good area. Very WASPy still as well, close to the beach and plenty of shopping.

Been living here for nearly a week, I absolutely love it. Parkdale beach is literally a couple of minutes away, and I'm not far from Thrift Park where all my needs (Woolies, butcher, bank, places to eat) are in the one place.

Only downside so far is the amount of air traffic being so close to Moorabbin, and the fact it's a half-hour commute to both of my jobs.

I was listening to Spotify on my phone, non-premium, when it stopped playing my playlist and played their mix of songs.

There is a song two songs ago that I want to know the name of, but the app doesn't let me skip back (its greyed out) and I can't find any sort of song history option.

Help?

I was listening to Spotify on my phone, non-premium, when it stopped playing my playlist and played their mix of songs.

There is a song two songs ago that I want to know the name of, but the app doesn't let me skip back (its greyed out) and I can't find any sort of song history option.

Help?
Put some lyrics into Google

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back