Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what rank this guy is in the Aussie Navy just by looking at his uniform/stripes? I presume it's the Navy.

Also, if you have qualified to work as a plumber in the Australian Army, what rank would you be given?

Brad.jpg

Any recommendations for power companies? Who to avoid, who's good etc?
The retailers are all the same - just a different logo. They just set up an account & bill you, that's all. I work for a distributor so have seen customers have good and bad dealings with all of them.
Energy Australia are the biggest & probably easiest to set up through. Personally I went through them and they were so incompetent I got 2 years gas & electricity free though haha so my advice is just pick the one with the best rates you can find.

The retailers are all the same - just a different logo. They just set up an account & bill you, that's all. I work for a distributor so have seen customers have good and bad dealings with all of them.
Energy Australia are the biggest & probably easiest to set up through. Personally I went through them and they were so incompetent I got 2 years gas & electricity free though haha so my advice is just pick the one with the best rates you can find.
Yeah, we went with Red.

Does anybody know what rank this guy is in the Aussie Navy just by looking at his uniform/stripes? I presume it's the Navy.

Also, if you have qualified to work as a plumber in the Australian Army, what rank would you be given?

View attachment 384330
He's a petty officer - the chevrons aren't an indicator of rank in the RAN, the crossed anchors on top of them are.

So I have been summonsed for jury duty.

What if I don't bow my head before the judge?

Having done it before, none of us on the jury I was on ever did apart from the first time we walked into the court room. We were supposed to but nobody enforced it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I haven't received my tax return forms from a previous employer what do I do about it if I recently moved and not sure they have the new address, how do I claim my return without the forms.

So I have been summonsed for jury duty.

What if I don't bow my head before the judge?

Take something to do for the day - I was summonsed last year and spent almost all the time sitting in the jury pool room watching episodes of The Americans on my laptop after being excused from one case, before being sent home after lunch because they didn't need any jurors.

As for the bowing, as others have said, you are supposed to do it but nobody really notices if you don't

What was your jury experience like?

Interesting. The case was a simple grievous bodily harm charge but watching the way the courtroom actually worked was interesting. To me at least. I went in thinking it would be like something off the American TV shows but it is much different. The waiting is tedious and the judge explaining the law for I think it was about an hour and half before we went in to deliberate was extremely boring. I think having made up my mind whether the defendant was guilty or not in the first hour of the case also made it a bit more enjoyable because I was able to relax a bit more. The most enjoyable part though was the deliberation. With most of us being in the not guilty party with only 3 sitting on the fence, it was quite interesting to see how the other members of the jury saw the case and debating certain points that we disagreed on. Being the foreman I enjoyed seeing the reaction of the defendant when I said not guilty. Watching him throughout the case he was a wreck at times so to see him so his pure joy at the end of it all was nice. It was also strange being referred to and referring to myself as a number for the 2 days the case ran as names are not used. You are given a number before you go into the waiting room and that is what you are referred to from that point on.

It is an experience I am glad I have had and I think everyone should get to do it at some stage. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back