Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully whatever case I am on isn't gory

You may not even get one. There are hundreds that get summoned then only a few get their number called out and then only ~half of those are actually on the jury.

Yeah but I hate my previous employer and calling is a pain. Thought there would be a way around it. I might have too dam it.
You can do tax returns through the my.gov website linked to the ATO, it automatically brings in PAYG statements that are lodged in the system. If you lodge through that it's simple, but otherwise I'm sure you could start it without lodging it just to get the information, if it's there.

I had the same problem a few years ago (with paper tax returns), I just called the HR department of my former employer and it arrived at the right address a few days later.

Says district court which means criminal proceedings.

Might be different in Perth then.

I was summonsed to the County Court in Melbourne, but was called to be a potential juror in a civil case in the Supreme Court which is across the road (presumably because the plaintiff was suing for more than the lower courts allow).

Question- should you where underwear under skins when working out/ playing sport and what kind should u wear when doing sport- trunks or briefs?

Does anybody know what rank this guy is in the Aussie Navy just by looking at his uniform/stripes? I presume it's the Navy.

Also, if you have qualified to work as a plumber in the Australian Army, what rank would you be given?

View attachment 384330

As mentioned by other the rank is petty officer (the crossed anchors), the chevrons represent 12+ years service (4 years each), the badge on the chest looks like airwing, the badge on the right arm is his job (possibly electrical rate).

Re plumber, I'd suggest GE with normal career progression

You can do tax returns through the my.gov website linked to the ATO, it automatically brings in PAYG statements that are lodged in the system. If you lodge through that it's simple, but otherwise I'm sure you could start it without lodging it just to get the information, if it's there.

I had the same problem a few years ago (with paper tax returns), I just called the HR department of my former employer and it arrived at the right address a few days later.

Correct - if the employer has lodged the PAYG Summary with the ATO it will prefill into the tax return. Problem is that a lot of employers are slack on lodging or may not even lodge them at all, meaning you're back to square one.

Free Agent if you don't want to contact your previous employer yourself, go to your accountant (or find an accountant) and they can chase it up for you. They'll most likely charge you for it, but it will save you the hassle.

If the government go ahead with this plebiscite thing in relation to gay marriage, whether it be postal or otherwise, would it be compulsory to vote?

Does anyone organise their music playlists in a way other than by genre? My playlists now have 800/200/100/80 songs which is too excessive, but I like to listen to a variety of genres at once so I'm not sure how to split them. I'm thinking alphabetical or by year of release?

Does anyone organise their music playlists in a way other than by genre? My playlists now have 800/200/100/80 songs which is too excessive, but I like to listen to a variety of genres at once so I'm not sure how to split them. I'm thinking alphabetical or by year of release?

Organise it by the religious beliefs of the artist (lead singer if it's a band)
have a little holy war every time you listen to music

No. I just have 1 playlist with all my music and listen to it on shuffle. The only way it is organised is by band and then album.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I often listen alphabetically by song name. It's a good way to mix it up.

Alphabetically by song name, and it's all in one playlist.

In Vic, all the retailers tell you to do it. I'm wondering what their reasoning is and if it actually makes any difference.

is there a disconnection/ connection charge?

Yes.

It cost us $600+ to get electricity connected (we are in an apartment block though).

wow!

sounds like the ACCC and the energy and water ombudsmen needs a call

Call the retail provider and ask for $600. Then double it as soon as they deny the request. They will pay as they know there in the poo as the cost is unreasonable and could result in repaying all past unfair charges to the entire market.

wow!

sounds like the ACCC and the energy and water ombudsmen needs a call

Call the retail provider and ask for $600. Then double it as soon as they deny the request. They will pay as they know there in the poo as the cost is unreasonable and could result in repaying all past unfair charges to the entire market.
Hm.

Our solicitor said none of it was dodgy, I think it's normal for apartment blocks.

Hm.

Our solicitor said none of it was dodgy, I think it's normal for apartment blocks.

how many hours is reasonable? and at what rate?

twenty second job plus travel time. $100-200 sounds reasonable, if and only if this is the only job.

but F them. Go to the ombudsmen anyway. The ombudsmen will charge them $5k-$10k just to open your letter. This will keep the "bastards" honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back