Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I did it for work related stress and there was no issue. GPs don't get any penalty for giving them away, so usually they're more than happy to assist you to get some subsidised help.

Happy to hear that.

Was the person you were referred to an experienced person or is it an entry level type thing?

Not that it greatly matters, I'm just curious

I have a mate whose wife died a few years ago and it was amazing how quickly the vultures started circling… several of his female acquaintances had him mentally fitted for a ring

He ended up moving away to get some space and distance (not just from the women but I know that was part of it)

We are at 4 years next month.
Own a house.
Going through fertility treatment for the kids side.
Probably getting to that time for me to start looking at rings, and we are planning a Europe trip for end of year/start of next year.

We are at 4 years next month.
Own a house.
Going through fertility treatment for the kids side.
Probably getting to that time for me to start looking at rings, and we are planning a Europe trip for end of year/start of next year.

I always found this sorta scenario a little strange, if we're happy to commit to a 30y mortgage and even a child, why not be married yet?

I mean, it doesn't matter, and I don't particularly care but for a bit of curiosity

Happy to hear that.

Was the person you were referred to an experienced person or is it an entry level type thing?

Not that it greatly matters, I'm just curious

It can be a mix of both. From what I remember, you get a generic referral and then you still have to book it. My local doctors clinic had an existing relationship with a Psychology group, and I just went with them.

I always found this sorta scenario a little strange, if we're happy to commit to a 30y mortgage and even a child, why not be married yet?

I mean, it doesn't matter, and I don't particularly care but for a bit of curiosity
I would imagine for some marriage doesn’t hold a lot of meaning, at the end of the day it is just a piece of paper. The way you act and the things you share with your other half probably show just as much commitment as saying I do.

Getting married doesn't really change a lot from being in a de facto relationship, other than drain your bank account. It's important to me, but I can see why others wouldn't care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back