Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
Just keep plonking him in there and chop his bollocks off.

He’s been fixed. Probably just trying to make the place his own I guess. I’ll keep just putting in his box.

I think he’s a bit on edge. Strangely, our dog keeps defending our old cat against him. Haha. They normally hate each other but have bonded over this intrusion.

He’s been fixed. Probably just trying to make the place his own I guess. I’ll keep just putting in his box.

I think he’s a bit on edge. Strangely, our dog keeps defending our old cat against him. Haha. They normally hate each other but have bonded over this intrusion.
One of mine is eight months now and still needs occasional prodding to use his tray. He's the same one that the vet suggested in all seriousness might be a little "special".

One of mine is eight months now and still needs occasional prodding to use his tray. He's the same one that the vet suggested in all seriousness might be a little "special".
I thought I'd opened the "is it OK to keep your child on a leash" thread and was confused for a moment.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
If you rent a house out with furnishings are you required to maintain them or is it a case of they are broken so the tenant needs to sort their own out?

If you rent a house out with furnishings are you required to maintain them or is it a case of they are broken so the tenant needs to sort their own out?
I believe if the lease states the abode is furnished then it's the landlord's responsibility to make sure furnishings are maintained. One possible exception may be if say for example a reclining chair is noted on the initial property condition report to not recline and both parties sign off on it, the tenant can't then turn around and demand it be fixed.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
I believe if the lease states the abode is furnished then it's the landlord's responsibility to make sure furnishings are maintained. One possible exception may be if say for example a reclining chair is noted on the initial property condition report to not recline and both parties sign off on it, the tenant can't then turn around and demand it be fixed.
Ah ok. I was thinking of leaving my washing machine there but not sure if its worth it.

Ah ok. I was thinking of leaving my washing machine there but not sure if its worth it.
Well I think you can leave it there under the proviso that if it dies it won't be replaced. As long as that's in the lease and the tenant signs off on it it should be fine.. although if it does die then you'll have to have it disposed of. The other thing to consider is that it may put people off if they already have a washing machine.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you make a post or upload a link or post a photo on a friend's Facebook page, do all your other Facebook friends receive a notification that you have done this, or do your friends only receive a notification when you post stuff on your own Facebook page?

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
If you make a post or upload a link or post a photo on a friend's Facebook page, do all your other Facebook friends receive a notification that you have done this, or do your friends only receive a notification when you post stuff on your own Facebook page?

You only get a notification if someone posts on your page.

Posts between friends might show up on anyone's feed, but they won't get a notification.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
You only get a notification if someone posts on your page.

Posts between friends might show up on anyone's feed, but they won't get a notification.

Sorry, I am still not 100 percent clear about this. I do not use Facebook very often. I regularly receive notifications that a Facebook friend has posted a link, or a photo, or an opinion on their own page. So I presume when I do likewise on my own Facebook page, my Facebook friends receive a notification.

When it comes to interacting with other people on their Facebook pages, if I visit somebody else's Facebook page and interact with them by posting messages on their page, my Facebook friends will not receive a notification about this, correct?

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Sorry, I am still not 100 percent clear about this. I do not use Facebook very often. I regularly receive notifications that a Facebook friend has posted a link, or a photo, or an opinion on their own page. So I presume when I do likewise on my own Facebook page, my Facebook friends receive a notification.

The default setting on Facebook is that it notifies you of the activity of people that Facebook deems to be your 'close friend' Since you're not a frequent user I assume you haven't adjusted your settings. This can be changed in the 'notifications' tab of your FB settings.

If you don't wish for people to see your activity, you can limit who sees them in the 'privacy' tab of your settings. Unless you do this, there is no way of knowing who gets what notification about your activity on facebook.

When it comes to interacting with other people on their Facebook pages, if I visit somebody else's Facebook page and interact with them by posting messages on their page, my Facebook friends will not receive a notification about this, correct?

I believe that is correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you make an insurance claim then don't use the funds to replace what you lost, is that OK?

E.g. you have a car insured for $20k and it gets stolen and torched and the insurance company gives you $20k. Are you under any obligation to buy another car?
I'm going to go with no.

I mean, what if you were in an accident, the car was a write off and you were left a quadriplegic?

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
If you make an insurance claim then don't use the funds to replace what you lost, is that OK?

E.g. you have a car insured for $20k and it gets stolen and torched and the insurance company gives you $20k. Are you under any obligation to buy another car?

Checked with my wife (she’s in corporate insurance) and she says it’s ok unless it’s a lease or you owe on it. May be different in Australia. I lost a car in an accident here though and they just gave me a cheque.

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ta, I thought as much. If you had jewellery stolen worth $20k I'd assume it was fine to use the insurance money to buy a car or ridiculously large TV or meth or whatever, too.
I'm not sure about the extent of the flexibility with that, my aunty had her house robbed and she had to replace her stolen jewellery with jewellery, she couldn't get the cash to buy anything else. It didn't need to be a like for like replacement, I think she had about 10 pieces worth around $10k and she replaced them with one or two pieces. I guess it depends on your policy too.

Aug 20, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics , England FC
Hello all,

I'm looking for a job whilst doing uni, as my seasonal job finished for the year. I'm finding the job hunting incredibly difficult as I get emails from employers that i applied for saying "I regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful". I have the retail experience from Big W and various butcher assistant jobs but I don't get past the next stage.

Is there any tips? I was thinking to go to butchers and give them my resume in person, but I don't know whether they'll even read it.....

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Hello all,

I'm looking for a job whilst doing uni, as my seasonal job finished for the year. I'm finding the job hunting incredibly difficult as I get emails from employers that i applied for saying "I regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful". I have the retail experience from Big W and various butcher assistant jobs but I don't get past the next stage.

Is there any tips? I was thinking to go to butchers and give them my resume in person, but I don't know whether they'll even read it.....
I know so many people that got jobs just from putting a resume in. Do it. As many places as possible. Easy way of getting in.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hello all,

Biggest regret of my life was leaving my job. Can't get a sniff anywhere.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Hello all,

Big supermarkets and retail joints that demand you apply online are generally a timewaster. Definitely print off a bunch of resumes and hand them everywhere you can, dress respectable, be courteous etc. etc. In today's age where most people will just e-mail through a resume loaded with spelling mistakes and then leave it, actually going around in person can separate you from the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back