Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any reason why nobody has been required to obtain a working with kids permit when we a have a young fella doing some work experience with us?
I think if they are over 15 and at work its ok, or work experience may come under the
  • supervise a student in practical training organised by their educational institution

Do non drinkers or those who are not drinking (alcohol) need to shout a round?

As one of those people, if someone told me it was my shout I'd kindly tell them to f*** off. So to answer your question, no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As one of those people, if someone told me it was my shout I'd kindly tell them to f*** off. So to answer your question, no.

absolutely!

how about times when you're out for lunch or a dinner and there's bottles of wine and other alcoholic beverages consumed, and when the bill comes people go "it'll be $50 each"

split bill

Non drinker.. well very very little and certainly dont buy it as i work in the industry and dont have to pay for it but i wouldnt expect to be included in a round shout to buy everyone one
And if i was the one driving everyone home id expect the drinkers to be feeding me non alcoholic stuff for free all night

Do non drinkers or those who are not drinking (alcohol) need to shout a round?

It's customary in my circle of friends that if someone is driving us, they don't pay for a drink (be it a couple of beers or softy). Non drinkers shouldn't be paying for others booze unless they want to shout.

A few years ago I went to a function at a winery in South Gippsland, about a half hour drive. Another person who was going asked for a lift as I wasn't drinking. At the winery he bought a bottle and asked me if I wanted a glass. I said I was driving. He said "Oh just one glass" so I did. About an hour later he came up to me and said, "Must be your turn to buy a bottle". I couldn't be bothered arguing so I did and gave it to him. He didn't offer me any and didn't offer any money for petrol, an hour's round trip.

A few years ago I went to a function at a winery in South Gippsland, about a half hour drive. Another person who was going asked for a lift as I wasn't drinking. At the winery he bought a bottle and asked me if I wanted a glass. I said I was driving. He said "Oh just one glass" so I did. About an hour later he came up to me and said, "Must be your turn to buy a bottle". I couldn't be bothered arguing so I did and gave it to him. He didn't offer me any and didn't offer any money for petrol, an hour's round trip.

He had you at "one glass"

excusable time to glass someone

I assume he had to find his own way home?

Nice friend.

I assume he had to find his own way home?

Nope. I thought I'd better take him home after he got up and serenaded badly the people at the function with Old Man River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back