Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas what could be making youtube flicker and stutter when I use my head phones. Headphones not the issue, itunes works fine.
what device and how are the headphones connected

PC, Blutooth
generally, bluetooth is considered fine for audio, not so much for audio + video

you don't notice a delay in processing when listening to music, but trying to sync what is on screen to bluetooth headphones is difficult

most wireless headphones that are good for watching movies etc aren't bluetooth, or if they are they have their own dongle and don't rely on the built in hardware

my bluetooth headphones don't cause flickering with youtube but I notice if I'm watching a video that they aren't perfectly in sync and with my laptop either the drivers or the hardware isn't perfect, I have to reset connections fairly often to keep the performance acceptable

Not to mention the constant need to yell at the screen and laugh at their own jokes. Anderson and Hughes are the two worst offenders, absolute ****sticks the both of them.

Go and watch the Project for 5 minutes. ALL of them laugh like hyenas at their own "jokes" its actually pretty tragic, i feel sorry for them.

Do parking officers still have to look for parking infringements when it is pouring rain or are they given office work?

Does water in a sink or toilet really spin either clockwise or anti-clockwise? I could swear that the water in the toilet just flushes straight down

View attachment 596064
It's a thing called the Coriolis Effect - its basically the inertia of objects (in this case, water) against the earth's rotation. Its effect on bodies of water as small as a toilet bowl or a sink basin are negligible though

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does water in a sink or toilet really spin either clockwise or anti-clockwise? I could swear that the water in the toilet just flushes straight down

View attachment 596064

Actually an urban myth I heard. It spins how the sink is designed.

A cyclone, typhoon or twister can spin a different way however depending on hemisphere and season.

I have clicked a few links to twitter posts in the last few days and they all have Arabic translations on them.
Anyone else?

Most of the time in Melbourne evap is good enough, it is also a lot cheaper and better for the environment than AC

How does it work? Ive never experienced it. All i know is that you have to have a window open to let air come in. But what if it's hot outside? Hot air comes in.

How does it work? Ive never experienced it. All i know is that you have to have a window open to let air come in. But what if it's hot outside? Hot air comes in.
Have evaporative cooling at my parents house. Basically what it does is create a cool wind through your house by fan forcing air through a radiator on the roof, which is why you need to have a window open to allow the breeze through.

Works pretty damn well, and it's not as drying as regular AC can be. And that's before you consider that its cheaper to run as it uses less electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back