Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who here had parental help with a deposit for a first home? Either it be through pure cash or as guarantor on the deposit amount? Be honest.
had help with my deposit from the old boy, however i paid him that back within a year with interest. he essentially just helped me start a year earlier on the whole thing than i would have if i was by myself.

Geeze 26 well done. I bought at 39 (started srsly looking at 38 tho)... but then again i really could have bought alot sooner like early 30s. I just loved my set up too much- paying $300 a month rent.
I'm a good saver. I guess it helps that I was able to live with my parents without having to pay them while I was at uni studying (while working part time). Finished and was able to get a job straight out and started saving again. It was a 2 bedroom unit for 390k. I had 20% deposit so no mortgage insurance.
Continuing to save now as have tenants in the property and currently living with my fiancee's parents.
Looking at buying a 4 bedroom house August next year.
Still have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for hahah

I'm a good saver. I guess it helps that I was able to live with my parents without having to pay them while I was at uni studying (while working part time). Finished and was able to get a job straight out and started saving again. It was a 2 bedroom unit for 390k. I had 20% deposit so no mortgage insurance.
Continuing to save now as have tenants in the property and currently living with my fiancee's parents.
Looking at buying a 4 bedroom house August next year.
Still have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for hahah

Yeah same, i had a... 33% deposit. About that.

I lived with a mate for 3 years and only had to pay $80 a week and we split bills. 3 br house, nice place. Had it crazy good there, basically exact same as you no papers or contract or anything.

Yeah i was very lucky. She never brought up the topic of putting up the rent, ever- and just split bills 50/50. Did not have one argument either in all those years, was so easy.

Ring a plumber is probably your next step
Get a quote

Went Reece.
Said $470 for bath (150cm is the only size i can get - sat in one is aok for me) + $500 parts + labour. So said no more than 2k.

Im so doing it. Most likely April school holidays next year :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

actually might be better. in fact, unless your plumbing is going to affect other apartments/properties you prob dont need to ask i think

Oh yeah fo sure- if theres some kind of risk or its dodgy (will get a legit guy in idc $$) to do the job in the first place i just wont do it.

I suppose tho if something does happens to downstairs bc of me, that is my problem and so it should be.
yes prob dont wanna be marinating in the bath, then for the doorbell to go off due to an angry tenant complaining about your bathwater seeping into his place

yes prob dont wanna be marinating in the bath, then for the doorbell to go off due to an angry tenant complaining about your bathwater seeping into his place

Sounds like the start of something that Shell may just be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back