Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Qantas points useless? I fly to Tasmania regularly a few times a year and I've calculated that I'd earn a few "free" trips, without considering some of the sign-up bonuses that would pay for themselves in terms of value.

There's a couple of things Qantas have a bit of form with fiddling with here:
  • $spend to FF points conversion to flight points conversion. I think they're down to $1 = 0.6pts or thereabouts
  • The allocation of seats able to be booked with points
Plus, the cards with better rewards conversion are likely to have higher annual fees.

So do the math and see where you end up.

See how you go "pretend" booking return flights to Tassie with points - do you seem to be able to get tix when you want? Fridays / Sundays you might struggle. School holidays, etc. See what the points quote is. Figure out loosely how much CC spend you'd need to generate that. Cross reference against your monthly living expenses if you transitioned them all onto CC. Add on the annual fees and see if it's worthwhile. If you end up with a card that is $160 a year, and it takes you two years to get enough to fly to Tassie midweek, might not be worth it. But if you've got a lot of expenses you can transition through the card, maybe it is?

There are definitely scenarios where it can work (or so I've been led to believe). But most of the time it's a bit of a false economy. IMHO YMMV

@Engimal v3

Heres a compare site

Sometimes you can get good deals swapping your debt/cards from one to another to pick up points

I have flown to India on points and Vic to Qld a few times

I just treat the card as a line of credit that I pay off before interest kicks in
Everything I have to pay for goes on it
I dont go silly shopping like I have heaps of money just groceries bills and other essentials
The points are an added bonus so is the free travel insurance and the extended warranty on everything you buy with it

@Engimal v3

Heres a compare site

Sometimes you can get good deals swapping your debt/cards from one to another to pick up points

I have flown to India on points and Vic to Qld a few times

I just treat the card as a line of credit that I pay off before interest kicks in
Everything I have to pay for goes on it
I dont go silly shopping like I have heaps of money just groceries bills and other essentials
The points are an added bonus so is the free travel insurance and the extended warranty on everything you buy with it

Know a dude who got one of those hundreds of thousands of points deals. Got it for transferring his mortgage. About 18 months ago. Hasn't been able to use them.

Where has the arrow thingy gone on the side of the page- to jump up or down...?
Ol’ mates at Google were upset that a navigation element was sometimes positioned over the top of an ad.

Getting my artificial turf installed this week coming. Wanting to get a head start and purchase some maintenance supplies to ensure I can keep it looking as a good as new.

They recommend using a stiff brush with synthetic bristles or a power Brush when going to make the strands stand upright and not flat. Now I don't want to purchase a Power Brush because A) I can't find them at Bunnings and B) they are costly.

So which brushes at Bunnings would be best? Can anyone provide a link? Also not sure if a plastic rake would be good to sweep up any leaves from our tree we have in the yard. They say you shouldn't use a metal or wire bristles as it will damage the grass.

sounds like as much/more work than mowing it

Okay another question while we're on the topic of bathrooms.

When i installed the bath, i obviously had to get rid of the huge shower screen. What would that be worth on gumtree?? It is in great condition..

Should get a little bit for it but wouldnt have a clue how much - best to look up what new ones cost and halve price (or other 2nd hand ones on gum tree)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the dads on here, did any of you do anything different when you were trying to have kids? IE eating habits etc

We were lucky that we didn't have to try too hard. I have friends that tried for a while though and he swears on diet heavy on fruit (lots of berries and tropical fruit) and morning sex. They just had their second a few months ago.

We were lucky that we didn't have to try too hard. I have friends that tried for a while though and he swears on diet heavy on fruit (lots of berries and tropical fruit) and morning sex. They just had their second a few months ago.
Did you do all the tests etc?

Did you do all the tests etc?
The standard things really are try and be healthy and try and relax about it.

Like if you are overweight, eat s**t, drink heaps and don't sleep properly, changing those things can all help

I knew someone who tried for ages, went through IVF without success multiple times, gave up, lost a bunch of weight and got pregnant when they were no longer really trying. Doctor said at the start to both of them to try and eat better, exercise etc and they didn't try any of that until after the IVF failed

Rather expensive way for them to go about it but lifestyle changes aren't easy for most people

To the dads on here, did any of you do anything different when you were trying to have kids? IE eating habits etc

Ate marginally healthier - wife made me take these which I am sure are nothing more than a massive scam (the women's version is good though at getting their body right if they do get pregnant).

1606879468809.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back