Status
Not open for further replies.

Yolo Swaggins

Team Captain
Feb 20, 2015
Noosa
AFL Club
St Kilda
Building a home and it's colour time. Anyone who has built have any render ideas ? Don't know whether to go dark roof light lender or the other way around. Stuck

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Building a home and it's colour time. Anyone who has built have any render ideas ? Don't know whether to go dark roof light lender or the other way around. Stuck
I would drive around local estates and see what others have done and what you like.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Don't render. It needs too much maintenance.
Just curious, but why is that? Cracks, shifting land(clay)?

We are renovating the interior of our home and our walls are 40-50cms thick of old stone. The original house is over 100 years old and it's built on a hill so no wall, or even floor is level. We've plastered the lounge but that was very challenging as all walls are curving/moving all over the shop. We are doing a mix of sand/glue plastering to fix interior walls.

You can see the before texture on the left and the after on the right (before painting). It's cheaper than plaster and quicker... especially when you have curved and uneven walls. A little Portuguese builder taught us this mix. It drys over 2-4 hours and you use a wet sponge to smoothen the texture. It's cost effective, and suits an old French house, but may look strange in a new Australian house.
1606936639553.png

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
We're doing hebel, have got a dark blue colorbound roof with a grey facade.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just curious, but why is that? Cracks, shifting land(clay)?

We are renovating the interior of our home and our walls are 40-50cms thick of old stone. The original house is over 100 years old and it's built on a hill so no wall, or even floor is level. We've plastered the lounge but that was very challenging as all walls are curving/moving all over the shop. We are doing a mix of sand/glue plastering to fix interior walls.

You can see the before texture on the left and the after on the right (before painting). It's cheaper than plaster and quicker... especially when you have curved and uneven walls. A little Portuguese builder taught us this mix. It drys over 2-4 hours and you use a wet sponge to smoothen the texture. It's cost effective, and suits an old French house, but may look strange in a new Australian house.View attachment 1021973
Love it! You guys should be on "A Place in France"
I was more thinking outdoor render. I've had it before. A while back, so maybe products are better these days. But yeah cracking from earth movement and damage from the elements. Also discolouration and dirtying from sun and rain.
Don't think you'll have to worry about any of those things with yours though. Such a cool house.

Should get a little bit for it but wouldnt have a clue how much - best to look up what new ones cost and halve price (or other 2nd hand ones on gum tree)

Just had a very quick look. A similar type one is $200.

So maybe I could get $75ish for it. Not bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facebook buy, swap and sell sights are good for selling sh*t on as well (if youre on facebook)

Nah i think i might just go thru my aunty- she does this crap all the time (and ive never done it).

Also safety- theres no way in hell im having someone come around to my house. Ill have to make sure my dad or brother comes over too- and bring the screen down outside as well. I wouldnt want randoms coming inside the property.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Nah i think i might just go thru my aunty- she does this crap all the time (and ive never done it).

Also safety- theres no way in hell im having someone come around to my house. Ill have to make sure my dad or brother comes over too- and bring the screen down outside as well. I wouldnt want randoms coming inside the property.

Yeah thats fair enough - its always interesting hearing women speak about things like that, and for good reason women should think like that ill add (like my missus wouldnt get a cab/UBER on her own for fear of her safety) - men (or most) dont ever think about that

Yeah thats fair enough - its always interesting hearing women speak about things like that, and for good reason women should think like that ill add (like my missus wouldnt get a cab/UBER on her own for fear of her safety) - men (or most) dont ever think about that

Nah im ok with cabs. Im never drunk anyway, so at least thats the main thing. -touch wood- the handful of times ive gotten cabs late at night, ive never had an issue.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Facebook/Internet scamming question: On facebook you see posts saying 'your birth month is what you get for CHristmas' and then people tag each other saying 'haha you're getting coal for christmas' etc. Do people tag or comment on these posts?

My brother creates websites for his jo and knows a bit about the internet etc and says people shouldn't answer these as its an easy way for people/scammers to find out information about you and use it to access personal accounts etc (one day may be what month, the next one what day or what was your pets name etc) - all of a sudden they have a database about you and potential password question answers etc.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Facebook/Internet scamming question: On facebook you see posts saying 'your birth month is what you get for CHristmas' and then people tag each other saying 'haha you're getting coal for christmas' etc. Do people tag or comment on these posts?

My brother creates websites for his jo and knows a bit about the internet etc and says people shouldn't answer these as its an easy way for people/scammers to find out information about you and use it to access personal accounts etc (one day may be what month, the next one what day or what was your pets name etc) - all of a sudden they have a database about you and potential password question answers etc.
Would depend on how locked down your facebook profile is in the first place. If things written on your wall are visible to the public, then I'd imagine anybody wanting to figure out your birthday would be able to find it easier than reverse engineering it from a post like the one you mention

That said, pretty much everything on facebook is about collecting your data so that it can then be sold - Cambridge Analytica (the company that sold data to the 2016 Trump campaign so that they could micro-target ads) gained most of that data from people filling out random quizzes (like those "Which Harry Potter house do you belong to?" ones) and then also inferring information about their friends

Can anyone recommend how to get a (small) house warming gift to mates overseas in England?

Obviously Australia Post charges an arm and a leg to send anything OS. Are there any good gift websites based in the UK that could deliver something to them over there, that would be better than buying something here and sending it?? :think:

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Can anyone recommend how to get a (small) house warming gift to mates overseas in England?

Obviously Australia Post charges an arm and a leg to send anything OS. Are there any good gift websites based in the UK that could deliver something to them over there, that would be better than buying something here and sending it?? :think:
Surely just look up online UK stores and send it to their address (if you know it)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back