The Race for #1 Supercoach League Glory (and forum bragging rights)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I recall this thread last year announcing that SCE 1 finished as the top-ranked league.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/congratulations-supercoach-elite-1st-in-2015.1110560/

That made 4 of the past 5 years that SCE won the title.

How are things shaping up in 2016? Looking at the Top 20 leagues after Round 15.

LB.jpg

By my count:

Supercoach Scores: 7 out of Top 20
Supercoach Coach: 3
FF (is this Fantasy Footy Club?): 3
Big Footy: 1
SC Talk: 1
Unaligned: 5

SCE 3 is ranked 43rd and climbing, SCE 1 is ranked 56th, can't see any others in the Top 100.

Which league will take home the chocolates?

Last edited:

Pre Bye rounds we (Bigfooty Div 1) were ranked #1. We are less than 1 point per week average less than top spot now so wont be long and we will be back up there.

312 points between yourselves and the #1 ranked league. Easier to make up ground as a collective than as an individual.

PS: Leagues #7 and #18 are ten-team leagues, hence their lower overall points score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

manboob sitting 18th and 2000-3000 points behind everyone else, yet we're still ranked 81st
Damn mammary :drunk:

And don't forget we have you Jiska;)
Wonder where the league would be sitting with the extra 2500 odd points?

Last edited:

How far off the pace was Supercoach Elite 1 at the same stage last year? Any recollection?

My hunch is that the top leagues from Supercoach Scores are pretty aggressive traders - now mostly with completed teams - but probably running with an average of 5-6 trades left. Whereas Supercoach Elite and Supercoach Coach are a little more conservative, operating with an extra trade or two on average, and therefore better placed in the event of carnage in the final couple of rounds.

That seems to be how SCE 1 romped home at the end of 2015.

How far off the pace was Supercoach Elite 1 at the same stage last year? Any recollection?

My hunch is that the top leagues from Supercoach Scores are pretty aggressive traders - now mostly with completed teams - but probably running with an average of 5-6 trades left. Whereas Supercoach Elite and Supercoach Coach are a little more conservative, operating with an extra trade or two on average, and therefore better placed in the event of carnage in the final couple of rounds.

That seems to be how SCE 1 romped home at the end of 2015.

According to the current poll about half of SCS'ers have 6 or less trades and half have 7 or more trades. Not sure how this would compare to SCE or SCC but it's also probably worth pointing out many coaches are not mutually exclusive to just one forum and forum leagues.

Weird question maybe: how do you get into these SC clubs that run top teams like that? What position do they expect you to finish each year to make their leagues a contender?

Edit: Bigfooty #4 (league I'm in) sitting @ 103.

Weird question maybe: how do you get into these SC clubs that run top teams like that? What position do they expect you to finish each year to make their leagues a contender?

Edit: Bigfooty #4 (league I'm in) sitting @ 103.
SCS and SCC are open, just need to do your time and finish well to move into their higher ranked leagues. Obviously both groups have their own closed leagues similar to SCE.

I hear the only way to join SCE is by killing an existing member and taking their place.

SCS and SCC are open, just need to do your time and finish well to move into their higher ranked leagues. Obviously both groups have their own closed leagues similar to SCE.

I hear the only way to join SCE is by killing an existing member and taking their place.

Must sacrifice a goat also. We'll also accept cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back