Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now that the Pies beat Wet Toast Hawks are in prime position. Will will need them to beat one of Richmond or Collingwood, maybe both depending on how we go next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most likely we beat Richmond and Adelaide and probably push Sydney. I can't see it being us.
I would expect North to beat Adelaide. The others, well, less likely but Richmond is possible. I somehow can't see Hawthorn winning again unless they really do want to send Clarko off without a spoon in his cabinet. On the other hand, Sammy Mitchells might want pick #1 to kick start his campaign.

If we beat Richmond does anybody see Dusty making a bid to try to honour the agreement he reneged on a few years ago? And if he did, what would the response be?

If Zurhaar doesn't get back next week I can't see how we win, and if he misses next week I think he's out for the season.

The crucial thing about Cam and Cunnington are their roles in our scoring chains through the middle. The latter is particularly vital which is why we struggle to win without him and as much as they try, guys like Jed aren't of a level to make up for their loss.

We'll put up a good show the next few weeks but unless one of the next three teams comes in switched off the same as Carlton and the Eagles then we won't score enough to win. We were strangled going forward today and it was our defenders that kept us alive under a barrage.

Not telling you how to feel, just what it sounds like you are barracking for. I actually understand that position, just don't support it myself.

That's pride talking. Think rationally about it;

Finishing 17th instead of 18th will have no long-term impacts on our 'culture' or any tangible benefits to the club.

Finishing 18th instead of 17th will have the exact same impact on our culture, whilst providing a tangible immediate benefit.

Finishing 17th instead of 18th will have no long-term impacts on our 'culture' or any tangible benefits to the club.

Finishing 18th instead of 17th will have the exact same impact on our culture, whilst providing a tangible immediate benefit.
There may be a bit of pride, but there is rational thinking as well. If we win more games, off the back of improving players, then that is a good thing. It will build confidence in individuals and the group, and show that we are a better team than thought.
There is a reason why there are very few number one picks who won premierships with teams that drafted them after finishing last.
I also think that you are overestimating the tangible benefit in pick one over pick two or three.

There may be a bit of pride, but there is rational thinking as well. If we win more games, off the back of improving players, then that is a good thing. It will build confidence in individuals and the group, and show that we are a better team than thought.
There is a reason why there are very few number one picks who won premierships with teams that drafted them after finishing last.
I also think that you are overestimating the tangible benefit in pick one over pick two or three.

With you here Lommy, but how many out & out no.1 picks have gone to a team showing so much improvement ?

There’s a tangible benefit of a season at the bottom. He’s 6’7 and played his first VFL game today. Our resident draft expert reckons he’s a top 10 ND talent.

We’re as competitive as any spooner.

Okay, hear me out.

Adelaide are super gay for Horne (write your own jokes) because he’s an SA boy.

if we get Pick 1,since I think our midfield looks pretty stacked already, especially if Kelly comes, what about this trade?

WE GIVE ADELAIDE - Pick 1 and Trent Dumont.
ADELAIDE GIVE US - Their first round pick (prob 3, 4 or 5) and next years first.

I think they’ll pay overs for him.

Okay, hear me out.

Adelaide are super gay for Horne (write your own jokes) because he’s an SA boy.

if we get Pick 1,since I think our midfield looks pretty stacked already, especially if Kelly comes, what about this trade?

WE GIVE ADELAIDE - Pick 1 and Trent Dumont.
ADELAIDE GIVE US - Their first round pick (prob 3, 4 or 5) and next years first.

I think they’ll pay overs for him.
Not a chance.

We take Horne and watch their delicious tears when he accepts his Norm Smith in a North Melbourne jumper.

You can never have too many good kids, especially ones that can play mid and forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back