Votes: 5 3.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

People get recency bias in a big way and the QF loosers get overlooked in semis.

The games this week, could go either way and no result would surprise me.

From a Collingwood perspective, the order I rate the others are
Brisbane
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
Port

I would be way more concerned playing GWS in a Prelim, than Port.
And Brisbane would be the biggest threat from the other side of the draw.

If the Pies don't get there, I think Brisbane-GWS would be a great game of football.
Not as sexy for the AFL as a Pies-Carlton, Pies-Melbourne, or Carlton-Melbourne.
But it would be an awesome game style to watch.

People get recency bias in a big way and the QF loosers get overlooked in semis.

Brisbane
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
Port

If the Pies don't get there, I think Brisbane-GWS would be a great game of football.
Not as sexy for the AFL as a Pies-Carlton, Pies-Melbourne, or Carlton-Melbourne.

I know recency bias is a thing but tonight’s game is 4 v 5, had a titanic struggle pre finals in r22 which was a finals like game so could really go either way.

I think port will beat giants but it’s by no means certain.

I know recency bias is a thing but tonight’s game is 4 v 5, had a titanic struggle pre finals in r22 which was a finals like game so could really go either way.

I think port will beat giants but it’s by no means certain.
I agree tonight's game could go either way but I like the way GWS play and think they will give Port a real scare tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
Port

Usually this is true but 2016 onwards straight setting has become way more frequent (it's happened in 4 of the 7 years from then) and it's the weakest top 4 for a while with two of the biggest "hot streak" EF winners as well.

There's genuine reason to believe these are 50/50 games.

Toffee, you have to win at the MCG remember.
Totally forgot, thanks for reminding me.

I'd argue we won a final at the MCG last season but apparently anyone can beat the Demons at the MCG in a final.

Carlton odds on favourites for the flag now.

We are 2 results going the right way from a Collingwood v Carlton grand final. The biggest of all big dances. For the first time in my life I will be hoping Collingwood wins a match. It will not be just another grand final. It wouldn't just be like any other all Victorian grand final.

Collingwood v Carlton haven't been at the top at the same time in more than 40 years. The oldest of rivals, the greatest of AFL heavyweights, it would be like Ali v Tyson in their prime, or Tiger v Jack, Michael v Lebron.

Deep down even if they won't admit it, every neutral fan in the AFL world wants this to happen.

I know port were dissapointing last week and they still have to get thru gws and Collingwood, but I've had a gut feel it would be a lions v port gf all season.

Back