The race for the top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see Port Adelaide beating Fremantle. It will be a great game but Fremantle will close down Port Adelaide's space and limit their running game and Fremantle's defense is hard to score against at Patersons. It's looking very likely to be a Sydney vs Fremantle Qualifying final at ANZ stadium.
I don't know about that. Freo have a lot of outs whereas Port don't and they're coming off of a belting 100+ win over Carlton. I think Port can snatch a win.

It's looking likely that it will be hawks and cats on the Friday night, and port or Freo hosting the elimination final on the Sunday.

What time will the other games be?

Will it be north v bombers on Saturday arvo and swans v Freo/port on the Saturday night? Or the other way around?
For the last two seasons, the 2nd QF has been on the Saturday. This gives the loser time to make it home that night (probability it being the travelling team) and get more preparation time for the Saturday game the following week.

I can't see it changing.

what about taking one away and leaving the other?
I haven't really studied the two terms completely, from a psychology point of view, but the two are intertwined I think. There are times where you need courage, and times where you need to be brave.

Perhaps you could look at it from this perspective.

Small fish in a big pond
Big fish in a small pond.

Suppose we had a cut off at 9th position, for a B class finals system. You could win the last game; and play in the upper class, or lose the last game and end up in the bottom class and win the championship.

This thread will be done in 3 days...been following it since its exception. Will be sad to see it go.

If Freo lose to Port and miss the top 4...what a disappointing and waste of a season. I expect a Freo win.

So many bumps I want to do from the first few pages.
The best is the one saying the entire Collingwood team should be fired if they fail to make the top 4. Couldn't agree more!

This thread will be done in 3 days...been following it since its exception. Will be sad to see it go.

If Freo lose to Port and miss the top 4...what a disappointing and waste of a season. I expect a Freo win.

Both sides are top 4 quality but only 1 will make it. Malthouse said last night he expects Port to win the game but that Freo are good enough to make a run from 5th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An even more interesting thing about this Saturday's Top 4 deciding clash is that regardless of who wins, the two teams will likely meet again in the Semi-Final.
Yep. And if Port lose this time, it would be hard to see them turning the tables when Barlow and Fyfe come back. Massive game

The Fremantle v Port game is shaping up as one of those games where I keep looking at the outs for the favoured team, the form of the underdog, the likely match-ups and spend a week basically talking myself into the underdog having a chance. And then, when they're five goals down early in the second quarter, I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

First page is a brilliant read

Yes, god forbid anyone should diss Sydney - facts are at the point in time they were struggling and the posts reflect that - big deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back