The race for top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

You may be right and what a huge week that would be but I think Collingwood, and probably Richmond too, will both have to finish top 2 for that to happen. ATM I have Richmond finishing 1st and Collingwood 3rd and playing Sydney in Sydney week 1.

Strangely my predictor has Geelong, Adelaide and North all missing finals on 13 wins. It's going to take 14 wins to guarantee a final spot this year.

Correct as in it’s going to need more wins than other years to make finals.
Although I do rate my side, we are far from guaranteed to even make the 8. A tough draw and all the sides directly below us 6-9th have a much much easier run home.

Correct as in it’s going to need more wins than other years to make finals.
Although I do rate my side, we are far from guaranteed to even make the 8. A tough draw and all the sides directly below us 6-9th have a much much easier run home.
It wasn't intentional and I rate Geelong it's just how my tips fell. Still had you on 13 wins and probably didn't take in your home ground advantage.

Port now 9-4 with Carl StK Freo GWS (in Adel) WB and Adel next 6.

Should expect to get 4 from 6 minm, 5 if they are serious, and all 6 if in form. 5 will have them 14-5 and almost a top 4 surely.

Not this year imo, do a ladder predictor. 15 might but the top teams are gonna win more than usual this year.
Ladder predictors are great but they don’t allow for upsets. Teams going for the top 4 are going to drop games unexpectedly. I don’t know which ones, they are unexpected, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Lock in Richmond and Sydney

then out of port, eagles and pies

Sydney has to play Richmond, Geelong, North Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Melbourne, GWS and Hawthorn.

I ain’t locking in s**t for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney has to play Richmond, Geelong, North Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Melbourne, GWS and Hawthorn.

I ain’t locking in s**t for them.

Played WCE twice already as well. The rest looks stock standard for us. We have learnt to appreciate a draw that others mobs whinge and whine about.

None of them look much chop anyway. Probably Hawthorn the best chance against us during the run into Sept.

Hawthorn have an incredibly easy run home. Provided they can beat the teams below them and a couple of peers they could go 9-2 and be knocking on the door of top 4.

They may just struggle with some teams below them. The hawks are a ‘funny’ team. They have to be at their absolute best to win games and Clarko is getting the maximum out of them. However, they could easily lose those games against teams below them if they are even slightly off.

Well WC can afford to lose probably 6 games of their last 11 and make the top 4 so they can afford to slip up.

wce finish 4th and play tiges at the g in week one and lose a close one
and then forced to play say colllingwood week two and win a tough game
then sydney in sydney or port in adelaide week three.....

no one wants to finish 4th this year

Just did it. There's a lot of 50 / 50 games left for the rest of the season, I don't think I've ever done a ladder predictor with less certainty.

For what it's worth :

Richmond 18 wins
Eagles 17 wins
North 16 wins
Sydney 16 wins

Port Adelaide 16 wins
Geelong 15 wins
Melbourne 15 wins
Collingwood 15 wins

Jeez Melbourne have had some s**t losses that will come back to bite them on the arse. Probably a sign that they're not quite ready yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back