The race for Top 4

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Our two games in hand are against Chelsea and Liverpool. I would be surprised if we get a point from both of those games, so really, the two games in hand aren't important as others think IMO.
ManU get both of those teams on the way in as well so that is hardly a compelling argument. ManU also have City and Tottenham.

West Ham have got all of those in the run home as well.

Arsenal are the best placed to take 4th.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Our two games in hand are against Chelsea and Liverpool. I would be surprised if we get a point from both of those games, so really, the two games in hand aren't important as others think IMO.
Look at it this way, it's just two extra games to get points from. So just pretend you have to play Chelsea and Liverpool anyways later in the season and then count he games against Norwich and Brentford as your two in hand. Haha.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
ManU get both of those teams on the way in as well so that is hardly a compelling argument. ManU also have City and Tottenham.

West Ham have got all of those in the run home as well.

Arsenal are the best placed to take 4th.
Yep top 6 is the aim for us from here I think + Europa. Whoever doesn't win b/w us and Wolves on Sunday I think are definitely out of the running you'd imagine.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Would you want Conference League?
For a club that's only just returned to any European football I think it's not an inconvenience. The europa was like that for us for a good 5 or 6 years before it became a drain on bigger goals. West Ham should aim for 4th, be happy with 6th but okay with going very far in a conference league.

After the fad where's off of watching midweek games against players you don't know in a fake competition then it's something to turn your nose at

You're a huge chance of grabbing a point against us. I'd actually be surprised if you didn't.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20220314-190623_Chrome.jpg

We may need to keep a 9 point gap on 5th just to be safe.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sitting 4th and play 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 8th in the run home. Are you confident?
Nah, it's gonna be very tough.

I knew we had to play Spurs/Chelsea/Pool, but wasn't really aware of the rest.

It's gonna be tough, we are doing very well and maybe aside from you guys and Pool, we could beat most teams with the way we are playing.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Nah, it's gonna be very tough.

I knew we had to play Spurs/Chelsea/Pool, but wasn't really aware of the rest.

It's gonna be tough, we are doing very well and maybe aside from you guys and Pool, we could beat most teams with the way we are playing.
Yeah the way you guys are playing lately you'll be a handful for anyone and deserve that 4th spot.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Hard to look past Arsenal for 4th at the minute.

Spurs need to win both their games in hand and hope Arsenal lose to us and Chelsea to really get them back in the reckoning.

I think United, West Ham and Wolves are fighting for Europa and Conference League spots.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Chelsea

Remaining games: Brentford (H), Southampton (A), Leeds (A), West Ham (H), Everton (A), Wolves (H), Man United (A), Watford (H). Date TBA: Arsenal (H), Leicester (H)

Arsenal

Remaining games: Crystal Palace (A), Brighton (H), Southampton (A), Manchester United (H), West Ham (A), Leeds (H), Newcastle United (A), Everton (H). Date TBA: Tottenham (A), Chelsea (A), Liverpool (H)

Tottenham Hotspur

Remaining games: Newcastle (H), Aston Villa (A), Brighton (H), Brentford (A), Leicester (H), Liverpool (A), Burnley (H), Norwich City (A). Date TBA: Arsenal (H)

Manchester United

Remaining games: Liverpool (A), Leicester (H), Everton (A), Norwich (H), Arsenal (A), Brentford (H), Brighton (A), Chelsea (H), Crystal Palace (A)

West Ham

Remaining games: Tottenham (A), Everton (H), Brentford (A), Burnley (H), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Norwich (A), Man City (H), Brighton (A)

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Hammers are done. United probably too.
View attachment 1350738
Don't let sky try and convince you otherwise the top 4 race isn't a race at all. It's over. Just look at the state of the 2 sides chasing. 1 game extra 3 and 4 points off already. One has just broken a 15 game streak of WLWLWLWL and the other is captained by Slabhead ffs. There is no way arsenal don't finish top 4. They're more likely to get 3rd than finish 5th or lower

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Don't let sky try and convince you otherwise the top 4 race isn't a race at all. It's over. Just look at the state of the 2 sides chasing. 1 game extra 3 and 4 points off already. One has just broken a 15 game streak of WLWLWLWL and the other is captained by Slabhead ffs. There is no way arsenal don't finish top 4. They're more likely to get 3rd than finish 5th or lower
Arsenal have a tricky run home, they are going to have to earn it the hard way.

Back