The race for Top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said, naïve and borderline stupid to assume our form could carry on from a 7 game winning streak into the final 8 fixtures.

Now it is Arsenal's spot to lose. Positive for us is walking away with a point this time around and keeping the gap to just 2 points. But we now have the tougher fixtures and are playing Nuno-ball rather than Conte-ball

Still don't trust us. Though we are getting West Ham at a good time, no starting CBs to pick from and an impending European semi final.

Which means no doubt we will lose to a scratchy 1-0.

Annoys me more now we lost those 3 very easy games, if we had just won even 2 of them, we would be in a much stronger position.

Still don't trust us. Though we are getting West Ham at a good time, no starting CBs to pick from and an impending European semi final.

Annoys me more now we lost those 3 very easy games, if we had just won even 2 of them, we would be in a much stronger position.
West Ham will turn it up massively in that game. Would be surprised if its less than a 3 goal margin

The Everton loss burns me most.

Chelsea's goal difference should keep them safe, but they would want to pick up their last few wins they need soon.
We should beat Watford, but I have no confidence in the rest of our fixtures. Top 4 is definite up for grabs for both Spurs and Arsenal.

FancyThankfulDrafthorse-max-1mb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to beat Leeds and hope Spurs don't win at Anfield, that buffer heading into an away NLD that the home team typically dominates will be crucial.

I take small comfort knowing that as much as Spurs may have just derailed our title chances, we in turn derailed there CL aspirations. Give and take I suppose.
Derailed us?

We've been doing that to ourselves from way before that. Started with the 50 day search for Nuno. Then the shot on target famine opening 10 games when we attacked worse than all sides other than Norwich. Then when Conte lost his s**t realising he is working with a squad of 17 players.

The fact there's 15 sides below us is still a miracle by Conte

Derailed us?

We've been doing that to ourselves from way before that. Started with the 50 day search for Nuno. Then the shot on target famine opening 10 games when we attacked worse than all sides other than Norwich. Then when Conte lost his s**t realising he is working with a squad of 17 players.

The fact there's 15 sides below us is still a miracle by Conte
Oh I'm aware you're your own worst enemy haha.

I do think you will miss out on top four now. Arsenal look in the box seat.

Arsenal lost 3 in a row lol. United have been poor.

4th spot was gift wrapped for Spurs this season.
Champions League qualification for next season on the line and still in control of their destiny if they beat us and they park the biggest bus the world has ever seen. Son & Kane must be frustrated playing such negative football in a side with that much talent.

Champions League qualification for next season on the line and still in control of their destiny if they beat us and they park the biggest bus the world has ever seen. Son & Kane must be frustrated playing such negative football in a side with that much talent.
Surprised Son hasn’t tried to force a move like Harry did.

Rivals for 4th spot to Spurs have been Utd (a mess), West Ham (never likely) & Arsenal who started the season with 3 losses in a row and recently lost 3 in a row.

Its still possible but Conte not getting 4th under those circumstances must be seen as a fail especially considering where Arsenal were when he started.

A lot of crap on this page.

Lebbo73 utter nonsense. Our plan should have won the game late. We’ve scored the most goals in 2022 but are getting chewed out for not making it easy for LFC to win.

Zidane98 when he took over? We sacked Nuno after matchday 10. All those clubs were ahead of us at that point. That we’ve guaranteed 5th at worst with 3 games to go is a good recovery from that position.

Male faith. Jog on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back