The Rage Page...... Post your non-footy frustrations

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, the Daily Terror just runs a stream of these "stories" to keep you outraged and manipulable. War on Christmas will be up soon. Decision to make is whether you're willing to let Rupert's minions yank you about on strings, or not.

Read the article again ....it says " a govt commissioned group"
I have, and it doesn't say that at all. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...m-pregnant-women-replace-pregnant-people.html
Might I suggest you do the same?
The Equality Institute has previously been commissioned by the Victorian Government to do research and analysis on domestic violence, and has partnered up with various government agencies and non-profit companies.
The headline calls them a "Government group", but that's to be expected from the Daily Mail, which is basically a sensationalist clickbait site of plagiarism and tabloid tripe.
I

Need a browser add-on that detects when you're on a news site and gives you a list of owners, ratings on factual accuracy etc.
Well get on to it!

I have a far more annoying thing to raise, something that I have to put up with most days.

I have to get onto a freeway going home (in Fitzroy of course) from work. I am coming down the ramp to get onto the freeway and the person in front of me is accelerating up to about 85 and then they start to look how they are going to merge into the freeway traffic AND THEY NOW TAKE THEIR FOOT OFF THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL, SO SLOWING DOWN AT LEAST ANOTHER 10 KPH WHICH MAKES IT DANGEROUS TO GET ONTO THE FREEWAY.

It's not difficult, people, to look and continue to increase your speed. Women are the worse as they cannot multi task despite what popular opinion says.

I have a far more annoying thing to raise, something that I have to put up with most days.

I have to get onto a freeway going home (in Fitzroy of course) from work. I am coming down the ramp to get onto the freeway and the person in front of me is accelerating up to about 85 and then they start to look how they are going to merge into the freeway traffic AND THEY NOW TAKE THEIR FOOT OFF THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL, SO SLOWING DOWN AT LEAST ANOTHER 10 KPH WHICH MAKES IT DANGEROUS TO GET ONTO THE FREEWAY.

It's not difficult, people, to look and continue to increase your speed. Women are the worse as they cannot multi task despite what popular opinion says.
I am living in Hobart and dual lane carriageways are obviously a new thing, the number of people who merge into the 100 zone at 60 is infuriating. The locals are bad and the new Australians from China are a crap load worse.

I am living in Hobart and dual lane carriageways are obviously a new thing, the number of people who merge into the 100 zone at 60 is infuriating. The locals are bad and the new Australians from China are a crap load worse.

You are right about the overseas drivers but you must remember most of them would have not driven much, if at all, when living in China. Bit hard for them to drive rationally but its the rest of the drivers that annoy me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right about the overseas drivers but you must remember most of them would have not driven much, if at all, when living in China. Bit hard for them to drive rationally but its the rest of the drivers that annoy me.
Actually, most do drive in China. when I was there I couldn't believe the number of cars on the road. The pollution in Bejing and Shanghai is unbelievable..last pic below is the sun trying to break through the smog. To combat it they have a system on what day one can drive... similar to when we have a petrol rationing here one-day odd numbers the next even but in thirds 1,3 & 9 then 2 5 & 7 then 0, 6 & 8 .... 4 is considered an unlucky number so no plate has it in it..

Attachments

• 20160111_090718.jpg
    20160111_090718.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 20160112_105737(1).jpg
    20160112_105737(1).jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20160106_204317.jpg
    20160106_204317.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 20160113_140923.jpg
    20160113_140923.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Bloody Tiger Air, why and how they are still in business is beyond me!

We dropped son and girlfriend off tonight for 7.30pm flight home to GC....flight delayed then delayed again. Now has been cancelled altogether! As I write this they are looking for accommodation ...early flight tomorrow. There was no point us going all the way back to bring them home here then turn around a short time later to get them there for the early flight. Not sure which airline they're going with. Can't see him re-booking with Tiger.

They are not happy vegemites!

My allergy to spiders and other such bugs.
Bites make my eyes swell up, a rash break out and difficulty breathing.
As a consequence, socks are always up and longies are a steaming hot necessity.

Still have scars on my legs from a flea attack nearly eight years ago.

:lemon:

Not really rage, but a mild frustration.

Does everyone get the same Honda adds at the side of the page, with the people with puzzled expressions?

I find them particularly irritating for some reason. Certainly doesn't make me want to buy their car.

If any of these fires are found to have been deliberately lit, the culprit if caught should be locked up for good.....and I don't care if they are kids!

Right now I'm feeling very emotional, the very small town of Lexton on the Sunraysia H'way has been evacuated tonight, fire heading straight for them. Mum was only there yesterday, one of her carers took a bus load of the oldies to their place in the town for an outing, lunch etc provided. Also we always stopped at Lexton for a smoke, toilet break at their lovely little park ...never missed stopping there on our journeys down to Ballarat or Melbourne.

Bad enough for all the people effected and involved with the fires in NSW and QLD, but when it somewhere you are so familiar with, it really hits home.

If the fire gets to Lexton, it will be gone as it is a scruffy bushy sort of place, just hope all the people got out.

:fire:😢 Nearly the whole damn country is on fire now....

Why why why do they want to take the kids with them, so f....ng sad.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02...ht-people-trapped-inside-in-brisbane/11979628

Brisbane man Rowan Baxter and his three children — all aged under 10 — have died after the car they were in was allegedly set on fire in Raven Street, Camp Hill this morning.
Key points:
  • Hannah Baxter is in hospital with critical injuries
  • Rowan Baxter and his three children died in the incident
  • A passer-by tried to help the people in the car escape

The mother of the children, Hannah Baxter, was critically injured in the incident.
The ABC understands Ms Baxter jumped from the vehicle and yelled "he's poured petrol on me".

Unfortunately the mum has died too.....have just read the very sad news on the HUN

...just so bloody tragic:'(
She would probably have preferred to go with her children than to survive, imagine living with the loss of 3 young children let alone in such horrendous circumstances, makes me cry just thinking about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back