News The Rain and Floods

Remove this Banner Ad

Sooooooooo the worst of it is over?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No it’s going to take weeks for the water to flow through the Murray/Darling system and it’s still raining.

The major rural flooding has barely started.

In the N.E. suburbs, just a rainy day. Rest of you burb'ans the same ?
Pretty much. Just a non stop rain event in deepest darkest Rye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s funny, when it rains everyone who doesn’t think it’s real go on about how global warming is bullshit, then when we have some hot weather and fires the people on the other side scream about how climate change is going to kill us all.

It’s interesting once you start watching how people behave.
Its all global warming tho.

Ice caps melt and the ocean gets hotter = more evaporation = more rain.

We've always had floods and fires but the intensity of these things now is just mental. Micro burst rain bombs never used to happen. They do now and they are crazy. You can hear the rain from kms away!!! It blew me away the first time I heard rain that never even got to my house. We now have actual tornados made of fire not wind. And not just the "fire tornados" we've all seen running back and forth along the top of 50m walls of flame (they are just vortexes) actual structural tornados made of fire.

Planet is ****ed. I'm glad I'll be dead before the worst of it happens. My kids are gonna see some crazy bad things tho.

Its all global warming tho.

Ice caps melt and the ocean gets hotter = more evaporation = more rain.

We've always had floods and fires but the intensity of these things now is just mental. Micro burst rain bombs never used to happen. They do now and they are crazy. You can hear the rain from kms away!!! It blew me away the first time I heard rain that never even got to my house. We now have actual tornados made of fire not wind. And not just the "fire tornados" we've all seen running back and forth along the top of 50m walls of flame (they are just vortexes) actual structural tornados made of fire.

Planet is cactus. I'm glad I'll be dead before the worst of it happens. My kids are gonna see some crazy bad things tho.

I know mate. It’s real. Though it’s just interesting to watch the each far end of the spectrum when it comes to stuff like this, the best thing is 99% of them don’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

SES and volunteers have evacuated the bottom end of my home town here in Tassie, I've been running people and their gear to my local Cricket/Footy club, where we've been able to store their belongings, high and dry. 250mm has fallen so far so they're saying...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back