The rain

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone was planning on doing so, don't head to Lilydale.

Don't even think about Mooroolbark either.

She's a bit ****ed at the moment.

Main Street, Bellara Dr and Manchester Rd are stuffed.

She's a bit cactus at the moment.

55mm in under an hour. :oops:

And yet the weather stations at Scoresby/Viewbank only got a light sprinkle.

Yes half of Maroondah hwy was under water
So many floods

Our roof was leaking last week so I got up there on Sunday, turns out the gutter was blocked. The filters I put over the drainpipe predictably got blocked with leaves.
we had a leak fixed year after the heaving rain around this same time
had another leak over the garage fixed a few weeks ago

they've now had two cracks at another spot on another part of the roof near the one from last year

waiting for the next rain to see if its fixed now

reckon they missed this one last year

The BOM weather stations are a joke. It rained nearly continuously overnight a few days ago here, water everywhere on the sides of road, paddocks were flooded yet the app said 1.8 mm for the 24hr to 9am. They must be positioned under trees or something.

Are you close to either suburb?

Around Bayswater. We seem to be getting the heavier share of it right now, but nowhere near as bad as Lilydale yesterday.

The BOM weather stations are a joke. It rained nearly continuously overnight a few days ago here, water everywhere on the sides of road, paddocks were flooded yet the app said 1.8 mm for the 24hr to 9am. They must be positioned under trees or something.

Melbourne Water's map gives a much better overview of the local variation imo.

BoM's network should be more robust, but if just one station goes down, you lose sight of a whole area.

Around Bayswater. We seem to be getting the heavier share of it right now, but nowhere near as bad as Lilydale yesterday.

I'm just down the road in Rowville and didn't cop it.

Well, it was a pissdown but it barely bruised a grape.

I remember getting 40mm in less than 20 minutes many years ago, that was fun (backyard drain was blocked thus was ankle deep in water right near the side door).
My area is a flood zone, and the street itself can have water up to our knees if things get crazy rain wise.

My house has had a fair few leaks over the years, most recent was 2 years ago where water got in through a cracked tile and came in through the house via a heating vent in the ceiling. Luckily it only resulted in the couch being replaced via insurance. But there were many other instances between 2007 - 2011 where 30-50mm of rain was enough for water to come in at several possible entry points. The worst was the lounge room - several guesses were the water filling up via the eaves and making its way in the house via the walls. The likely culprit in that case was tree roots blocking the drain pipe(s) which otherwise would have helped water escape to the foot path/main road.

Water has also come in from the wooden door frames on the inside of the house. This and other random indoor leakages were resolved by updating the roof's drains - adding several more along the house (particularly the trouble spots where the leaks were coming in).

So far whenever there has been a heavy downpour of 20-50-100 mm, I haven't experienced the same drama in the past.

Was planning on hitting up the Warburton trail a few times before the end of the year. Was.

It's just a crazy year for it, the land is just soaked everywhere. I've already had a festival in December cancelled as the land just wouldn't be ready in time.
Hoping a few rail trails around Victoria dry up a bit for summer, really want to get out of the city again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was planning on hitting up the Warburton trail a few times before the end of the year. Was.

It's just a crazy year for it, the land is just soaked everywhere. I've already had a festival in December cancelled as the land just wouldn't be ready in time.
Hoping a few rail trails around Victoria dry up a bit for summer, really want to get out of the city again.
yeah lots of walking tracks will be out again

they just re opened the 1000 steps from the May storms last year

ah oct - storm season
has got very dark and black on radar massive hail

BoM’s radar showing storm cells tracking to miss us to the south, maybe you’ll get it. Plenty of noise, though, so we’ll see. And can smell rain, I like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back