Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last thing on the election. Disappointed Dictator Dan didn't don the North Face jacket and says Are we right to go?' at his victory speech just to troll the cookers

Who or what are the cookers? Keep seeing reference to them suddenly and have no idea. Are they those big-brained freedom protestors or something?

Who or what are the cookers? Keep seeing reference to them suddenly and have no idea. Are they those big-brained freedom protestors or something?

Cookers consist of people who believe a wide range of conspiracy theories, whether mainstream or fringe. Usually against mask mandates, lockdowns and state/international border closures.

Can often be seen posting misinformation on Facebook or here, telling people to do their own research and protesting against "tyranny" and for "freedom. Often also use the laughing emoji when they do not know how to respond.

Last edited:
Yawkey way you should check this Whyte-Franklin fight out if you get some free time mate, for a guy that I thought would be put out inside 4 rounds Franklin boxed incredibly well. Great finish - won't spoil it for you if you do watch it haha

Cookers consist of people who believe a wide range of conspiracy theories, whether mainstream or fringe. Usually against mask mandates, lockdowns and state/international border closures.

Can often be seen posting misinformation on Facebook or here, telling people to do their own research and protesting against "tyranny" and for "freedom.
Is it still a conspiracy to say those popular masks can’t filter out Covid or that the state border closures were unnecessarily cruel and even evil when they locked out citizens from their home?

Surely by now we can look at it with 20/20 vision and admit those blue and white masks don’t stop Covid, the vaccine helps against hospitalization but you still catch and spread the virus and state border closures should have been handled in a much more humane way.

Even Bloomberg pours water on the idea the lab leak theory is a conspiracy theory. It’s valid. But we’ve spent the last 2 years hearing from the media and the sheep that it’s not true and those that believe it also think the moon landing was fake.

The “cooker” rhetoric is just another attempt to dehumanize those who aren’t listening to the government and media propagander.

Is it still a conspiracy to say those popular masks can’t filter out Covid or that the state border closures were unnecessarily cruel and even evil when they locked out citizens from their home?

Surely by now we can look at it with 20/20 vision and admit those blue and white masks don’t stop Covid, the vaccine helps against hospitalization but you still catch and spread the virus and state border closures should have been handled in a much more humane way.

Even Bloomberg pours water on the idea the lab leak theory is a conspiracy theory. It’s valid. But we’ve spent the last 2 years hearing from the media and the sheep that it’s not true and those that believe it also think the moon landing was fake.

The “cooker” rhetoric is just another attempt to dehumanize those who aren’t listening to the government and media propagander.
Incredible how the left has become what they purportedly despise, and lack the introspection to realise

Agree the label is just that a label - similar to 'woke' or the 'left', never said I agree with the use of it. Have not used on here to describe others unlike some others.

The extremes of both sides do not help, that is my point. Theories are good, they need testing!!

It is the weekend lets enjoy it

Incredible how the left has become what they purportedly despise, and lack the introspection to realise
Funny does the left dispise science, advice from medical professionals and are anti vaxx?
The Sack Dan Andrews party got 0.1% of the vote. The extremists are a tiny minority and the sensible centre saw through their idiotic bs and the Liberals preferences them.
Both punished. Now for the right wing client media needs to apologise for their lies.

Who do we draft tomorrow night?

Funny does the left dispise science, advice from medical professionals and are anti vaxx?
The Sack Dan Andrews party got 0.1% of the vote. The extremists are a tiny minority and the sensible centre saw through their idiotic bs and the Liberals preferences them.
Both punished. Now for the right wing client media needs to apologise for their lies.

Who do we draft tomorrow night?
Don’t forget acceptable levels of grammar, individual responsibility and a grasp of personal hygiene 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds like what they refer to as "cookers" are the more extreme, rigged-election & covid-is-fake facebook-rant types, not so much the ones that over or understated the purpose of masks and vaccines. Got a few on my contact list at the moment that remind me why I barely touch facebook anymore haha

It sounds like what they refer to as "cookers" are the more extreme, rigged-election & covid-is-fake facebook-rant types, not so much the ones that over or understated the purpose of masks and vaccines. Got a few on my contact list at the moment that remind me why I barely touch facebook anymore haha

Me too, a couple went full Q anon during Covid and have made FB a no go zone.

The client media in print and TV demonised Andrews and Labor, empty vessels make the most noise. The majority didn't fall for the bs.
Looks as though Labor will have 55 seats, the same as before the election.
Victoria is now majority millennial and add in gen z too and there is a lot of Victorians who no longer consume whatever crap newscorp or fairfax print, say or put on video.

The politics in this nation during this decade will shift big time imo. Expect greens and teals to get bigger.

You should give it another go, I am positive they are missing your backyard species discoveries and long rants to the local library's Facebook page.

Victoria is now majority millennial and add in gen z too and there is a lot of Victorians who no longer consume whatever crap newscorp or fairfax print, say or put on video.

The politics in this nation during this decade will shift big time imo. Expect greens and teals to get bigger.
Not so sure about the teals

I kind of laugh at people who say that Murdoch is evil and people have found better ways to get the news.
ummmm their sources may be pretty dodgy. Possibly worse than Murdoch.

The Libs will abandon the Murdoch press and their ties to unpopular politics at some point. The Teals are just the Libs with some progressive environmental policy sprinkled on it and they are popular in the cities. The interesting part of that is what Labor do at that point. They'll be 2 parties that don't have much difference. Do they have to push left and progressive to keep pace?

Not so sure about the teals

In the inner burbs they appeal to a lot of professionals who would never vote Labor but hate the way the Libs have gone harder to the right and want climate policy. In my area they are taking up a gap in the market. I doubt that they have anything other than irritation factor long term but they look like until the Libs move in to the centre they'll have a role.

Same as Labour voters with more left leaning and progressive ideas going green.

I kind of laugh at people who say that Murdoch is evil and people have found better ways to get the news.
ummmm their sources may be pretty dodgy. Possibly worse than Murdoch.

A less centralised agenda maybe but the Q Anon and Trump phenomenon are the down side. I know we have a few trump fans on here but he's not been good for the political system in the US or the stability of the world. It was perfect timing for the rise of the internet spreading of misinformation with out regulations like the old school media are governed by.

I think people haven't developed enough of a bullshit radar with online content yet and especially people over 50 who seem to think anything that looks vaguely authentic online must be truth. It hopefully comes with time.

In the inner burbs they appeal to a lot of professionals who would never vote Labor but hate the way the Libs have gone harder to the right and want climate policy. In my area they are taking up a gap in the market. I doubt that they have anything other than irritation factor long term but they look like until the Libs move in to the centre they'll have a role.

Same as Labour voters with more left leaning and progressive ideas going green.
Think the teals would be disappointed with last nights results ?

All though i did have skin full

Think the teals would be disappointed with last nights results ?

All though i did have skin full

Yeah, they didn't spend as much or get the free media this election. I think they picked off the politicians that they blamed for some policy direction in the federal election. I don't think it's as easy in a state election with a Labor government who look pretty similar apart from the name. If they hit NSW and went after some of their Libs who are still tainted by Scomo they might pick off a few seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back