Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any club looking at De Goey now especially if they think he's a total d*** and will never change.

The consensus view now surely would be -

"I don't think, ... I know!!"
Pies fans thinking he'll sit out the first part of the season and at the end of the year he'll go to Sun's via FA and they'll get huge compo picks.

De Luded.

I can't see any club looking at De Goey now especially if they think he's a total d*** and will never change.

No chance he plays anywhere.

This is an opportunity for the new pies board to show its not like the previous administration.

If this was Ed he would be trying to cover it up

No chance he plays anywhere.

This is an opportunity for the new pies board to show its not like the previous administration.

If this was Ed he would be trying to cover it up
He’s an idiot to say the least and I’m glad he doesn’t play for us but barring something unforeseen he’ll be forgiven and someone will pick him up. If he was a fringe player he’d never play again but the fact Carey is on our screens is a classic example of how things work.

I bet they do which really speaks volumes about how sportsmen are treated.

He’s an idiot to say the least and I’m glad he doesn’t play for us but barring something unforeseen he’ll be forgiven and someone will pick him up. If he was a fringe player he’d never play again but the fact Carey is on our screens is a classic example of how things work.
The world has changed though.

The world has changed though.
My bet would be if he’s convicted he’ll end up with a suspension of some kind. It’s probably something minor if he’s not convicted and won’t extend beyond this season even if he is imo. Go back and look at Carey’s trail of destruction but like I said there he is back in the fold calling games. Teams will come calling, de goey will make his apology tour and someone will put an incentive based contract in front of him.

The world has changed you’re right about that, we‘ve collectively lost our minds. Very few people are held accountable for there actions and our courts are a revolving door. Anyway we’ll see how it plays out, at present I’m just glad he doesn’t play for us.

What jobs should Carey be allowed to do?
Fact is, he copped his punishment and has seemingly changed as a person. Or do we continue to cast people aside for mistakes they made in the past?

Fact is, he copped his punishment and has seemingly changed as a person. Or do we continue to cast people aside for mistakes they made in the past?

Looking forward to the new sitcom "Hey Pervy old Uncle " when Robert Hugh's gets out of jail in just a few years.
Of course its up to the employer if they think it sits well with the public.
Obviously Carey has enough people forgive and forget that his employers consider him an asset and not a liability.

Look at how different Wayne Carey gets treated with his history of his drug abuse and domestic violence sexual assault - it's a disgrace that Channel 7 and media outlets still use him. And then compare it to how the media have treated Nadia Bartel, absolute joke.

Carey has punched and glassed his ex's

Last edited:

I'm wondering if we can get the AFL to refund Lovetts grievance.

I mean, he had to piss off to WA to simply not get charged with either attempt sexual assault of a woman or straight up assault, so, we've proven right, the AFL has once again shat the bed good and proper and rug swept.

I think that's worth at least 4 goals benefit per match.

Doesn't excuse the fact that Carey is a garbage, Captain Obvious, vacuous commentator who shouldn't be on air regardless of his rap sheet. Just so B.T. (another flog of the highest order, also way past his use by date) can say....."So Duck, what do you reckon, duh.....?"

Last edited:
Doesn't excuse the fact that Carey is a garbage, Captain Obvious, vacuous commentator who shouldn't be on air regardless of his rap sheet. Just so B.T. (another flog of the highest order, also way past his use by date) can say....."So Duck, what do you reckon, duh....."

Deliriously Dopey Duck and Big boy Bushel BT bring you, with thanks to dirty birds fried chicken, Friday Night Footy!
-cue highlight reel narrated by Dipstick Darcy
-Panel set up here for pre show discussion
And lets cross to the boundary for special comments from David King "they really to walk faster if they want to run".
Thanks Kingy...

Best footy radio panel ever, but don't forget the Repco shitcan stat report thanks to Beaurepairs, with one of the Kornes that doesn't shut up, F it, all of them reading the same sheet at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't excuse the fact that Carey is a garbage, Captain Obvious, vacuous commentator who shouldn't be on air regardless of his rap sheet. Just so B.T. (another flog of the highest order, also way past his use by date) can say....."So Duck, what do you reckon, duh.....?"
That’s a channel 7 issue, not a Carey issue. He’s one of the best on analyzing games on radio.

You do realise he didn’t just sleep with his team mates wife, he had a string of unsavoury incidents. He can do anything he likes the question is should he be on tv and how have we changed as a society.

So in the context of the above behaviour yes I think Wayne Carey on national tv means de goey being a star will be forgiven and have plenty of interested teams and the world hasn’t changed that much. As to the question of casting people aside because of past mistakes well I guess what you do matters. We have all sorts of specials days and we focus on domestic violence, I see Wayne calling football as problematic and offensive to many, others obviously don’t.

Last edited:
You do realise he didn’t just sleep with his team mates wife, he had a string of unsavoury incidents. He can do anything he likes the question is should he be on tv and how have we changed as a society.

So in the context of the above behaviour yes I think Wayne Carey on national tv means de goey being a star will be forgiven and have plenty of interested teams and the world hasn’t changed that much. As to the question of casting people aside because of past mistakes we’ll I guess what you do matters. We have all sorts of specials days and we focus on domestic violence, I see Wayne calling football as problematic and offensive to many, others obviously don’t.
Yeah a lot of his other stuff gets lumped together with the cheating which is a betrayal but not illegal. He’s done some heinous s**t.

So in the context of the above behaviour yes I think Wayne Carey on national tv means de goey being a star will be forgiven and have plenty of interested teams and the world hasn’t changed that much. As to the question of casting people aside because of past mistakes well I guess what you do matters. We have all sorts of specials days and we focus on domestic violence, I see Wayne calling football as problematic and offensive to many, others obviously don’t.
No going to defend Carey, however his book The Truth Hurts, goes into everything in detail and he takes ownership and responsibility for all of what he did. He was not asking for absolution, just that he wanted it out there that he is the one that brought it on himself.
He got his life back together, seemed to be much happier and mentally together.
We have heard nothing bad about him in 15 years, has reformed and trying to do the right thing in his life.
As for a commentator, well personally I think he is average.

Out of all the US sports available, the one I wish I liked was Baseball. The idea of it seems great, I love the statistics involved, but watching it is incredibly boring.
I didn't realise how little they actually make it to the first base.

Moneyball is a great movie, I watched it again last night. Maybe Baseball is a bit like Test cricket where it's something you put on the radio while doing other things.

Looks like they've dropped the forcible touching charge and are running with the assault charges

He said, she said sounds like as no info why it was dropped tends to be "dunno if he touched her or she touched him when booze is involved", there's actual evidence when someone generally gets their face beaten in and 2 blokes get charged v 1 being bloodied in altercation.

Out of all the US sports available, the one I wish I liked was Baseball. The idea of it seems great, I love the statistics involved, but watching it is incredibly boring.

Moneyball is a great movie, I watched it again last night. Maybe Baseball is a bit like Test cricket where it's something you put on the radio while doing other things.

Baseball to me seems like a sporting event from feudal warfare.

man with bat = man with sword
man with ball = gunpowder invention

Got a lot of swords failing and buckshot striking true, not so much man with sword taking heads being all "bitch please, bayonet charge my arse". Is why cricket launched and baseball didn't, since you do always want to walk at the bloke and you generally stand in front of musket, not to the side, since you're then in front you need padding so the owwies are lessened.

You then have well, better balls for mine as you are engaging both air and ground as opposed to just air.

If anything, NFL should have supplanted one of the rugbys, likely league. But it takes a special sort over here to be all "I like the umpires being heavily involved in all things" so instead of say, running chess, you have people running into walls ad nauseum before "through the window, through the wall!" moments.

Have been to Dodger Stadium LA and Wrigley Field in Chicago. Baseball must be one of the most boring sports to watch afaic.
I'll take test cricket any day. In fact I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back