Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more to add to the collection today. Didn't get Jeff Dahmer'd walking down Sydney Rd, either. Bonus!

Never give up

vmKIhpT.jpg

Just been to the Melbourne, anybody want to have a crack at explaining why fuel is 30 to 40c a litre more expensive than it is in my home town which is 300 km from Melbourne?

Just been to the Melbourne, anybody want to have a crack at explaining why fuel is 30 to 40c a litre more expensive than it is in my home town which is 300 km from Melbourne?

Im in SA but pass a 24 hr BP every morn
Its been jumping from 1.48/50 ish to 1.70/1.85 every week for months now

Seems two days cheap then 5 days of bag ripping.

Rort

Ive just been topping up each time it drops no matter whats left in my tank

Your home town forgot to add the war in Ukraine price hike.
Nah - we've consistently been the lowest priced fuel in the state for the last few years.

Makes me wonder how all the fuel stations have managed to survive, let alone have new ones open up this year.

A lot of poor suckers are getting ripped off!!

Nah - we've consistently been the lowest priced fuel in the state for the last few years.

Makes me wonder how all the fuel stations have managed to survive, let alone have new ones open up this year.

A lot of poor suckers are getting ripped off!!

Fuel stations basically buy it for $X and sell it for X+. When the truck comes and its 10c more expensive, they add the 10c.
They make more money from $5.00 cans of coke that they buy for less than 50c.

No one complaining when Coke is pushing $5 /litre. Lucky those cars that ran on water weren't real.

How f*cked out of his dusty brain is this champ?! 😂

And now no COVID isolation. The virus is deadly and could kill, though? Remember? Lmao. At least it got all the boomers vaccinated which means they'll die quicker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NRL GF will be a great game

Had a mate tell me Barnsey was Australia's meatloaf, but I thought he was alright. Seems to be a tight game so far.
Panthers are a machine

NRL GF will be a great game

Bad call Hutchy.

It was as bad and as one sided as the AFL GF unfortunately, Penrith like Geelong were way too good and the Eels like the Swans were out of their depth.

Had a mate tell me Barnsey was Australia's meatloaf, but I thought he was alright. Seems to be a tight game so far.

Barnesy was good, some people said he had lost his voice like Meatloaf but he always sounds like he is losing his voice, he delivered like he always does.

So i saw a link to a HUN piece...
StKilda compared to Skid Row.

At first i thought it was something derogatory about the Saints and no-one wanting to go there from other teams.
But , nope, it was about how StKilda with some homeless and drug users, is now being compared to skid row in L.A.
I don't have paywall, but something along the lines of "how can this have happened here ".

Now I don't get out to StKilda much anymore , but i can sure remember sitting in a restaurant ( is Monroe's still there? ) watching a drug deal outside, and i don't think those ladies in Grey Street were heading for a nightclub.

At first i thought it was something derogatory about the Saints and no-one wanting to go there from other teams.
But , nope, it was about how StKilda with some homeless and drug users, is now being compared to skid row in L.A.
I don't have paywall, but something along the lines of "how can this have happened here ".

Now I don't get out to StKilda much anymore , but i can sure remember sitting in a restaurant ( is Monroe's still there? ) watching a drug deal outside, and i don't think those ladies in Grey Street were heading for a nightclub.

It was always pretty dodgy down there when I was going out in St Kilda 25 years ago.

It's more dead than anything. The Sacred Heart mission does free lunch for the poor but the street walkers are hardly a thing now because it's safer to advertise on line. Empty shops make it look depressing and there are some homeless people but it's no Skid Row. Most of the cheap hostels and rooming houses are gone so most are just passing through.

Anyone looking forward to the Eubank-Benn fight on Sunday morning? Yawkey way

Haven't been this excited for a fight in a while, the atmosphere is going to be incredible. I watched Eubank Sr v Benn in their first fight the other day, just pure hatred lol.

Conor has been knocking over tin cans but I still reckon he can become a world champion. I love his temperament more than any other fighter too. Guys completely no-bullshit.

It's more dead than anything. The Sacred Heart mission does free lunch for the poor but the street walkers are hardly a thing now because it's safer to advertise on line. Empty shops make it look depressing and there are some homeless people but it's no Skid Row. Most of the cheap hostels and rooming houses are gone so most are just passing through.

I remember when the shut down the "La Porchetta's" in Fitzroy street.
I think it was something to do with all the casual waitpersons who spoke with European accents, and looked suspiciously like they might be backpackers without work Visa's.

I remember when the shut down the "La Porchetta's" in Fitzroy street.
I think it was something to do with all the casual waitpersons who spoke with European accents, and looked suspiciously like they might be backpackers without work Visa's.

Wasn't it because La Porchetta was run by a connected guy who eventually died on his motor bike in St Kilda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back