Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Munster 4 more years at the Storm
F$$K yeah

Anyone looking forward to the Eubank-Benn fight on Sunday morning? Yawkey way

Haven't been this excited for a fight in a while, the atmosphere is going to be incredible. I watched Eubank Sr v Benn in their first fight the other day, just pure hatred lol.

Conor has been knocking over tin cans but I still reckon he can become a world champion. I love his temperament more than any other fighter too. Guys completely no-bullshit.
I was thinking about this and how much history there is behind it then the Benn drug test happened and it’s all a steaming pile. Pity because I was starting to look forward to it, haha I’m still on a high after Nate went out in style.

I remember when the shut down the "La Porchetta's" in Fitzroy street.
I think it was something to do with all the casual waitpersons who spoke with European accents, and looked suspiciously like they might be backpackers without work Visa's.
Topolino’s if you want pizza in Fitzroy street.

I remember when the shut down the "La Porchetta's" in Fitzroy street.
I think it was something to do with all the casual waitpersons who spoke with European accents, and looked suspiciously like they might be backpackers without work Visa's.
The La Porchetta chain was an accidental success. Originally intended to be used as laundrymats for the Mafia in Melbourne.
Mostly owned by someone permanently banned from Crown, whose brother is doing a long stretch for importing 4 tons of
XTC in tomato tins a few years back. He has some supermarket and market garden interests as well. Enjoys the Lobster Cave
and dinners with Matthew Guy on occasion. A real wise guy.

Wasn't it because La Porchetta was run by a connected guy who eventually died on his motor bike in St Kilda?
Nothing to worry about in Fitzroy street except a few junkies. It’s more that there’s now little reason to bother going anywhere near it. Ackland street isn‘t as safe as it once was and again is pretty boring so why bother unless you like ghanda clothing or lunch at some decent but whatever places like abbey road why would you go there. This council is crap, they don’t deliver on anything really and seem to invent ways of spending money.

I still haven't gotten over the little Indian takeaway in Shakespeare Street, just around the corner of Acland Street
closing in the early 1990's. Best Lamb Kati Rolls Ever.
I used to go there all the time with that little entrance off Shakespeare grove, what was the name of that place it’s been gone for ages.

I used to go there all the time with that little entrance off Shakespeare grove, what was the name of that place it’s been gone for ages.
I’m having a lousy run my local Indian tandoori point closed then my go to Chinese for celebrations etc humble house in church street closed.

I’m having a lousy run my local Indian tandoori point closed then my go to Chinese for celebrations etc humble house in church street closed.

That's what's good about being out in the burbs , Dandenong has some really nice , and budget friendly Indian places.

The other day i was taking my son for a driving lesson, we were driving along, when suddenly a guy with no shirt on came flying out his drive, tripped over the top of the wheely bin and ended up sprawled on the road covered in garbage. We waited , because the lane was blocked , until two other guys dragged him up off the ground and lead him off somewhere.

As he carefully steered around the wheely bin, my son who didn't have a clue where he was after the convoluted drive we'd been on just deadpan asked " Are we in Dandenong "? "Yes ..Yes we are, if you want to go to Hungry Jacks , never go to that one ".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what's good about being out in the burbs , Dandenong has some really nice , and budget friendly Indian places.

The other day i was taking my son for a driving lesson, we were driving along, when suddenly a guy with no shirt on came flying out his drive, tripped over the top of the wheely bin and ended up sprawled on the road covered in garbage. We waited , because the lane was blocked , until two other guys dragged him up off the ground and lead him off somewhere.

As he carefully steered around the wheely bin, my son who didn't have a clue where he was after the convoluted drive we'd been on just deadpan asked " Are we in Dandenong "? "Yes ..Yes we are, if you want to go to Hungry Jacks , never go to that one ".
Haha it’s wild everywhere except a few places that are dead zones after dark, it’s the drugs.

I was thinking about this and how much history there is behind it then the Benn drug test happened and it’s all a steaming pile. Pity because I was starting to look forward to it, haha I’m still on a high after Nate went out in style.
I was a fan of Benn but not anymore. Boxing has a lot of issues haha

Dandenong has been like this for 40 + years

Dandenong has been like this for 40 + years

I stop in there sometimes on the way to Gippsland, it feels like a sleepy country town to me. It seems full of recent immigrants that keep to themselves. I mustn't know the good places to go. Franggers has improved heaps but go down near the mall there and it's like you are in south central. Someone told me that Doveton is still pretty divey.

I stop in there sometimes on the way to Gippsland, it feels like a sleepy country town to me. It seems full of recent immigrants that keep to themselves. I mustn't know the good places to go. Franggers has improved heaps but go down near the mall there and it's like you are in south central. Someone told me that Doveton is still pretty divey.
Doveton is ok now all thier Kids moved to Cranbourne
Dandenong back in the day was mad, the Southern Aurora Hotel (Fosters ) next to the Dandy train station

Doveton is ok now all thier Kids moved to Cranbourne
Dandenong back in the day was mad, the Southern Aurora Hotel (Fosters ) next to the Dandy train station

Yeah the person that told me how s**t Doveton is still lives in Caulfield, they probably haven't been there for 10 years. I love a rough pub....which is possibly why I've been king hit more than once.

Yeah the person that told me how s**t Doveton is still lives in Caulfield, they probably haven't been there for 10 years. I love a rough pub....which is possibly why I've been king hit more than once.
There wasn't much rougher then the Southern Aurora, saw 2 killed out the front there
I grew up in and around Doveton, The Prince Mark hotel in Doveton was only for the brave on a Friday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back