Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

The Saints board has a long history of being more open to having oppo posters posting on here provided they do so respectfully.
You reacted negatively so it was removed.

I'll leave them from now on unless they are reported.

You reacted negatively so it was removed.

I'll leave them from now on unless they are reported.
From the days of Fred (the moderator RIP Fred) the board was deliberately more open to a culture of banter and allowing oppo supporters to respectfully contribute to the discussion.

I wasn't angry with the Carlton poster and I doubt they were with me.

Maybe the Saints board is different in that way to other team boards.

Last edited:

From what I understand, he doxxed the owner of this site. Whatever Dard is, he's no dummy. At best it was a kamikaze act in solidarity for his bbf, at worst, an effort to create drama and division in the hope of demonstrating instability without his favourite moderator.

But either way, if he did indeed dox one of the administration, as much as I like him I can't say he didn't deserve to be banned for that and I wouldn't be passing it off as heavy-handed culling, doxxing is a serious intimidation tactic that should be illegal if it isn't already.
Is Dard ...George:think:

From what I understand, he doxxed the owner of this site. Whatever Dard is, he's no dummy. At best it was a kamikaze act in solidarity for his bbf, at worst, an effort to create drama and division in the hope of demonstrating instability without his favourite moderator.

But either way, if he did indeed dox one of the administration, as much as I like him I can't say he didn't deserve to be banned for that and I wouldn't be passing it off as heavy-handed culling, doxxing is a serious intimidation tactic that should be illegal if it isn't already.
Might be the most crap post I have read for many a year

It should get you a like off the chief

From what I understand, he doxxed the owner of this site.
No he just said to me in a group convo (which I started by moving a ton of posts about modding into the one convo) that he was looking through my social media.

I don't want to make modding and bans a topic of public discussion but even though he probably meant it as a jab to get a reaction, I have to take that seriously given the real issues we have had with it in the past.

That's all I will say about it. Any more questions please just open a convo with me.

Might be the most crap post I have read for many a year

It should get you a like off the chief
Just for starters how was he doxxed? Must have been a deep dive like who owns bigfooty, that information and much more is available to anyone who cares to look and has been discussed on many forums for years.

I've been on and off this board for the best part of 2 decades.

In that time I've seen mods come and go, good ones and not so good. Ones that are present a fair amount of time to others who are like ghosts that may linger but no longer post or moderate.

Can honestly say George was by far, and I mean a long long way, the most active and present mod I've ever seen on this board. The joint ran smoothly, the banter was up, laughs a plenty made it an enjoyable place to be.

So a few gutless wallflowers on here complained to admin and managed to have old George unceremoniously dumped.

So..... to those fine upstanding posters, who of you who conspired to oust George has put your hand up to be the new mod/s?
It will probably take all 3 of you to do what George did for this joint.

Thanks for your service George , I for one would rather have you back and get some support around you so you don't have to be the lone *ing ranger doing everything while those with mod title do little more than lurk occasionally in the background but don't actually mod anything.

Just for starters how was he doxxed? Must have been a deep dive like who owns bigfooty, that information and much more is available to anyone who cares to look and has been discussed on many forums for years.
I like it when they find a voice when the other poster can’t reply

No he just said to me in a group convo (which I started by moving a ton of posts about modding into the one convo) that he was looking through my social media.

I don't want to make modding and bans a topic of public discussion but even though he probably meant it as a jab to get a reaction, I have to take that seriously given the real issues we have had with it in the past.

That's all I will say about it. Any more questions please just open a convo with me.
If you don't want people looking at your LinkedIn profile, don't have one. The whole point of having one is to be visible to others.

What an insane thing to take offense at. You really are a thin skinned sook.

15053598789_2cb8e87f9b_b.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Going Well Big Brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Unrelated to Dard,

Respectfully, I don’t know you, but you’ve been doing this for 20+ years?

Crikey, not living up to your resume mate, never seen an online culture murdered so hard, so quickly.

I’m all for creating a safe inclusive culture, even if people will call me woke, snowflake or any other boomerisms, I report things when I see them and we had a good thing going.

Mods aren’t perfect, in fact they’re human, but they keep the peace WHILST maintaining a culture that is enjoyable for why people come here. You’ve neither kept the peace or supported the culture - you have put it on life support, and for someone who should be an expert on that, your actions have been frankly embarrassing, fragile and overly authoritarian.

There’s a way to do what you’re trying to accomplish (which is for the right reasons) without destroying the whole bloody eco-system.

This place has been a refuge for me during some of the hardest years of my short lived life, and it’s sad to see it be treated this way by someone who ought to be protecting it. And I know you think you are, but this forum ain’t about you, it’s about the people and passionate saints fans who use it, and try to do so respectfully. You’re driving them away, and without those people places like this die quick.

I’m extremely disappointed. You can still respectfully mend the damage that has been done, it is not too late, but it will be soon, unfortunately.

Last edited:
If you don't want people looking at your LinkedIn profile, don't have one. The whole point of having one is to be visible to others.

What an insane thing to take offense at. You really are a thin skinned sook.
Let's go over the rules:

• Don't be a cyberstalker: Respect other people. Lifting social media content and posting it in threads, following people around from board to board to hassle them, contacting, mentioning, and @'ing them when they have made it clear they do not wish to engage with you, it's all just weird. Don't do that.
So if a poster tries to use "I'm looking at your social media" as a jab or threat against a mod or against another user, that is not acceptable. Over the years we've had too many creeps doing it for real to take the chance here, weird sense of humour or not.

I don't think he was actually rifling through social media, but it's not an acceptable way to act towards other people.

What if he says this to other, more vulnerable people to try and push them around? What if other people see what he's doing and copy it, pointing back to his posts asking why the rules aren't applied consistently?

None of this is unreasonable. It protects mods and it protects other users.

The other rule:
  • Publicly complaining about, ranting over and criticising moderators and their actions is not accepted. Take it up with the moderator privately, then with Admins if you still have a problem. Contact Admins here or via email directly.
So if you have a real issue, take it up privately and it can be sorted out.

If you just want to have a dig and try to get one over on a mod in a public thread, expect the post to be deleted.

None of this is onerous or overbearing.

I've been on and off this board for the best part of 2 decades.

In that time I've seen mods come and go, good ones and not so good. Ones that are present a fair amount of time to others who are like ghosts that may linger but no longer post or moderate.

Can honestly say George was by far, and I mean a long long way, the most active and present mod I've ever seen on this board. The joint ran smoothly, the banter was up, laughs a plenty made it an enjoyable place to be.

So a few gutless wallflowers on here complained to admin and managed to have old George unceremoniously dumped.

So..... to those fine upstanding posters, who of you who conspired to oust George has put your hand up to be the new mod/s?
It will probably take all 3 of you to do what George did for this joint.

Thanks for your service George , I for one would rather have you back and get some support around you so you don't have to be the lone *ing ranger doing everything while those with mod title do little more than lurk occasionally in the background but don't actually mod anything.
Like all I've been wondering what the machinations behind it were too. And admittedly I'm fairly ambivalent to the change since george is still free to post and help out if he chooses.
Whatever got the attention of the site mods be it other saints posters(which l doubt), oppo posters (very possible), perhaps the uber mods keep watch over everyone, or there was a statistically anomalous number of bans handed out, it doesn't matter. If we use this site we are obliged to abide by its rules.
Mods will have their own set of rules and clearly the uber mods didn't believe they were being adhered to, so unfortunately george is now back amongst the muck with us, the general swill of the forum.
I recall the short time before l signed up here and spent a few weeks on SS which was just an utter cesspit of a place. If our board needs to be a bit more hum-drum for some in order to prevent it sliding that way then so be it. george is a big boy and he'll shake it off. Dard will smash his crack pipe all weekend and get back in form. And the world will keep turning.

This has obviously taken a wild turn. I’ve punched on with George more than I can count. (You would all be aware.) But I’ve always gone into bat for him as a mod and I’ve always gone into bat for all of you.

George, your legacy is the insane growth of this board in the last 2 years. Don’t walk away.
Yes, it would hurt. Yes it would feel like you have been given the ass for a newer lover and all the good you have done is completely forgotten about. But i think we would all like you to stay on with additional powers - if it means you don’t get to * with oppo supporters. So be it, the new ass kisser can do this. You keep the banter train going with us and punching new threads.

As I told you in PM. Whatever it takes, I’ll support you through this - I value you around this place and as someone who spent time in SS in my teens. I’m not sure I want to go back if this place goes to s**t.

Chief as I also told you. You ****ed up. You can fix this. Keep the man on and give him some support. Christ I’ll ******* offer my support if it means keeping George around.

Everyone else, let’s take a deep breath. Let’s not do anything stupid. I love this little community. I don’t want to see anyone get a perma banned. I don’t want anyone walking away.

That’s it. I’ve said my piece. I truly cbf with this s**t show from here.

Simon Pegg Zombies GIF by PeacockTV

Hopefully this is all storm in a teacup type stuff, but the communication as to why and what will change form the other locked thread was pretty ordinary.

Anyway, in other news, 4:20 is a s**t time slot for the only game on a public holiday. Either put 2 games on today and have one earlier and one night game or make this one earlier. Bet Chief caused this time slot as well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back