Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it fascinating all this talk about Bill Clinton, he is not running for President. There is so much more that Hilary can be attacked about.

Bill isn't the first to have been found promiscuous, JFK? Jackie wanted a divorce and Joe offered her a million to stay married to him. Even our our Bob Hawke played around and Hazel stuck with him for some time and she was highly regarded by all.

What is it all about? Dirty personality politics seems to be the go now.
Is it that by attacking Bill, Trump is trying to cover up his own issues with females?

All very strange.

I find it fascinating all this talk about Bill Clinton, he is not running for President. There is so much more that Hilary can be attacked about.

Bill isn't the first to have been found promiscuous, JFK? Jackie wanted a divorce and Joe offered her a million to stay married to him. Even our our Bob Hawke played around and Hazel stuck with him for some time and she was highly regarded by all.

What is it all about? Dirty personality politics seems to be the go now.
Is it that by attacking Bill, Trump is trying to cover up his own issues with females?

All very strange.

Oh man. Isn't it weird?

Trump seems to enjoy "attacking" his opponent for what are really his own weaknesses. But he's such a poor excuse for a human that it's like some grotesque comedy.

The hypocrisy is just unbelievable. Trump is a revolting sleaze, a serial philanderer and has multiple women accusing him of assault. So he goes after his opponent's husband and his infidelities.

People said he showed several signs of being a cokehead during debates so now he says Hillary is taking "performance enhancing drugs".

He's thoroughly crooked so he calls her Crooked Hillary.

He's a liar, so Ted Cruz becomes Lyin' Ted.

He's saying the whole thing is rigged now, because he knows he is going to lose so he's giving himself excuses. It won't be his fault.

People will be analysing this whole thing for decades.

Oh man. Isn't it weird?

Trump seems to enjoy "attacking" his opponent for what are really his own weaknesses. But he's such a poor excuse for a human that it's like some grotesque comedy.

The hypocrisy is just unbelievable. Trump is a revolting sleaze, a serial philanderer and has multiple women accusing him of assault. So he goes after his opponent's husband and his infidelities.

People said he showed several signs of being a cokehead during debates so now he says Hillary is taking "performance enhancing drugs".

He's thoroughly crooked so he calls her Crooked Hillary.

He's a liar, so Ted Cruz becomes Lyin' Ted.

He's saying the whole thing is rigged now, because he knows he is going to lose so he's giving himself excuses. It won't be his fault.

People will be analysing this whole thing for decades.
You have summed it up perfectly, seriously.

Listening to him talk about rigging reminded me of a few episodes from the TV show, The Good Wife. It is almost like he borrowed the script.

Hey any EPL watchers? Big Liverpool fan here and we have a chance to go equal top and kick Man Utd in the teeth this weekend.

It's a good season. If City drop points here and there, there are several teams who could win it. Exciting brands of football being played too. I'm biased, but Liverpool under Klopp are brilliant viewing.

You have summed it up perfectly, seriously.

Listening to him talk about rigging reminded me of a few episodes from the TV show, The Good Wife. It is almost like he borrowed the script.

Ha. That's true, it is like fiction. It's hard to believe he's a real person.

Hey any EPL watchers? Big Liverpool fan here and we have a chance to go equal top and kick Man Utd in the teeth this weekend.

It's a good season. If City drop points here and there, there are several teams who could win it. Exciting brands of football being played too. I'm biased, but Liverpool under Klopp are brilliant viewing.
City drew. A win over the Manure will give me absolute delight. YNWA

Bloody electricity companies.

We'll give you 28% off, we'll give you 40% off, we'll give you.....

Percentage of what?

How about you give us your price per kWH, you fuggers, percentage is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just moved from one company to another. The old company said but we'll beat that. I said why does it take my leaving to get a discount?

Once again they talked in percentages.:rolleyes:

Wayne Kerrs the lot of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody electricity companies.

We'll give you 28% off, we'll give you 40% off, we'll give you.....

Percentage of what?

How about you give us your price per kWH, you fuggers, percentage is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just moved from one company to another. The old company said but we'll beat that. I said why does it take my leaving to get a discount?

Once again they talked in percentages.:rolleyes:

Wayne Kerrs the lot of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your bill should show the price on there, the percentage will be on the total bill usually, not on the price. Although it could very from state to state. But l think it would be the same though

Just bought 7kg of chicken breast from Tasman meats at $5.99kg a couple of days ago.

Bargain.:)

Put two thirds in the freezer. Have made Cantonese style chicken stir fry & Rogan Josh chicken (yeah I know-should be lamb or beef) & tomorrow making Mongolian chicken (see previous brackets), that will top me & Mrs OA out on the chicken front for a while.:D

Anyone got any recipes for the rest of the chicken down the track?

I'm looking at you CFC2010 after your magnificent lamb cutlet recipe, which I used on 4Q chops. My cutlets were too good for that.:p

Your bill should show the price on there, the percentage will be on the total bill usually, not on the price. Although it could very from state to state. But l think it would be the same though
It does of course but when changing companies they only give you a percentage discount, not what they charge per kWH.

That's my point.

It does of course but when changing companies they only give you a percentage discount, not what they charge per kWH.

That's my point.
True, but does the price change though, and if it does not hence the%. Where we are the price is the same per kWh no matter who you are with, just the% will change

Just bought 7kg of chicken breast from Tasman meats at $5.99kg a couple of days ago.

Put two thirds in the freezer. Have made Cantonese style chicken stir fry & Rogan Josh chicken (yeah I know-should be lamb or beef) & tomorrow making Mongolian chicken (see previous brackets), that will top me & Mrs OA out on the chicken front for a while.:D

I'm looking at you CFC2010 after your magnificent lamb cutlet recipe, which I used on 4Q chops. My cutlets were too good for that.:p
Here is a bit of useless information for you. Information that does nothing to answer the questions you asked.
In Turkey the breast is the cheapest part of the chicken to buy. It's all about flavor for the Turks and because the breast is bland and dry (due to not having much fat) nobody wants it.
Yeah you can do stuff to it to make it better but it never tastes as good as the same chicken meal using the thigh for example.
Was shocked the first time I saw the price of the breast compared to other parts of the chicken when I first arrived here. They almost give it away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Husband makes the most fantastic chicken biryani, but takes him about half a day. I also love Hainan chicken rice, but again hours of work. Chicken and rice dishes - must be hundreds of them around, a great match up.

Here is a bit of useless information for you. Information that does nothing to answer the questions you asked.
In Turkey the breast is the cheapest part of the chicken to buy. It's all about flavor for the Turks and because the breast is bland and dry (due to not having much fat) nobody wants it.
Yeah you can do stuff to it to make it better but it never tastes as good as the same chicken meal using the thigh for example.
Was shocked the first time I saw the price of the breast compared to other parts of the chicken when I first arrived here. They almost give it away.
No argument from me, thigh is where the taste is, the fat.

Unfortunately Mrs OA is a breast person.:oops:

Prefer chicken with bones in and even skin on, such as thighs with bones, or chicken Maryland. Tastier and more tender. But for some reason hard to get. Makes the best curries with bones in.
As Otto says, over here breast is king, price wise & $5.99 kg is great.

If I had my druthers, I'd be going Maryland just like yourself.

Flavour country...mmmmm.

Husband makes the most fantastic chicken biryani, but takes him about half a day. I also love Hainan chicken rice, but again hours of work. Chicken and rice dishes - must be hundreds of them around, a great match up.
Seen many cooking shows do this & it always tickles my fancy.

Recipe?

Seen many cooking shows do this & it always tickles my fancy.

Recipe?

I make a very simple chicken mince and rice dish. Good mid week option if you are interested.

I make a very simple chicken mince and rice dish. Good mid week option if you are interested.
I have a mincer, so yeah send it through, thanks.

I actually have very few recipes. I more your sort of person that look in the fridge, looks at "use by dates" & says, "well what the hell can I make with this!":p

Got a brand new slow cooker and made chicken tika in it. It was absolutely delicious. Bit of garlic naan to top it off. That would be my suggestion. :)

I have a mincer, so yeah send it through, thanks.

I actually have very few recipes. I more your sort of person that look in the fridge, looks at "use by dates" & says, "well what the hell can I make with this!":p

1. Fry an onion
2. Add chicken mince to brown.
3. Finely chop 5cm off the stork of a bunch of coriander
4. Add coriander stork, quarter cup of sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, decent dash of fish sauce, lemon juice and teaspoon of brown sugar.
5. Serve with rice, steamed bok choy and coriander leaves.

1. Fry an onion
2. Add chicken mince to brown.
3. Finely chop 5cm off the stork of a bunch of coriander
4. Add coriander stork, quarter cup of sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, decent dash of fish sauce, lemon juice and teaspoon of brown sugar.
5. Serve with rice, steamed bok choy and coriander leaves.
I'm sure it's nice but I'm not a fan of cilantro (it's coriander to the rest of the world you bloody yanks!), nor am I a fan of bok choy, hate that squeaky feeling on your teeth.

Sounds like a san choy bau that I do rarely but I use parsley & a tiny bit of Vietnamese mint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back