Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure it's nice but I'm not a fan of cilantro (it's coriander to the rest of the world you bloody yanks!), nor am I a fan of bok choy, hate that squeaky feeling on your teeth.

Sounds like a san choy bau that I do rarely but I use parsley & a tiny bit of Vietnamese mint.

My wife makes me put Bok Choy in it. I usually give that to the rabbit.

I'm sure it's nice but I'm not a fan of cilantro (it's coriander to the rest of the world you bloody yanks!), nor am I a fan of bok choy, hate that squeaky feeling on your teeth.

Sounds like a san choy bau that I do rarely but I use parsley & a tiny bit of Vietnamese mint.
So spiders don't like corriander.
WTF İS THE MATTER WİTH YOU. CORRİANDER ROCKS.

Bloody electricity companies.

We'll give you 28% off, we'll give you 40% off, we'll give you.....

Percentage of what?

How about you give us your price per kWH, you fuggers, percentage is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just moved from one company to another. The old company said but we'll beat that. I said why does it take my leaving to get a discount?

Once again they talked in percentages.:rolleyes:

Wayne Kerrs the lot of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can request your daily usage (broken up between periods) from the retailer. There's a govt website where you can enter this data in with your postcode and it spits out the cheapest electricity retailer servicing your area based upon when you tend to use your power.

Just bought 7kg of chicken breast from Tasman meats at $5.99kg a couple of days ago.

Bargain.:)

Put two thirds in the freezer. Have made Cantonese style chicken stir fry & Rogan Josh chicken (yeah I know-should be lamb or beef) & tomorrow making Mongolian chicken (see previous brackets), that will top me & Mrs OA out on the chicken front for a while.:D

Anyone got any recipes for the rest of the chicken down the track?

I'm looking at you CFC2010 after your magnificent lamb cutlet recipe, which I used on 4Q chops. My cutlets were too good for that.:p

Skin on?

The best and easiest dessert:

Truffles

2 packets of Marie biscuits
2 condensed milk
2 1/2 teaspoons of cocoa
1 1/2 cups of coconut.

Crush biscuits.. mix in other ingredients.. kneed in a bowl.

Roll into balls.. roll coconut on the buggers.

Stick in the fridge.

This dessert is highly addictive. Once you eat one.. you just can't stop.

Just bought 7kg of chicken breast from Tasman meats at $5.99kg a couple of days ago.

I'm looking at you CFC2010 after your magnificent lamb cutlet recipe, which I used on 4Q chops. My cutlets were too good for that.:p

After Uni I ended up working three jobs to save enough to travel through Europe for a few months........one job was a kitchen hand in a Greek Restaurant.

One of the Chefs who was off the boat taught me how to make chicken on the stick.

Simple seasoning O A plenty of pepper, bit of salt, oregano and he also put mustard in it. The mustard gives it a nice taste. Still use that recipe when I make chicken gyros. Also used it when making finger food at my Restaurant back in the day.

Very quick and easy to prepare and eat........should keep that breast woman happy! :)

You can request your daily usage (broken up between periods) from the retailer. There's a govt website where you can enter this data in with your postcode and it spits out the cheapest electricity retailer servicing your area based upon when you tend to use your power.
Thanks, I actually used that or it might've been iSelect. So I worked out which company was best for me, of course that wasn't the one that was advertising the biggest percentage discount.

Which is my real gripe.

Thanks, I actually used that or it might've been iSelect. So I worked out which company was best for me, of course that wasn't the one that was advertising the biggest percentage discount.

Which is my real gripe.
There's a site called 'powershop postie'
It's the best:)

$75 off your first bill and $75 for every referral

There's a site called 'powershop postie'
It's the best:)

$75 off your first bill and $75 for every referral
I was with Powershop for about 18 months.
Then they changed the way they billed.
And I found out the daily supply charge had doubled!
And the kWh was not as cheap as another.
So, bye bye Powershop.
You got to big!

Which is my real gripe.
Always use the Government site.
iSelect, like all comparison sites across all services, only compare companies that give them a commission for referrals.
That's why it's "free".
But they do not compare everyone. The Government website compares anyone who wishes to be compared without fees or kickbacks.

Here is a bit of useless information for you. Information that does nothing to answer the questions you asked.
In Turkey the breast is the cheapest part of the chicken to buy. It's all about flavor for the Turks and because the breast is bland and dry (due to not having much fat) nobody wants it.
Yeah you can do stuff to it to make it better but it never tastes as good as the same chicken meal using the thigh for example.
Was shocked the first time I saw the price of the breast compared to other parts of the chicken when I first arrived here. They almost give it away.

One of my favourite recipes is Chilli Chicken on rice. Easy and tasty. A shitload of garlic, a few chillies, a bit of ginger, vegies are mushroom, eggplant, maybe cabbage if I want to go healthy. The part of the chicken I use are the thighs, much tastier than the breasts. I'm a legs kind of a guy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite recipes is Chilli Chicken on rice. Easy and tasty. A shitload of garlic, a few chillies, a bit of ginger, vegies are mushroom, eggplant, maybe cabbage if I want to go healthy. The part of the chicken I use are the thighs, much tastier than the breasts. I'm a legs kind of a guy...
Thighs are the best.
And drumsticks.
Find yourself a nice coating recipe, I use one that I add chilli to for that hot n spicy feel, but soak the chicken in Buttermilk for at least 24 hours before coating.
Delish!

Thighs are the best.
And drumsticks.
Find yourself a nice coating recipe, I use one that I add chilli to for that hot n spicy feel, but soak the chicken in Buttermilk for at least 24 hours before coating.
Delish!

Chicken thighs are the best part of the chicken that is for sure. However, when cooking a stir fry nothing beats Pork Belly. Watching the China game got me thinking of Chinese food. :)

I usually love authentic food, one of the things we bastardised very well is sweet and sour pork. Usually I go authentic but having that recently made me a bit of an addict. Forgot about Dim Sims. That makes two things.

So spiders don't like corriander.
WTF İS THE MATTER WİTH YOU. CORRİANDER ROCKS.
Coriander is absolutely delicious!

Bok choy delicious.

Asian greens in general delicious, bit of soy sauce (not a lot) if need be and it comes alive.
I love them and throw in some Chinese mushrooms, voila delicious meal

Are Dim Sims really Chinese?
I always thought they were some sort of Australian bastardisation of something a whole lot better.
Yes Dim Sims are Aussie.
It worked early doors in Chinese restaurants in Australia so it's a staple now.

Chicken thighs are the best part of the chicken that is for sure. However, when cooking a stir fry nothing beats Pork Belly. Watching the China game got me thinking of Chinese food. :)

I usually love authentic food, one of the things we bastardised very well is sweet and sour pork. Usually I go authentic but having that recently made me a bit of an addict. Forgot about Dim Sims. That makes two things.
See I find pork belly to fatty, then again I find the idea of it fatty. Maybe I've just not had a good one.
In facts unless bits in a ceaser salad, or thin on a pizza, I find the pig meats a bit smelly esp when fried.
In a dim sim it's fine, but generally bacon tends to be an odd smell.

VINCENT
Want some bacon?
JULES
Naw, man, I don't eat pork.
VINCENT
Are you Jewish?
JULES
I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
VINCENT
Why not?
JULES
Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
VINCENT
Yeah, but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.
JULES
Hey, a sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. But I'll never know 'cause I
Wouldn't eat the filthy mother.....s. Pigs sleep and root in sh.. That's
A filthy animal. I ain't need nothin' that ain't got sense enough to
Disregard its own feces.
VINCENT
How about a dog? Dog eats its own feces.
JULES
I don't eat dog either.
VINCENT
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
JULES
I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty.
But a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
VINCENT
So by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to
Be a filthy animal? Is that true?
JULES
Well, we'd have to be talkin' 'bout one charmin' mother..... pig. I mean
He'd have to be ten times more charming that that Arnold from green acres you know what
I'm sayin'?

VINCENT
Want some bacon?
JULES
Naw, man, I don't eat pork.
VINCENT
Are you Jewish?
JULES
I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
VINCENT
Why not?
JULES
Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
VINCENT
Yeah, but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.
JULES
Hey, a sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. But I'll never know 'cause I
Wouldn't eat the filthy mother.....s. Pigs sleep and root in sh.. That's
A filthy animal. I ain't need nothin' that ain't got sense enough to
Disregard its own feces.
VINCENT
How about a dog? Dog eats its own feces.
JULES
I don't eat dog either.
VINCENT
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
JULES
I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty.
But a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
VINCENT
So by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to
Be a filthy animal? Is that true?
JULES
Well, we'd have to be talkin' 'bout one charmin' mother..... pig. I mean
He'd have to be ten times more charming that that Arnold from green acres you know what
I'm sayin'?
Such a wonderful exchange. The other thing to learn from Vincent? When you are hiding in wait to kill someone, take your gun to the bathroom, not the newspaper.

Such a wonderful exchange. The other thing to learn from Vincent? When you are hiding in wait to kill someone, take your gun to the bathroom, not the newspaper.
Correct!
And each time there is a bathroom and Vincent moment, bad things happen.

Goes to toilet with Mia, she over doses,
Goes to toilet during breakfast, robbery happens in diner.
Goes to toilet in butch's house, he gets killed.

In godfather when you see an orange or oranges, peril is upon us

Coriander is absolutely delicious!

Bok choy delicious.

Asian greens in general delicious, bit of soy sauce (not a lot) if need be and it comes alive.
I love them and throw in some Chinese mushrooms, voila delicious meal

I use oyster sauce on Asian greens, but you need to read the labels to find a brand without MSG and other sites in it.

Re 'dim sim' I always thought these were a bastardisation of the classic Chinese 'dim sum', I.e. a form of dumpling (pork, cabbage and spices encased in a skin made from flour and water, and steamed or fried). So, dim sims are of Asian origin but we Melburnians (?) made them our own.

I prefer Oyster, Hokkian, Blackbean sauce but usually combine it with Soy. Not so big on Asian veges. I like my stir fry's to be my own recipes with flavours I like, chillies, red capsicum, eggplant, garlic etc.

Re Dim Sum, well they originated from Dumplings which is spoken as Zhouzi in Mandarin. A very important word to know when you are in China because Zhouzi is so good. Dumplings originated in the northern part of China, Harbin. Dim Sum is the bastardized South Chinese version, and then we perfected it here in Melbourne with Dim Sims. Just had six of them for breakfast this morning. In my school days I'd eat ten of them in one go.

If you want to make an awesome stir fry recipe, try my chilli chicken, with chicken thighs, veges eggplant, shitload of garlic a few chiliies to give it a kick, maybe some capsicum. Magnificent. Eggplant is very, very tasty in Asian food. No need to go for the green vegies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back