Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Many many people who gamble may have no love for the horse.
It's the gambling they love.
As a rule, the general regular race goer who likes actually watching them run tend to have more love for the horse.

More importantly the people in racing that work with the horses, in my experience love them, especially the strappers, and if I may say, particularly the girl strappers. It's not for the low pay.
They often get involved with a clear life goal with being there for them. I've seen it many many times.

Most trainers love their animals, treat them well.
Yes, there are rat bags and horrible people but my experience is most treat the horse with real affection.

I've worked with horses and I just love them as animals. Treat them like gold.
Loved taking them swimming, hosing them down ect.
One or two of them, I'm sure knew me because they'd come up for a snuggle.

I've known a horse or two that were very difficult to manage but once you knew their quirks you could work around it.

Was great experiences for me.

Also riding horses is something I've done, I'm ok at it, not great but ok. But always ride them with respect.
Though they should know you're the boss, ie you will direct them not let then wander and you just sit there.

That all sounds like a bestiality fetish Saintly. :thumbsdown::p

I did a persuasive piece at school for an English presentation on jumps racing years ago but I didn't really have an issue with horse racing I just had to do it and hope my teacher was an animal activist which I think she was
Always a good way to go in those things, tinge it to the bias of the examiner, if possible.

I had this uni course subject one time which they broke up into three elements, three different lecturers / teachers.
One was super strict super finicky and a tough marker in the written assignment.

They announced the exam would have questions from each of the three and each would mark their own area.
You had to do say any four questions out of 9 I think it was.

I avoided her questions like the plague, and yep did really well.

Sometimes better to avoid pitfalls.

How good is the Van Gogh collection currently being exhibited at the National Gallery!

I'm far from an arty type person but I sure can appreciate the quality of his style of painting.

I'm fascinated by the Mona Lisa. Michelangelo. I have watched that many docos on it.. amazing.

I'm fascinated by the Mona Lisa. Michelangelo. I have watched that many docos on it.. amazing.

Mona Lisa was indeed fascinating! I traveled to Paris in 2005 with my lovely wife, visited The Louvre as you do.

Saw Mona Lisa live and up close, or as close as the rope barriers and security guards allowed you to get. Was amazing for sure.

Best part was I managed to get a discreet photo of Mona Lisa whilst being flanked by my wife and a friend. They provided the cover and I quickly snapped a photo before anyone realised. Of course, security probably knew exactly what we were trying to achieve, but let you do your thing within reason.

You do realise the Mona Lisa was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci? :eek:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mona Lisa was indeed fascinating! I traveled to Paris in 2005 with my lovely wife, visited The Louvre as you do.

Saw Mona Lisa live and up close, or as close as the rope barriers and security guards allowed you to get. Was amazing for sure.

Best part was I managed to get a discreet photo of Mona Lisa whilst being flanked by my wife and a friend. They provided the cover and I quickly snapped a photo before anyone realised. Of course, security probably knew exactly what we were trying to achieve, but let you do your thing within reason.
The Louve is amazing as was the Mona Lisa though it's smaller than people may think.

Haven't you realised after 5000 that i do like to add a bit of banter and sarcasm in my posts.. i do know.
Yes I do.
And I was just mixing the pot a bit too
Good banter

IMG_1914.JPG

It certainly is small isn't it?
Why did you have to covertly photograph it?
We were there in 2015 and it was a snapfest.
Going back to the Louvre in July.
After a concert at Wembley Stadium in June! Talk about timing.....

Last edited:
View attachment 375075
Paris is a superb place to stay.
Had 3 weeks there once, staying with French friends - just so much going on from old to new!

Paris is a superb place to stay.
Had 3 weeks there once, staying with French friends - just so much going on from old to new!
Magnificent city.

I loved everything about it.

View attachment 375075
77 cm x 53 cm I believe

That's not so big, I always thought it was bigger until I saw it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back