Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the ****? Did they really remake Ben-Hur? A movie that won 11 Academy Awards?

Ramming speed!

Apparently it's not a "remake" of the classic so much as a re-adaptation of the original source book, with obnoxious Christian themes intact. It's going to be one of the floppiest flops of all time.

Remake syndrome is a plague does anyone remember Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates lel

Remake syndrome is a plague does anyone remember Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates lel

I feel the same way about needless sequels.

Bladerunner 2 is a case in point.

A unique film adaptation of an incredible book.
Thirty four years on and the film still holds up (narrated or not, depending on your preference).

The story does not need to be extended. It does not need to be 'reimagined'.

I feel the same way about needless sequels.

Bladerunner 2 is a case in point.

A unique film adaptation of an incredible book.
Thirty four years on and the film still holds up (narrated or not, depending on your preference).

The story does not need to be extended. It does not need to be 'reimagined'.

Heresy! That narration should be buried forever. And the happy ending, obviously.

One thing the world doesn't need is more Shark films

Yeah 'The Shallows' has just come out too. I think people have moved on from these creatures being turned into monsters. It's pretty silly the way they make them out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heresy! That narration should be buried forever. And the happy ending, obviously.

Don't worry, I'm a directors cut man myself, but even WITH those two things, it was an extraordinary film.

The over-obsessing about whether Deckard was a replicant or not is also a bit of a bug bear of mine. Who cares what Harrison Ford thinks, the fact that it is not explicitly stated either way is the point of the story. You don't actually know for certain and that is fine. The ambiguity is the crux of the story's moral.

Apparently it's not a "remake" of the classic so much as a re-adaptation of the original source book, with obnoxious Christian themes intact. It's going to be one of the floppiest flops of all time.

#filmingseeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back