Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 2: Electric Portaloo

Who is your most hated set of twins in the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty out of loop on this one, but I will point out that the name Changaneen is kind of racist.
In summary:
Hitler was right
Aboriginals are scum
Australia for white people.

Any more questions ask the pathetic campaigner mods who allowed him back.

Oh and Piston, I read it all in real time, you ain't fooling me or those who were here and saw it (Eddie Dingle and Dylan8 being two of them).

I don't think anyone can accuse those two of being particularly over sensitive.

I saw what was written. I can understand the people who have posted this morning. I really can. My personal position is that we should back in the awesome Port mods here to make the call. I can understand people might not agree. Could I perhaps urge anyone who has a strong opinion take it to a PM and see if you can at least see it from each others point of view.

I saw what was written. I can understand the people who have posted this morning. I really can. My personal position is that we should back in the awesome Port mods here to make the call. I can understand people might not agree. Could I perhaps urge anyone who has a strong opinion take it to a PM and see if you can at least see it from each others point of view.
PB has been like this for like 2 years now.. Don't really see any evidence there will be a change in his postings.

Wow. Would love to see the mods in question justifying this. Go on, tell us all your reasoning. Will be interesting to see if they have the guts to do so.

Wow. Would love to see the mods in question justifying this. Go on, tell us all your reasoning. Will be interesting to see if they have the guts to do so.
The only possible justification would be 'it wasn't racist ENOUGH'.

Well I guess we know what you can get away with on this forum then. Have at it people!
Did he get away with it? He was banned and has since apologised for his actions/words. At the end of the day this is just a footy forum and if people have issues with his postings they can report them to the mods or simply put him on ignore.

Did he get away with it? He was banned and has since apologised for his actions/words. At the end of the day this is just a footy forum and if people have issues with his postings they can report them to the mods or simply put him on ignore.
Actually his postings were borderline illegal hate speech, but carry on.

The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 forbids hate speech on several grounds. The Act makes it "unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if the act is reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or a group of people; and the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person, or of some or all of the people in the group."
In 2002, the Federal Court applied the Act in the case of Jones v. Toben. The case involved a complaint about a website which contained material that denied the Holocaust. The Federal Court ruled that the material was a violation of the Act.[2] (particularly apt here).

So breaking that law wont get you banned here, but I am pretty sure me posting this pic will.

Actually his postings were borderline illegal hate speech, but carry on.

The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 forbids hate speech on several grounds. The Act makes it "unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if the act is reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or a group of people; and the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person, or of some or all of the people in the group."
In 2002, the Federal Court applied the Act in the case of Jones v. Toben. The case involved a complaint about a website which contained material that denied the Holocaust. The Federal Court ruled that the material was a violation of the Act.[2] (particularly apt here).
Does he require further education or to be sent to Alcatraz?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he require further education or to be sent to Alcatraz?
Look I don't like to engage in this kind of discussion, as its kind of bullshit to talk about someone in front of them as though they aren't there.

But I'll say this. The guy has been permabanned on multiple accounts, he has lately been personally attacking posters for no reason, among other things, his latest rant clearly went way too far, and that just isn't acceptable on a public forum which should be welcoming for people of all backgrounds.

I'm not saying he should be sent to alcatraz, but it is abundantly clear he shouldn't be posting on bigfooty, as he simply cannot help himself.

well, this is the funniest thing I've read today...

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F10%2F25%2F2AB2F63F00000578-3168349-image-a-48_1437407722840.jpg

this kid is suing all the publications that made fun of his ridiculous haircut

this was seriously the defence:
  • The plaintiff is a joke.
  • The plaintiff is a ridiculous person
  • The plaintiff is hideously ugly.

the whole case can be read here

Unbanning Changaneen is a worse call than trying to call a plebiscite on gay marriage.

What, are you going to make this play out in an open forum again?

You'd get banned for Port games for good for a hell of a lot less than what Changaneen has posted.

Why'd you do it, you bastard!! :p

Yeah, that was f**king brutal, but I guess that stuff doesn't affect me as badly as it does some others.
Against my mate's suggestion, I was chowing down, and it really didn't bother me. I don't know what that says about me.:$
Well, maybe Glenn's eye got to me a bit.

I'm just sad/pissed about Glenn. :(

Should be an interesting season ahead.
Yeah I wasn't effected by the gore.

But those emotional feels.

I was pissed at the first one thought it was cheap, but the second, oh boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back