Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Let's not forget that this campaigner and his party got enough votes to get elected in the not too distant past.

And his red headed queen and a few of her cohorts got elected again this year.

Racism is ingrained in this country.
Not just here. Look at the rise in popularity of right wing/national front parties across Europe.

Mod note:
Part 1
Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget that this campaigner and his party got enough votes to get elected in the not too distant past.

And his red headed queen and a few of her cohorts got elected again this year.

Racism is ingrained in this country.

Yeah that's the problem hey?

I'm sitting here fuming over this mothercampaigner and the guy in the apartment next door is probably cheering him on.

Inviting Oldfield was pointless, classic Q&A style left baiting.

Much more might've been gained by inviting on a `moderate' Liberal to see how they deal with it.

Centre-right PROFITICIANS* backing the worst behaviour through their silence are the ones that need a reality check.

* Very proud of myself, thank you.

Inviting Oldfield was pointless, classic Q&A style left baiting.

Much more might've been gained by inviting on a `moderate' Liberal to see how they deal with it.

Centre-right PROFITICIANS* backing the worst behaviour through their silence are the ones that need a reality check.

* Very proud of myself, thank you.

True, but what it shows is racism rules his head. He has no heart. what I hope it does is show moderate rednecks that this campaigner is probably a holocaust denier too and that racism is the basis of all his theories and beliefs.

What an orrid campaigner.

Its still more useful for them to see `people like us' reacting. Oldfield they can disconnect from and continue to write off as an extreme fringe that doesn't reflect them (even if it does reflect their outcomes)

The people getting anything out of Oldfield's inclusion are people who actually enjoy being offended, and the actual right wing *******s seeing `people like us' sticking to his guns.

Its still more useful for them to see `people like us' reacting. Oldfield they can disconnect from and continue to write off as an extreme fringe that doesn't reflect them (even if it does reflect their outcomes)

The people getting anything out of Oldfield's inclusion are people who actually enjoy being offended, and the actual right wing *******s seeing `people like us' sticking to his guns.

All well and good but Oldfield is the hook, he's there for the controversy and all the attention that comes with it. Without him they would probably get half the ratings if they're lucky. I wouldn't have even known about the show without Dingle's teeth-grinding posts.

If a centre-right politician has a revelation about Indigenous affairs but no one sees it, is it useful?

All well and good but Oldfield is the hook, he's there for the controversy and all the attention that comes with it. Without him they would probably get half the ratings if they're lucky. I wouldn't have even known about the show without Dingle's teeth-grinding posts.

If a centre-right politician has a revelation about Indigenous affairs but no one sees it, is it useful?
Oldfield is a bigger drawcard for them than Natalie Imbruglia or Dicko? Not sure about that. Promos I saw were all about Our Nat

Like I said, its people who want to be outraged that come for Oldfield, but its for confirmation not for something new.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oldfield is a bigger drawcard for them than Natalie Imbruglia or Dicko? Not sure about that. Promos I saw were all about Our Nat

Like I said, its people who want to be outraged that come for Oldfield, but its for confirmation not for something new.

I didn't see any of the promos, so I can only speak from the pov of someone who has come across it second hand, which I'd say is quite a few people i.e. anyone who doesn't watch SBS/Commercial TV on a regular basis.

I agree though that it serves little purpose but to confirm pre-existing views on both sides, which is probably not that surprising given how stubborn and defensive people are on these issues.

Have you ever discussed Indigenous affairs with someone on the other side of the fence and genuinely changed their mind? I sure as hell haven't.

Also I just realised Mass Effect: Andromeda is open world.

This is not going to work.

"The game takes place 600 years after the events of the first three Mass Effect games,[10] in the Andromeda Galaxy. The player character's intergalactic journey began during the time in which Mass Effect 2 takes place, separating the new setting from the events of the third game.[11] Players choose from either a male or a female sibling with the other continuing to feature in the story. They are the children of Alec Ryder – an N7 special forces soldier – and designated as a Pathfinder, an operative tasked with discovering new planets for the Human species to colonize. They will explore an open world galaxy aboard the starship Tempest."

Ugh.

Random thoughts thread part 3: Do you guys mind if I have this fruit roll up?

7b80db53bc5af9ff02e91b81ee58452d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back