Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 4: Shitizens on Pootroll

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt. Ours is particularly bad, we had people at their desk in snow jackets.

Problem is catering for individual preference. There is one woman going through menopause and anything other than artic and shes fanning herself like Cleopatra.

I reckon we allow men to wear shorts during summer in the workplace and then we can turn the AC down.
This is my sons teacher. He is wearing pants and a jacket to school on 40 degree days because the classroom temp is set to 'frozen testicles'.

Men are wearing suits, whilst women are wearing a singlet and skirt, then complaining its too cold.
Feel free to do the reverse.

Edit: You know what I can't decide what I dislike most about your post, so I'm going to take a few shots at it.

2: Women are wearing a singlet and skirt, whilst men are choosing to wear suits and force companies to spend money keeping the whole building cold.

3: When you set a dress code based on societal normals, it doesn't excuse an employer's responsibility to ensure that their dictated dress code isn't bad for employee health

Edit: You know what I can't decide what I dislike most about your post, so I'm going to take a few shots at it.

2: Women are wearing a singlet and skirt, whilst men are choosing to wear suits and force companies to spend money keeping the whole building cold.

3: When you set a dress code based on societal normals, it doesn't excuse an employer's responsibility to ensure that their dictated dress code isn't bad for employee health
There 'aint no choosing going on let me tell you.

We got rid of *mandatory neck ties for men* less than 18 months ago.

There 'aint no choosing going on let me tell you.

We got rid of *mandatory neck ties for men* less than 18 months ago.
I worked for a company back in the 1990's that had a dress code for office staff whereby men had to wear ties and women had to wear name badges.

Ties are banned where I work now for safety reasons.

#thatsthejoke

Very few people are choosing
Oh right. I geddit now.

Yeah in reality the only thing I have an issue now is no shorts for men during summer. I can take my jacket off, roll up my shirt sleeves and keep cool in an office, but move about on a 40 degree day in work slacks and there is nothing worse than that swampy sticky thickness going on in and around places where that would be particularly uncomfortable.

You aren't allowed, but you know that.

The standard 24 degrees is also very reasonable, particularly if you are moving at all.

Don't even get me started on the menopausal temperature adjusters! Those people are the worst!

Macca's point is fair but so are the counter arguments.

Papa's points are more ******* out of touch than... Than me I guess.

Sent from mTalk

The head of Fairwork was the former boss of the ACTU and was put in the position by Shorten. If they think that Sunday Penalty Rates are stupid and bad for the economy, then you better believe Sunday penalty rates really are bad for the economy.

And little Trenty Hunter's performance yesterday standing next to Bill was Oscar worthy.

Penalty rates for hospitality workers aren't bad for the economy. If the place is open, it's probably making money (and they are open to saturation point). If it isn't then it can close on the Sunday.

It's not as if hospitality wages are affected by international competition. We can't get our coffee served from China or our KFC from India. There are no outside forces working on it.

And I'd like to add, if I'm paying 5 dollars for a coffee and 25 for a burger, you had better be paying the person making and serving it a decent wage!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just the tag and testing it is supplying the MDS for the coffee beans and having a documented safe work procedure for a machine that raises water to boiling point. :eek:

There are also restrictions on where it can be used.

I tried a plunger for a while years ago before I went to the electric version of the stove top pot but it is very difficult to get decent strength coffee out of a plunger.
Bloody safe working procedures, I need to do one for our safety ladder it has three steps.

The head of Fairwork was the former boss of the ACTU and was put in the position by Shorten. If they think that Sunday Penalty Rates are stupid and bad for the economy, then you better believe Sunday penalty rates really are bad for the economy.

And little Trenty Hunter's performance yesterday standing next to Bill was Oscar worthy.
Honest question.

You're running a business that sells something with a limit on its worth, in that people will only ever pay a certain amount for it. Like a coffee or a beer or a sandwich.

Would you prefer your customer base have 10 millionaires, or 100 moderately wealthy people?

Ah yes, I'm all too familiar with everything needing to be tagged and tested. It's a major pain in the ass.

It's incredibly easy to become a certified tag and tester, when i enquired about it, it was a days course just teaching you how to use the test machine. iirc the machines test for proper earthing and if there is any leakage due to damaged components.

I should have done the course.

Honest question.

You're running a business that sells something with a limit on its worth, in that people will only ever pay a certain amount for it. Like a coffee or a beer or a sandwich.

Would you prefer your customer base have 10 millionaires, or 100 moderately wealthy people?

100 moderately wealthy people for me but the more money people have, the more stingy they become. o_O

Honest question.

Let me ask you a question. You run a small cafe, you employ 5 staff each working 8 hour days. Your fixed costs are $500 a day, you turnover $2000 a day. Your staff are on $25 an hour meaning your wages bill is $1,000 a day meaning you you make a profit of $500 a day. On Sundays, though, your wages bill climbs to $2,000 a day meaning you make a $500 loss. You either decide to remain open on Sundays at your loss, or you close on Sundays meaning that employees wanting to work on Sunday don't have a shift. It's a pretty basic premise, I'm not sure why the lefties can't see this.

Let me ask you a question. You run a small cafe, you employ 5 staff each working 8 hour days. Your fixed costs are $500 a day, you turnover $2000 a day. Your staff are on $25 an hour meaning your wages bill is $1,000 a day meaning you you make a profit of $500 a day. On Sundays, though, your wages bill climbs to $2,000 a day meaning you make a $500 loss. You either decide to remain open on Sundays at your loss, or you close on Sundays meaning that employees wanting to work on Sunday don't have a shift. It's a pretty basic premise, I'm not sure why the lefties can't see this.

Your fixed costs actually reduce per day if you open on Sunday, as you're splitting standard rent/rates over more earning days

Businesses also choose to make 'losses' on aspects of their business every day. Advertising, food supply, furniture etc. Maybe being available to customers has a value to your business so its worth the 'loss' on wages on one day in seven, though again thats a dubious model you're running on

Of the things you can choose to spend or not spend on to maintain and improve your business, people are the most worthwhile.

Last edited:
It's like Sunday trade only operates in the Sunday bubble and any Sunday loss isn't able to be covered by a surplus made on the other six days of the week.

Also maybe as boss you could maybe pull a Sunday shift for once in a blue moon to minimise those destructive entitlements?

Nah, who would wanna work Sunday if they don't have to?

Last edited:
Answer my question and I'll answer yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back