Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Have only just foumd out the result, been on a cruise and just docked at Airlie beach and got some service.
What a great weekend for the footy club - Reserves win absolutely fantastic and Port got beaten, woohoo!!!!!
I am guessing that means pick 12 for us.
Its amazing what a year can do in footy. Under great managrment. Credit to Fagan and Noble and all of the coaching staff.
Doing the 7 days to Cairns/Port Douglas on the Dawn?
I'm going in about 4 weeks.
How's Airlie looking after the cyclone?

Doing the 7 days to Cairns/Port Douglas on the Dawn?
I'm going in about 4 weeks.
How's Airlie looking after the cyclone?
Its looking pretty good. Few areas where you can see are a bit bare of trees. They have just got the lagoon back up and running for the kids. So just lazing around there today.
We are having a great time, so I am sure you will enjoy.

Its looking pretty good. Few areas where you can see are a bit bare of trees. They have just got the lagoon back up and running for the kids. So just lazing around there today.
Went to Vanuatu on Pacific Dawn last year, loved it.
She was renovated early this year, so it be like a whole new ship. Is Crown Lager still being served?

Are you doing any tours through P&O? I'm keen to do the reef trip out of Port Douglas, $275 each.
My 2 "kids" are adults now, so we'll be looking to do/see something of interest, but not strenuous.

Last year was my first cruise, and whilst it was a bit boganny, it was the best week of holiday I've had. Will be an annual thing.:thumbsu:

Went to Vanuatu on Pacific Dawn last year, loved it.
She was renovated early this year, so it be like a whole new ship. Is Crown Lager still being served?

Are you doing any tours through P&O? I'm keen to do the reef trip out of Port Douglas, $275 each.
My 2 "kids" are adults now, so we'll be looking to do/see something of interest, but not strenuous.

Last year was my first cruise, and whilst it was a bit boganny, it was the best week of holiday I've had. Will be an annual thing.:thumbsu:
Boganny has hit the nail on the head. They are out in mass.
But we are doing the kuranda train and skyrail and wildlife and croc tour in Port Douglas. Our kids are only quite young. So that was what they picked. We wanted to do a helicopter trip over the reef, but not to be.

Best holiday I ever had was a fortnight or so on the Kalinda (smallish dive boat) down from Thursday Island to Cairns over Christmas one year. Diving was absolutely spectacular. Not to be missed if you're into diving!

Have just seen the sad story on the HUN about the Victorian father who drowned trying to save some young kids at a Woollongong beach.....there is a photo of the young dad with a little girl, who I'm assuming is his daughter....she is wearing a Lions jacket.

The children were saved, but this very brave dad lost his life.....so so sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fake news segment by neroli meadows at the MVP awards was savage.. and maybe a bit long. Was a a pretty strange segment overall actually.

Don't know what the exact rules are but Squizzy was already 22 when the season started.

Edit: oh he was in the 40 man squad I see. Ah well.
So it isn't actually 22under22 then?
Never taken any notice, but I am betting the criteria was made/changed at some point to make sure a particular player got in, like relaxing the Brownlow requirements for fairness.

Enjoy Airlie - i used to work there.

Would be a crazy week to be there. The AFL and rugby league teams just won their grand finals in Mackay - would be absolute mayhem at Magnums

Carrara undergoing preparation for the Comm games. Any more sand, and the surface could rival Etihad.
7ae60e34f29569bc2a106d7621504618

Carrara undergoing preparation for the Comm games. Any more sand, and the surface could rival Etihad.

No home games until after R10. Could be a tough year for the Suns coming up. Might be worth putting some $ on them for the spoon. New coach, gary gone, no home ground for 1/2 the season and rumours their captain and only marquee Lynch heading south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back