M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I doubt Patrick Karnezis and a few others feel the same given Buckley refused to talk to guys that that weren’t in his plans.

Sadly, heard similar things about Voss as a coach.
True although you can never really know without knowing these guys personally, the public persona is not always accurate, that's why I said "comes across as".

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I doubt Patrick Karnezis and a few others feel the same given Buckley refused to talk to guys that that weren’t in his plans.

Sadly, heard similar things about Voss as a coach.
I reckon at a certain point, 45 dudes to keep tabs on is quite a mission. Some of them would also take more of your attention than others.

I was also considering recently, I mean, as crazy as crazy Vossy was, dude got us 10 wins a season at least twice in a row. Haven't done it since, as depressing as that is to type.

Buckley definitely had an issue with perceived or real cliques. As far as I can gather, that’s no longer an issue. He’s changed his ways quite a bit and is building a real sense of unity of purpose among the group. I’m not saying there aren’t a few discontented types because there are at every footy club. But I understand that they are a pretty happy and cohensive bunch now.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has a team ever, improved or had a break through moment (like the Hawks game) only to then regress or go back to our old ways instantly more than us over the last 1p 7 years. Why are we predictable.. our yes moments are always so fleeting, I cant picture it ever being sustained.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Buckley definitely had an issue with perceived or real cliques. As far as I can gather, that’s no longer an issue. He’s changed his ways quite a bit and is building a real sense of unity of purpose among the group. I’m not saying there aren’t a few discontented types because there are at every footy club. But I understand that they are a pretty happy and cohensive bunch now.
Spent too much time on Bigfooty maybe?

Long live the clique.

My pipe dream comes from the hodge effect this year. I'm hoping that he has the inside on a forward that would be able to come to us and help out on the same sort of deal he is on. Imagine the effect on our forward line.

I have absolutely no idea if there is someone out there that may suit but I like living on the fantasy.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
My pipe dream comes from the hodge effect this year. I'm hoping that he has the inside on a forward that would be able to come to us and help out on the same sort of deal he is on. Imagine the effect on our forward line.

I have absolutely no idea if there is someone out there that may suit but I like living on the fantasy.
Jarryd Roughead.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
5wks :smoking:

..bit worried about next week though, going to visit mum who smokes. She won't smoke around me, but knowing she's sneaking away to have a smoke might be a tad much, might follow her.:oops:

I’ve quit too. But I still end up having a few over the weekend if drinking. But I must be saving at least $300 a week.

I feel great too! Stay strong!

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thanks, will try to be good, promise. I feel a lot better too. amazing how well I'm breathing, don't need my puffers at all, and hardly cough either. Although I didn't cough at all while up in Qld, as soon as we drove into melb I started coughing. I so want out of this smog filled place:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back