Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Hmm. 25K crowd too big to hope for next week? Saturday night, coming off 3 wins... I've already had about 5 mates who usually only go to 2/3 games a year express an interest in coming next week.

I forgot what it was like to get back from a game after midnight, after being spoiled living near the Gabba for the past 5 years.

I really hate Metripong.

Hmm. 25K crowd too big to hope for next week? Saturday night, coming off 3 wins... I've already had about 5 mates who usually only go to 2/3 games a year express an interest in coming next week.
If it was against Collingwood? Possible?
Not sure about Adelaide.
If we can get 22k that would be great.

Not sure where this best belongs but has the board of Stadiums Qld been sacked for price gouging the stare’s professional footy teams? Suns board has a link to an article in the GC Bulletin about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because most of them have left SA already.

I grew up in a small country town in nsw and for a whil in the 80s a ex resident who was a tv journalist would organise a 'back to' picnic in a Sydney park. They got more to the picnic than lived in the town.

Was just listening to SEN before and Brett Phillips said he was on the Plane back from Tassie after calling the game yesterday. He said he took up his seat and noticed there were Lions players on the same flight. He then said he saw an older guy with Grey hair walking down the isle with a big smile engaging people as has walked down with Hellos and smiles and of course it was fages.

So Fages stopped at his seat and it turns out they were sitting next to each other. They didn't talk at first, he didn't know if he wanted to be bothered etc I am presuming they didn't know each other from media interviews or what not. Then eventually he said he opened up a conversation with him.

He said..

Fages was one of the most genuine, engaging, interesting people you would ever meet and within 5 minutes he said knew why the players loved him.

He was like a kid in a candy store on an IPAD going through advanced Champion data stats, pointing out stuff to him about the game.

He mentioned some senior Guys and Fages said, "yeah they are great but do you know what my favourite thing was? the Fact Nick Robertson kept Bruest who has been unstoppable, quiet, he did a job on him" - he said you could tell he loved Nick Robertson.

He then said "and Barrett, this kid is hard as cats head and a great clubman, I absolutely love him"

and then he mentioned Big O and said "He could be anything, you have no idea how good this kid could be"

he said you could tell how much pleasure he took from the lesser known players and their development.

He then went on to rave about Brisbane for 5 minutes and just applauded Fagen and everything he saw on the Tassie trip.

Pretty cool little insight, it might not all be spot on because i am trying to recount the story from one listen, 2 hours later, but that was about the jist of it.

Last edited:
Was just listening to SEN before and Matt Grandland said he was on the Plane back from Tassie after calling the game yesterday. He said he took up his seat and noticed there were Lions players on the same flight. He then said he saw an older guy with Grey hair walking down the isle with a big smile engaging people as has walked down with Hellos and smiles and of course it was fages.

So Fages stopped at his seat and it turns out they were sitting next to each other. They didn't talk at first, he didn't know if he wanted to be bothered etc I am presuming they didn't know each other from media interviews or what not. Then eventually he said he opened up a conversation with him.

He said..

Fages was one of the most genuine, engaging, interesting people you would ever meet and within 5 minutes he said knew why the players loved him.

He was like a kid in a candy store on an IPAD going through advanced Champion data stats, pointing out stuff to him about the game.

He mentioned some senior Guys and Fages said, "yeah they are great but do you know what my favourite thing was? the Fact Nick Robertson kept Bruest who has been unstoppable, quiet, he did a job on him" - he said you could tell he loved Nick Robertson.

He then said "and Barrett, this kid is hard as cats head and a great clubman, I absolutely love him"

and then he mentioned Big O and said "He could be anything, you have no idea how good this kid could be"

he said you could tell how much pleasure he took from the lesser known players and their development.

Grandland then went on to rave about Brisbane for 5 minutes and just applauded Fagen and everything he saw on the Tassie trip.

Pretty cool little insight, it might not all be spot on because i am trying to recount the story from one listen, 2 hours later, but that was about the jist of it.

Matty Granland now works for 3AW.....either you were listening to that or you were listening to Brett Phillips (easy to mix the two, they sound the same). BP is filling in for Andy Maher today.....he also was at our game in Tassie.

I heard BP saturday night during the washup show on SEN later in the night. He was rapt in our win, made me wonder if he had finally come on board after refusing to being an ex Fitzroy supporter, although that was years ago in the early days of SEN he said that....he is a pleasure to listen to, expert in tennis too.

Matty Granland now works for 3AW.....either you were listening to that or you were listening to Brett Phillips (easy to mix the two, they sound the same). BP is filling in for Andy Maher today.....he also was at our game in Tassie.

I heard BP saturday night during the washup show on SEN later in the night. He was rapt in our win, made me wonder if he had finally come on board after refusing to being an ex Fitzroy supporter, although that was years ago in the early days of SEN he said that....he is a pleasure to listen to, expert in tennis too.

Sorry, yes - it was Brett Phillips.. I always get them confused because they sound the same and the tennis thing. Ta.

Apparently Izzy Conway did his ACL on the weekend.

It is a bastard of an injury. One thing the AFL could lead the way on is supporting some research into better analysis of risk factors, preventative regimes and recovery processes after surgery. It is just affecting too many careers too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back