Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Sydney’s list seems to be in a very slow state of decay. I just don’t remember them losing games like that three or four years ago. They were the most bankable commodity in footy, particularly at home. You got an honest effort every week.

Perhaps the rot started to show at the beginning of last year when they lost the first 5 or 6 games.

They shouldn’t over-react based on yesterday but I reckon there’s definitely something amiss. It will be interesting to see if that shitty performance refocuses the side or they continue to crumble slowly.
I think that there are a lot of teams in decline.
Adelaide have fallen (injuries) but fallen all the same and an ageing list. Geelong are on the way down, Sydney are not the team they once were, Hawthorne, Port are pretenders, GWS (injuries) but really don’t appear the team they were 2 years ago. Bulldogs have fallen dramatically, Saints.
There are not many teams on the way up? Richmond are still up and probably favourites for this year, West Coast have had a very good year, North have excelled, Melbourne????? I would put us in this bracket and we really have a good opportunity over the next couple of years. If we can continue our rapid rise.

Adelaide have fallen (injuries) but fallen all the same and an ageing list. Geelong are on the way down, Sydney are not the team they once were, Hawthorne, Port are pretenders, GWS (injuries) but really don’t appear the team they were 2 years ago. Bulldogs have fallen dramatically, Saints.
There are not many teams on the way up? Richmond are still up and probably favourites for this year, West Coast have had a very good year, North have excelled, Melbourne????? I would put us in this bracket and we really have a good opportunity over the next couple of years. If we can continue our rapid rise.
I’d disagree on Adelaide. Most of their best players are at peak age. They definitely need to start the regeneration process but I reckon they’ll be right amongst it next year.

Sydney’s list seems to be in a very slow state of decay. I just don’t remember them losing games like that three or four years ago. They were the most bankable commodity in footy, particularly at home. You got an honest effort every week.

Perhaps the rot started to show at the beginning of last year when they lost the first 5 or 6 games.

They shouldn’t over-react based on yesterday but I reckon there’s definitely something amiss. It will be interesting to see if that shitty performance refocuses the side or they continue to crumble slowly.

They're combusted work is way down and they have a number of senior guys declining with not much to replace them at the moment. Add in losing guys to salary cap pressure and they could be in a bit of trouble. That midfield of Parker, jack, hanners and Kennedy are mostly in decline and Heeney and mills haven't been moved in there full time to compensate

I wouldn't say we've made a rapid rise just yet.

Interestingly, their NEAFL team also lost to the Suns...

You don’t think we have had rapid improvement?
I believe we've improved, but from my perspective a lot of it has been our kids and 2013 draftees reaching their potential and understanding what it takes to play the game. Of course Fagan and Hodge have been central to this improvement.

But you said rapid rise, not improvement. Different connotation there. From my perspective, we haven't risen fast or far yet. I've said for the past couple of years I expect us to play finals in 2021.

What I didn't take in to consideration was the possible demise of teams like Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong or Adelaide. I'm not ready to proclaim Sydney are doomed, as I think they have drafted some good young talent recently, and will add more. More like a changing of the guard coming up in the next couple of years for Sydney.

I believe we've improved, but from my perspective a lot of it has been our kids and 2013 draftees reaching their potential and understanding what it takes to play the game. Of course Fagan and Hodge have been central to this improvement.

But you said rapid rise, not improvement. Different connotation there. From my perspective, we haven't risen fast or far yet. I've said for the past couple of years I expect us to play finals in 2021.

What I didn't take in to consideration was the possible demise of teams like Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong or Adelaide. I'm not ready to proclaim Sydney are doomed, as I think they have drafted some good young talent recently, and will add more. More like a changing of the guard coming up in the next couple of years for Sydney.
Seems a little narrow minded to think of a rise as all about the position on the ladder!
There are many statistical areas where we have made a dramatic rise in the last 18 months. The wins will come off the back of that.

Seems a little narrow minded to think of a rise as all about the position on the ladder!
There are many statistical areas where we have made a dramatic rise in the last 18 months. The wins will come off the back of that.
Some words suit different scenarios better.

Dramatic improvement certainly suits statistical areas. Rapid rise does not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The women in the afl media put most of the men to shame eg. Daisy Pearce, Neroli Meadows, Caroline Wilson, Kelli Underwood.

Neroli Meadows is the best talent fox has.

"For Kalyn's development he needed a different environment for him to discover himself and express himself. That's why Kalyn was actually going to AFL in May, 2016. At the time we felt as though we'd had enough of the rugby league fraternity. We pushed for him to be in a positive environment, which is why we thought the Brisbane Lions were a perfect fit."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/25...rom-north-queensland-cowboys-long-term-plans/

Probably get banned for this, but whatevs.

I really miss the Paddlepop guernsey. I know you all hated it, but I loved it and while I love the Club and footy as much as ever it just doesn't fell like "my" Club anymore :(

I start thinking about it every so often. Oh well.

I really miss the Paddlepop guernsey. I know you all hated it, but I loved it and while I love the Club and footy as much as ever it just doesn't fell like "my" Club anymore :(

Haha!:think:

Wasn't the worst guernsey ever, it was just worse than the three-peat premiership lion.

Come on kezz ZoBlitz isn't that bad. Seriously though we've never banged someone for having an opinion.

Besides the argument against the paddlepop was more about the way it was implemented and the arrogance and disregard for members of the administration of the time then it ever was about the actual design, regardless ofany people not liking it

Come on kezz ZoBlitz isn't that bad. Seriously though we've never banged someone for having an opinion.

Besides the argument against the paddlepop was more about the way it was implemented and the arrogance and disregard for members of the administration of the time then it ever was about the actual design, regardless ofany people not liking it

Mods take their work seriously!!

I have. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back