Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

It really does seem that 100 points is the benchmark for teams these days, judging by this season. This round every winner got more than 100 points, every loser got less.

This round was the fourth in a row where no game had both teams over 100 points.

The current stats after 108 games this season:

Only nine games had both teams over 100 points (our R1 game against the Eagles being one of them)

37 games had both teams below 100 points.

62 games, well more than half of all the games, had only the winning team get more that 100 points.

The statistics would say that if you get to 100 points you are probably going to win.

When we have looked our best, we have got to 100 points or quite close to it. Our only win we got more than 100 points.

We need to get to 100 points. It means about 15 goals 10 behinds in a game...

...Or the way we kick: 10 goals 40 behinds.
Score more points = better chance of winning, got it.

We have to laugh, otherwise we'd be crying. :'(

when-people-ask-me-if-we-should-get-fries-or-wings-with-our-pizza-why-not-both-1460322811.jpg

As we have just had an honesty session between coaches and players (pre-round 13), does that make all the previous sessions dishonest?
Maybe we had an honesty session asking whether the previous honesty sessions where honest.

Seriously though not sure whether its a good thing.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...b/news-story/c6e40de3c090e45e1411a2eec8aa7202

Champion Data’s measurement takes into account the amount of pressure the kicker is under and the difficulty of the kick. It provides the most accurate gauge of kicking prowess.

BRISBANE

Pearce Hanley 122 (+6.3%)

Sam Mayes 104 (+2.0%)

Dayne Zorko 138 (-0.0%)

Stef Martin is 10th for hit outs to advantage with 10.4% to advantage. 9th is Leuey with 11%. First is Nic Nat with 20.2%.

Saw a GS Warriors fan say this afternoon "Gotta stick with the team through the tough times! #truefan"

If those are the tough times then I hope they aren't a Lions supporter

As tough as losing the big dance is getting there is so far away from TOUGH times it isn't funny.

From Kevvo and royboys4eva 's conversation on the media alert thread regarding the Judd article:

The following section is, in my opinion, nonsense.

If I were running an underperforming club, the first step I'd take would be to analyse whether any of those seven people had a different set of values to the club's. To put this in layman's terms, are any of them dickheads? If any are, even if they are elite performers, plans should be made to show them the door as soon as it's appropriate.

Honestly, you could justify sacking anyone on the basis that they have 'a different set of values to the club'.

Successful organisations generally incorporate a diverse range of views, experiences and capabilities. The test shouldn't be whether or not you have any 'dickheads' in your organisations, but whether you can have people that don't really get along but can all work together professionally and effectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Kevvo and royboys4eva 's conversation on the media alert thread regarding the Judd article:

Honestly, you could justify sacking anyone on the basis that they have 'a different set of values to the club'.

Successful organisations generally incorporate a diverse range of views, experiences and capabilities. The test shouldn't be whether or not you have any 'dickheads' in your organisations, but whether you can have people that don't really get along but can all work together professionally and effectively.

I agree that there is a bit of corporate waffle in the article. In particular, the discussion of coherent values is poorly expressed and vague.

That said, I think that really difficult or abrasive characters are nearly always a net negative so I mostly agree with his conclusion. From context, I assume that he means 'dickheads' on such a scale that they are disruptive to others. In my experience, some amount of interpersonal fractiousness can be worked around, but the risk is that those individuals make it hard for you to keep and develop your other high performing staff. If that's the case, I think it's valid to conclude that you're better off without the disruptive high-flyer in order to keep a competent team harmonious.

Presumably, a dickhead struggles to work professionally with others. I think "dickhead" is shorthand for a number of behaviours that would make a person's position in an organisation untenable.

In terms of organisational v individual values, I think a conflict between the two makes life very difficult. There are plenty of studies suggesting that really high functioning organisations have strong alignment between the organisation's values and that of its individuals. Can you sack someone from not sharing the same values? No. Can you sack someone for acting in a way which is completely contrary to the stated values of the organisation? Depending on circumstances, yes.

Presumably, a dickhead struggles to work professionally with others. I think "dickhead" is shorthand for a number of behaviours that would make a person's position in an organisation untenable.

In terms of organisational v individual values, I think a conflict between the two makes life very difficult. There are plenty of studies suggesting that really high functioning organisations have strong alignment between the organisation's values and that of its individuals. Can you sack someone from not sharing the same values? No. Can you sack someone for acting in a way which is completely contrary to the stated values of the organisation? Depending on circumstances, yes.

I agree that there is a bit of corporate waffle in the article. In particular, the discussion of coherent values is poorly expressed and vague.

That said, I think that really difficult or abrasive characters are nearly always a net negative so I mostly agree with his conclusion. From context, I assume that he means 'dickheads' on such a scale that they are disruptive to others. In my experience, some amount of interpersonal fractiousness can be worked around, but the risk is that those individuals make it hard for you to keep and develop your other high performing staff. If that's the case, I think it's valid to conclude that you're better off without the disruptive high-flyer in order to keep a competent team harmonious.

You both make good points.

Lack of fit between individual and organisational values predicts both voluntary an involuntary turnover and reduction in performance, both through the loss of organisational knowledge and experience through turnover, and in lack of output from disengaged staff.

is it too late to bring in a final 18 for this year?

Agree it would be fitting for the Lions to be given a wildcard to the finals while replacing a team of our choice.

Club has sent out an email asking for feedback about the match day experience at the Gabba. Hope we can all lobby for the killing off of Brion. I believe he is behind our slump in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back