Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pouring rain here atm......thank goodness heading off up the Hume/Pacific hway to sunny Qld tomorrow morning, although looks like showers most of the way.

The Newell is still a bit dicey around Forbes area, so thought we'd go the scenic way......(straight through Sydney!:eek:)

Am adjusting to this retirement gig very well:D

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pouring rain here atm......thank goodness heading off up the Hume/Pacific hway to sunny Qld tomorrow morning, although looks like showers most of the way.

The Newell is still a bit dicey around Forbes area, so thought we'd go the scenic way......(straight through Sydney!:eek:)

Yep the weather in Melbourne was a bit ordinary today and yesterday, so bloody windy, but at least it was cool. Got back home and it is still windy but hot. Under12 girls state titles tomorrow, I think fitness will be telling especially with 12 a side.

Yep the weather in Melbourne was a bit ordinary today and yesterday, so bloody windy, but at least it was cool. Got back home and it is still windy but hot. Under12 girls state titles tomorrow, I think fitness will be telling especially with 12 a side.

Good luck tomorrow :thumbsu:

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Rellies came up through there last weekend. No problems.

Edit: Bugger going through Sydney. Never again.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rellies came up through there last weekend. No problems.

Edit: Bugger going through Sydney. Never again.

Checked it out on tuesday and there appeared to be problems again with flooding in the area....detours of up to 200ks.

I like going up the Hume way, but Mr MM not looking forward to the Sydney part, that's why we're going through on sunday, doesn't want to be part of weekday traffic......although there is not much difference these days with the traffic in the cities, give you the irrits.

image.jpeg

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A fan spotted a dodgy looking mole on Mack Horton's chest during the Olympics and emailed the swimming team for him to get it checked. Turns out it was cancerous.

Must've liked looking at his chest, the fan had noticed the same mole had changed since he last saw it, so sent the email:eek::D

Same type of thing happened with Billy Connelly....a doctor fan was walking behind him in a hotel? in England somewhere and noticed his walk, so told him to get it checked out. Turns out has got Parkinsons Disease. The doctor was Australian IIRC..

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Now's your big opportunity to make up for all those years of neglect, Kezz!

PS Toss a coin

I feel so conflicted. Like when one of your kids defeats another one. I suppose I will just do what I do with my kids. Hug the winner and laugh at the loser. (Not really)

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Geez McM thought I might have run into you at the Valley today.
Strange time of year for the likes of us to be leaving our town. :p

Safe travels.

Mr MM said the same thing while we were travelling yesterday....luckily we got to the motel in time to see Winks do her afternoon stroll. Wow! I was very impressed with little Yankee Rose too.

Anyhoo, we've had a fantastic run. Left 6am sat morning, got onto the Monash f/way and had a dual h/way all the way including through Sydney, until we got to just south of Kempsey. So easy, I could do it myself, no dramas at all going through Sydney. Easy peasy!

We did have a bit of a fright just out of Goulburn, had just passed a truck, got back into the left lane, when we spotted a car coming towards us...on the wrong side!! How and why is beyond us....we could easily have been still passing the truck, I shudder to think of the consequences. Other than that it has been stress free driving.

Safe travels for you too, cheers:)

GC tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back