Shouldn't he be the MacDad?

article-2263127-16F73FEA000005DC-186_634x822.jpg

Jun 17, 2006
Section 43
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL - Green Bay Packers
I'm the one who has just retired, he's been retired for years......and unfortunately for me, he has a debilitating disease, he's allergic to housework or shopping;):p

My long lost twin .............there you are !!!!

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Think I must be way behind the times, but is/was it common knowledge that Fraser Gehrig (ex St Kilda) is Ross Thornton's nephew and could very well have ended up a Lion?

...according to an Age RealFooty article of 2003

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Think I must be way behind the times, but is/was it common knowledge that Fraser Gehrig (ex St Kilda) is Ross Thornton's nephew and could very well have ended up a Lion?

...according to an Age RealFooty article of 2003
Bernie Quinlan was his favorite player for memory

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I actually fear for all of us If a guy who can't be trusted with a twitter account has control of nuclear weapons.

Fox Footy are showing re-runs of games from the 90's at the moment. I happened to turn it on very briefly during the week just as I was getting ready for work. The game was a Melbourne v Geelong game from 1994. Nothing special save that in the very short snippet I saw, Sean Wight kicked the ball out of defence, it was marked by Paul Couch but relayed back to Wight for a free who then passed straight to Jim Stynes. It was eerie.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Cant find a thread for your upcoming juniors, so i'll post this here as it may be of interest ...

earlier this year i posted on the SUNS thread;

An update.

Wylie has just been invited to trial for the Lions academy later this month.

He got B&F for his club Mt Gravatt (u18s) and came second in the Brisbane comp B&F.

Not bad for his second season of AFL. At 195cm and 100kg, Wylie has his 18 birthday, next year....

You will all be talking about this kid in a season or two. Kids of his size and talent dont come round too often.

what one finds in the random thread..

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
You will all be talking about this kid in a season or two. Kids of his size and talent dont come round too often.

Four mentions of him this year on the Brisbane board and by a grand total of one poster. Nailed it man. For reference, Llane Spaanderman got mentioned 7 times.

buzza.jpg

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Four mentions of him this year on the Brisbane board and by a grand total of one poster. Nailed it man. For reference, Llane Spaanderman got mentioned 7 times.

View attachment 311497
You always did have it in for him Browndog.. and you were severely embarrassed when he was drafted by a blue ribbon Victorian club...ha!

But yes, the post was in 2013, and there was a lot of talk in '14 and 15. So again I was right..

Hope he gets a go in NAB cup early this season, and some games during the season in the top grade for one of the competitions premier clubs.. But I know you blokes don't. Red faces all round here, eh? haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back