Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Yeah. Understand there are numerous factors at play but would have thought at least once it could crack 40. The Adele concert in March could break the record (since redevelopment) if they have a few K seats on the field.
I was speaking to one of the event managers at the gabba and he says the Adele concert will have 50,000+.
They are expecting a full stadium plus 10 to 15000 on the pitch.
Will be interesting to see the state of the ground after, especially if it is raining.
Just before the season kicks off too.

I was speaking to one of the event managers at the gabba and he says the Adele concert will have 50,000+.
Will be interesting to see the state of the ground after, especially if it is raining.

Interesting! Wonder why the concert isn't at QE2? 49K capacity. Gabba much easier to get to though.

Isn't there a second show as well?

hopefully one day we can get back to 35,000 + crowds at the gabba again. we have to aspire to being as entertaining and popular as the heat.

Bus lines are long enough with 20k. Boo

How many are they getting to Heat games?

apparently a sell out tonight.
I remember the 2009 elimination final at the gabba against Carlton. 35 to 36000 had the Gabba rocking. I think the lions were down by 31 early in the last quarter and come back and won it. If there was an actual roof on the gabba it would have lifted off with the noise it was fantastic. Looking forward to the day we get back to crowds like that again.

I remember the 2009 elimination final at the gabba against Carlton. 35 to 36000 had the Gabba rocking. I think the lions were down by 31 early in the last quarter and come back and won it. If there was an actual roof on the gabba it would have lifted off with the noise it was fantastic. Looking forward to the day we get back to crowds like that again.
5 years I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting! Wonder why the concert isn't at QE2? 49K capacity. Gabba much easier to get to though.

Don't wish for anything to be at QE2! Getting in and out of that place for an event is even worse than the Gabba!

hopefully one day we can get back to 35,000 + crowds at the gabba again. we have to aspire to being as entertaining and popular as the heat.

When we start winning consistently the crowds will come back, I am confident of that.

Great crowd and great atmosphere last night. Best I've experienced at the Gabba in years, have to say.

Big Bash is a hell of a product!

The thing with BBL is that 80% of the population is on holidays at this time of the year and the game is quite a novelty. People are far less concerned with the competition result (ie the overall winner) as they are the individual match winners and even that is less important than the pure spectacle. It is more of a 'show' than a sport, and wouldn't be worried about any comparison of crowds.

Today, 02/01/2017 the Curious Snail had 17 pages in the sports section. There was a whole AFL page (Ben Lennon & Oscar MacDonald articles - nothing Qld related) and not 1 Broncos or Rugby League article. I seen it, but I don't believe it.:D

Today, 02/01/2017 the Curious Snail had 17 pages in the sports section. There was a whole AFL page (Ben Lennon & Oscar MacDonald articles - nothing Qld related) and not 1 Broncos or Rugby League article. I seen it, but I don't believe it.:D

It did mention that Lennon is getting on well with Leppa, ex-Lions coach. Do agree though that no NRL was amazing.

You missed the 30 page pullout section titled "We love the Broncos".

Yeah Warner only 5th time in test history, century in the opening session of a test.

It's hard to comprehend how much worse Pakistans bowling lineup is compared to the South Africans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back