Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Re: Has Daniel Rich signed with GWS

Well firstly, we didn't let him go. He wanted out to go to a "successful club culture"... hope he enjoyed the 120 point flogging yesterday.

Secondly, Sherman would be utterly useless in our team at the moment. The last thing a battling midfield needs is frontrunners.

Don't want to derail the thread but just lol at Sherman. Good choice son :thumbsu:, should have gone to the Suns like everyone else.

Re: The MBE thread

Gotta love these threads, a combination of…

220px-Impossible_staircase.svg.png

+

headbashwall.gif

Oh and keep up the great leaps in grammatical improvement MBE – it seems the less time you have to post a reply, the higher the level of correctness – I am impressed.

You wouldn’t happen to be Nicky Duigan and MBE is a throw back to your masters degree? Or are you actually Hugh Grant? If so, loved your roll in The lair of the White Worm...

speaking of worm...

Letting Sherman goes looks like a bad move.

LOL :D :thumbsu:

What you on about he averages 20 touches a game and 2 goals.Better then the s**t we dishing up at the moment now your all full of it.We have the worse midfield around and won a game based on inaccuracy and poor umpiring.

Name 10 players on our list that have done better then Sherman this year ?

Well firstly, we didn't let him go. He wanted out to go to a "successful club culture"... hope he enjoyed the 120 point flogging yesterday.

Secondly, Sherman would be utterly useless in our team at the moment. The last thing a battling midfield needs is frontrunners.

Then how the F you think we going to win a clearance.You run and carry the ball out the middle not just boot it to 5 on Brown ffs you wonder why we last.

What you on about he averages 20 touches a game and 2 goals.Better then the s**t we dishing up at the moment now your all full of it.We have the worse midfield around and won a game based on inaccuracy and poor umpiring.

Name 10 players on our list that have done better then Sherman this year ?

Come back when Shermo retires or is delisted and I’ll show you 10, one club players from our current list that statistically dominate the worms!

Then how the F you think we going to win a clearance.You run and carry the ball out the middle not just boot it to 5 on Brown ffs you wonder why we last.

How does Sherman, who sits outside the packs and waits for the easy possession, come in to a discussion of our clearance problems?

Do you understand the difference between clearances, entries in the forward 50, forward line structure, etc?

Slap down, flick the hand ball out Brake the line hit the target it's that easy.Players with pace work wonders when you trained right the game plan.If you didn't know that then F me dead that is how footy is played.

Brake the ball out of defence find the running man and hit him on the chest watch him carry the ball down the wiing and hit up the next target move the ball on fast to your key target up forward.Now you have broken the zone and got a goal.Sherman had the pace to do this and if was utilised properly under Voss you would be calling him a champion.He has the goods but yet to show it he has in glimpse but not on a consistence scale.

FFS you whinge about Black getting in the way of young players and now you are advocating that we should have kept Sherman who never won a clearance in his life and when he occasionally got the ball he either turned it over or gave a suicide handball to someone not expecting it. This when most of the players you mention as wanting in our side are exactly the same types of players except they are better with the ball. Give me Polec, O'Brien, Banfield, Hanley, Bewick every time over Sherman. Those are the players he would be keeping out of the side. Would you be happy with that? I know I sure as hell wouldn't be not when we are paying him some stupid amount of money.

I lived in one of the rich suburbs of Sydney and it was nice. It and others like it are about an hour from training. Sydney is horrible to get around and where they are based makes things worse. Western Sydney is a very challenging place socially and with drug and voilence issues. If you paid me a hell of a lot I would work there but would be looking for every chance to move somewhere else. I would much prefer Adelaide.

From what I've heard it is either a return to Perth or staying put and even then that is only a slim chance. I've only been to Sydney for weekends, work and a few sports events and I agree with everything you've said and based off that and what I've been told cannot see Rich going to GWS at all.

Similar to your comments about Adelaide Quigley, Perth would be very enticing, not to mention having family, the lifestyle etc. Having lived there for 8 odd years, I can vouch for how good the place is, but that being said, I would hate to fly east every second week, which in itself is a nightmare of a flight.

Further to MBE37's comment somewhere...since when do Rich and/or Black not like Voss?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I not hear that one of the reasons why Rich is enjoying his time in Brisbane, is being near the surf/coast?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Greater West of Sydney is approximately a two or more hour bumper to bumper drive from the wonderful northern beaches? I don't believe they get 6 foot swells in Campbelltown, unless the fake kayaking course from the 2000 Olympics is still getting a run?!?!

Rich doesn't come across as a 'cash' chaser - he comes across as a lifestyle chaser. Hence in my eyes, he's more likely to go home, or stay, than he is playing with the 'Franchise' that is GWS.

I'd also like to mention that I still believe there are certain long term senior players who deserve to play till as long as they see they are fit to play - part of leaving that judgement to the players involved is not only looking at their history and number of games, but looking at their training ethic, preparation/professionalism and also their 'brains'. That is why I think that Brown, Black and Power (yes, all 3 of them) should have the decision as to their playing future left to them.

I'm a believer in the theory that a group of young players is going to learn more from having 3-4 experienced professionals around them who are in the twilight of their career, versus just being a group of young players who have seen those 3-4 experienced pros chopped.

Look at how the youngsters would have learned from these pros this year:
a) Power - returned to his role as a goal sneak forward. Tell me Banfield can't learn from watching him?
b) Black - still gets the hard ball. Still trains the house down. Still is the professional's professional. Which of the kids ain't learning from this man?
c) Brown - tell me the kids don't walk taller without him?

I think the theory of 'holding back a young kid' in the case of these three is bollocks.

They can play as long as they like as far as I'm concerned, because I think they'll be the first to chuck it in when hey think they aren't contributing.

Put it this way - Melbourne gave Junior McDonald the chop at the end of last season. A very professional senior player. Boy, he could have been useful to them this year - not only because of the number of injuries to others, but because of his leadership, professionalism, footballing smarts, and willingness to just plain have a crack. I personally thought it was a dumb move by the Dees not to have that senior guy around this year.

Shermo was a just a faster version of Tom Collier in my eyes - every time he got it I wondered what the hell he was going to do with it to cause a turnover or error.... in Shermo's case it was that extra bounce too much, that bad kick, that hospital handball, that 'hungry' go for goal...

I don't feel that his moving on has hurt us, regardless of what he said when he left...

FFS you whinge about Black getting in the way of young players and now you are advocating that we should have kept Sherman who never won a clearance in his life and when he occasionally got the ball he either turned it over or gave a suicide handball to someone not expecting it. This when most of the players you mention as wanting in our side are exactly the same types of players except they are better with the ball. Give me Polec, O'Brien, Banfield, Hanley, Bewick every time over Sherman. Those are the players he would be keeping out of the side. Would you be happy with that? I know I sure as hell wouldn't be not when we are paying him some stupid amount of money.

Yes we should have kept Sherman no body has stepped up and played that role since.Hanley and O'Brein arent as good as Sherman.The don't kick goals and that is what we need fast running mid's that can kick goals derI ain't saying he will solve our issues and win a brownlow but out the momment he could add something to our struggling side and it has been this way for a while now.I just stating his a loss don't get your knickers in a knot and a explaination on why..I don't think a aging Black and Power will make a diffrence going forward in the side.I entitled to a opoion you can't rely on these blokes forever.It's time now you ask these blokes to move on at the end of the year like Melbourne did with Bruce and co.But you can't hack being wrong for once cause it's MBE cause in the end you think I burying Black and calling him s**t but I'm not just think at the end of the year he shouldn't be there and go out on 294 games.People whinge about less then aging Vetreans on here and have all the answers but you always come back to the same shiity list cloggers. time you clean the list and start fresh now and add new element of life.

I not some dumb **** off the street I played this game for a long time and know this process we in.sometimes you just have to say goodbye to the older blokes and start again and 2012 is that year.We aren't fighting for a flag so it isn't going to hurt us going forward.

People sending me death threats on fb you make me laugh it's football get over it I just debating my thoughts on THE RICH GWS issue and the resigning of Simon Black going forward.

Link

Alright, here you go MBE, I've compared Shermo with Redden, Rich, Rockliff and Black. They're all averaging more possessions than Sherman. Sherman is averaging 1.3 goals a game. Rich is on 1 a game and Redden 0.9, not bad for players in a side that have only won 1 game compared to 3. I'd take any of these gents in a heartbeat over Sherman.

John Lennon returned his MBE.

Didn't Paul Collingwood get an MBE for not doing much in an Ashes series.

I think Collingwood does deserve an MBE in our case. Not sure in relation to that Collingwood and Cricket though....

I was only debating and expressing my thoughts an copped death threats multiple times.I find that sad and people bag Collingwood fans.Anyway close the thread and I give up you can't express your opion in this world anymore and I'm right on my comment's and aren't living a lie you'll see by round 23 next year and go oh Mickey had some valid points.

I was only debating and expressing my thoughts an copped death threats multiple times.I find that sad and people bag Collingwood fans.Anyway close the thread and I give up you can't express your opion in this world anymore and I'm right on my comment's and aren't living a lie you'll see by round 23 next year and go oh Mickey had some valid points.

If people area giving you death threats on Facebook (which I doubt) you should be able to see their names. Report them.

Got nothing to do with BigFooty.

Link

Alright, here you go MBE, I've compared Shermo with Redden, Rich, Rockliff and Black. They're all averaging more possessions than Sherman. Sherman is averaging 1.3 goals a game. Rich is on 1 a game and Redden 0.9, not bad for players in a side that have only won 1 game compared to 3. I'd take any of these gents in a heartbeat over Sherman.

I think that Tackle stat is also very important....
Blackie has 50% more than Shermo. Sherman is the lowest of them in that area.
And how good are Jack's T stats. Very impressive.
If SC refers to Supercoach, then Shermo ain't on the radar...

I think that Tackle stat is also very important....
Blackie has 50% more than Shermo. Sherman is the lowest of them in that area.
And how good are Jack's T stats. Very impressive.
If SC refers to Supercoach, then Shermo ain't on the radar...

Well that's it, the only average that Sherman is ahead in is goals, and it's not much more than Rich & Redden. Also, considering the amount of defensive work and inside work they do compared to Sherman, it's not much to worry about.

SC refers to total score, goals and behinds.

Sidenote- Redden is 3rd in the league in total tackles (68), and average tackles per game (8.5). He's also averaging 21 disposals, what a gun this kid is gunna be if he keeps improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back