Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I know this is subjective and depends on what kind of account you want/need etc but what is generally considered the best or best few overall banks in austalia? I'll be moving down to Canberra (job will require a lot of travel all over Australia including remote areas) next year and realised that Suncorp probably isn't the best bank to be with. I honestly am not even sure what to look for as I pretty much have the same bank account I was set up with when I was like 14. Any rough ideas where I should be looking?

ING accounts can use any atm for free. Not many branches, but who walks into a bank these days
Yep can second this. Just check the minimum deposit amounts per month to qualify but most people get there with depositing pays. Their apps and stuff are pretty good albeit not at cba levels and can link with Android pay. Have been using them for years and you can deposit cheques or money through any Australia post outlet if needed.

I know this is subjective and depends on what kind of account you want/need etc but what is generally considered the best or best few overall banks in austalia? I'll be moving down to Canberra (job will require a lot of travel all over Australia including remote areas) next year and realised that Suncorp probably isn't the best bank to be with. I honestly am not even sure what to look for as I pretty much have the same bank account I was set up with when I was like 14. Any rough ideas where I should be looking?
If you're happy with Suncorp, is there a need to change? As has been stated, the big 4 banks have scrapped ATM charges, so it comes down to whether you need a branch. That said, Suncorp now have more branches than you might think.

If you're happy with Suncorp, is there a need to change? As has been stated, the big 4 banks have scrapped ATM charges, so it comes down to whether you need a branch. That said, Suncorp now have more branches than you might think.
Let's face it they are all bastards. BASTARDS. there is a coherent case to keep your money under the mattress.

I use ING as well but it's largely academic now with the big four allowing anyone to use their ATMs without charge.

its more the adoption of paywave and the dropping of minimum transactions from a lot of places that is making it redundant. All 4 banks combined are only mildly larger than the largest independant provider of atms' to clubs, pubs and convenience stores. Thats where it really saves you.

............ Not many branches, but who walks into a bank these days

Huh ...!!!!!!

How else could you do your banking ?????
I wouldn't be able to collect my Pension if I didn't ......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if true that there is no ATM fees and more branches than I will probably stay. Not worth the hassle of updating everything I suppose.

Opened up an account for my 5 year old and was disappointed they still didn't give them out.
We got one from NAB for our kids. Must've chosen the wrong bank. :p

Brown (son of Mal) said on SEN this morning that many of the GC players couldn't trust Ashcroft. I wonder y? Good to see S.Hart getting a gig there today...amen,

Brown (son of Mal) said on SEN this morning that many of the GC players couldn't trust Ashcroft. I wonder y? Good to see S.Hart getting a gig there today...amen,
Pretty rich coming from Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back