Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

OMG!!! I'm finally back to civilisation!

Our computer started playing up just over a week ago then completely crashed last tuesday and the Geeks have taken it away to fix it......they also took our laptop to retrieve our photo's etc...

..long story short, we have bought a new laptop yesterday and ordered a new desk computer. Mr MM has been setting up the laptop and this is the first time I've been able to go on my normal things...

I've been bored out of my brain, nothing to read, nothing to look at or play on the computer.....I had to resort to watching tv!!! Boring!

How reliant on technology we have become!

...anyhoo, I missed you guys, have I missed anything important?

Our computer started playing up just over a week ago then completely crashed last tuesday and the Geeks have taken it away to fix it......they also took our laptop to retrieve our photo's etc...

..long story short, we have bought a new laptop yesterday and ordered a new desk computer. Mr MM has been setting up the laptop and this is the first time I've been able to go on my normal things...

I've been bored out of my brain, nothing to read, nothing to look at or play on the computer.....I had to resort to watching tv!!! Boring!

Didly squat!

I hope you get your photos back MM.
Our computer blew up back in 2010, completely stuffed. Lost all photos from 2009 and a bit from 2010. Had a daughter who was only about 18 months old and lost quite a few photos.
I was backing the photos up to disc at the time and 1 of them was in the computer at the time and the bloke we got out said that the disc was stuffed too. Very sad and mad.

Thanks. Yes, that is our main concern....Mr MM has a back up usb thingy with photos up to 2012, after that is going to be a real worry. There are all my family photos of my little great grand kids who I rarely see, but get sent photos etc, holidays..I was nearly in tears when the Geek guy said they were probably lost...I think that's when he took pity and said he would try to retrieve them for us..

I have realised there is a lot to be said for photos being developed and having an actual album instead of all on the computer.

....Geek man has said he will bring everything back by friday, so will keep fingers crossed he is successful. He was about 12yrs old and a very cheerful, nice young man.

(they all look about 12 these days including doctors,policemen etc:()

Know how you feel. When my computer breaks down I'm lost without the internet. Just one night drives me nuts. One week and I'd be in the loony bin!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope u got a little secret cam installed so u can see what the mere male gets upto whilst ur not about......could make the off season more interesting.

The cloud stuff is pretty easy these days - just point at your photos folder and it takes care of all of it for you. Don't even have to copy things manually.

However unless you're on the NBN or a good internet connection it can really blow goats and take forever. :( Speaking from experience as someone with a camera that takes 25 MB RAW photos, uploading at 30 KBps.

The cloud stuff is pretty easy these days - just point at your photos folder and it takes care of all of it for you. Don't even have to copy things manually.

However unless you're on the NBN or a good internet connection it can really blow goats and take forever. :( Speaking from experience as someone with a camera that takes 25 MB RAW photos, uploading at 30 KBps.
So the goats around your place are quite content?

Do you have to be outside when you point to the photo folder? So that the clouds can see where you're pointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back