Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Re: The MBE thread

I was only debating and expressing my thoughts an copped death threats multiple times.I find that sad and people bag Collingwood fans.Anyway close the thread and I give up you can't express your opion in this world anymore and I'm right on my comment's and aren't living a lie you'll see by round 23 next year and go oh Mickey had some valid points.

MBE you are entitled to your opinion, but I have to admit this thread has been really really hard to follow. Its almost like you want to argue points for the sake of an argument, rather than offering anything factual.

You don't seem even a little bit happy that we won on the weekend and you are constantly looking for the team and Voss to fail, just to support your own viewpoint.

I'm sorry but sometimes reading your comments is a bit hard as the sentences just run into each other and I feel like I'm reading someone who has just had 20 cups of coffee!!

Maybe keep your betting money and spend it on chilling out a bit or getting some muscle to help you with the death threats.

In peace.

We would have left it up to Black to make the call on his future. Could you imagine the up roar if he wanted to play on and we didn't let him, just like the Melbourne and Mcdonald situation. Plus with the way we apparently treated Mr I want to go home Bradshaw it would not have gone down well. The longer loyal players like Black and Power stay around then the longer club loyalty will stay with the team, it inspires the younger players.

The longer loyal players like Black and Power stay around then the longer club loyalty will stay with the team, it inspires the younger players.

If champions like Black and Power want to play another year, I am all for it, particularly their ability to mentor and lead a very inexperienced and raw group. I think both guys deserve a farewell tour across the country and it was probably a bit disappointing that Voss the player never got the opportunity to say goodbye to his legion of Lions and non-Lions fans in a playing sense.

When you having aging stars and you got kids ready to brake out and make there mark next year you ask them to move on.I don't think black would be there if we didn't have Voss.I thought last year would have been there last for the fact we should have had the talent in place already.We have been in the rebuilding faze since 2006. So we should be a top 8 side already, instead we float around 10 to 14 and not bottom out.Why did people compare Polec to Sherman I don't get that was apart of the GC defection's and they Sherman pick could be used towards Gary Perts son I"ve heard, though he may offer to enter the draft like Mark Murphy and go to the Pies instead.

I wouldn't keep Voss he would be gone already and he shhould be for what has took place.If was a team in Melbourne it would have been round 7.It's funny a ex roy and a ex bear share the bottom of the ladder as coach's.

Re: Round 11 - Brisbane Lions v Sydney

With our injury toll I would go with the media, just for now if you search the injury its 6 to 12 weeks.

I think we have our selves to blame for all these soft tissue injures.When was our training facility's last upgraded ?

Why the F would you move a simple thing here.You like little kids trying to take the piss.I give up people are right QLD's are thick as bricks and this is the Brisbane Bears.

Re: Our next "premiership tilt" team?

Strong rumours that Clark and Rich will be gone at the end of the year, hope you can keep them as never good to see young guns leave your team, but they, or who they get back for them, will potentially make or break any future plans the Lions may have.

Very true Alistair Lynch was giving a strong indication the big fella Clark is heading home.

Very true Alistair Lynch was giving a strong indication the big fella Clark is heading home.

I assume you're referring to Lynchy's comment from this weekend's game? If so, that's an inaccurate representation.

With our injury toll I would go with the media, just for now if you search the injury its 6 to 12 weeks.
?

A bucket handle tear to the meniscus can be put you out for anywhere between 3 weeks and 9 months depending on the severity / position of the tear and the remedial approach taken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inaccurate representation ? He knows more of what's going on then most on here and with all these player's contracts back ended.I don't see why he would be wrong.If Luke Power and Simon Black stay on there is your to veteran listed player's.So how you afford to keep all 3 ? Mitch Clark can go home and get more money so it's a wish come true.

Inaccurate representation ? He knows more of what's going on then most on here and with all these player's contracts back ended.I don't see why he would be wrong.

You misunderstood me. I meant that you are misrepresenting what Lynch said. I heard the comment again not 15 minutes ago and Lynch said he'd heard rumours, as have we all. That is hardly a "strong indication the big fella Clark is heading home".

Sorry mate I apologise.But not only has he stated it once he does every week.

Sorry mate I apologise.But not only has he stated it once he does every week.

That's cool. I wasn't clear. It would be more reassuring if Lynch called BS on the rumours.

Why the F would you move a simple thing here.You like little kids trying to take the piss.I give up people are right QLD's are thick as bricks and this is the Brisbane Bears.

Ah...the old disparaging remark to try to belittle Queenslanders trick...how cute...BTW did you enjoy the win the boys had at the weekend in Adelaide MBE?

If Luke Power and Simon Black stay on there is your to veteran listed player's.So how you afford to keep all 3 ? Mitch Clark can go home and get more money so it's a wish come true.

Mickey, just because you you have X amount of veterans, does not mean you have to place them on the veterans list. Brown would be a lock and possibly the highest paid 'other' veteran on the list. Also Clark will not go because Black and Power stay on, neither will command a huge salary that it would detrimentally impact the club's ability to the point of not being able to retain any required players.

Does Fevola's contract work towards next years salary cap ? and if so how does it work ?

Actually, I thought we got at least partial SC relief from the AFL with regards to the Fevola payout.

I wouldn't put my house on it though.

Can someone please clear this up?

I thought it was more along the lines of the payout being for his 2011 and 2012 contract, but because it was wholly paid in 2011 technically it should all count to the the 2011 salary cap. The AFL has given us relief by allowing us to spread it (in terms of its impact on our salary cap) over two years like it would have originally been paid if Fev had played.

Which means some of our salary cap next year is taken up by some of our payout to Fevola.

However, I believe our payout was less than what we were otherwise going to pay him, so it still created some room in our salary cap to help us keep our youngsters.

Given this is now the random thread I thought I might as well post this little tidbit here.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ead-in-mentoring/story-fn842gep-1226069680917

The article is about Voss and Matthews - which is probably in the Voss Roster Watch thread, but that isn't what most interested me.

The part that caught my eye was the following

Calls from members and supporters to draft Matthews on to the board grow daily but the Lions constitution decrees ex-players or coaches cannot fill board positions within five years of leaving the club.
Critics of the rule say it was rushed in at the end of 2004 when existing board members feared former premiership stars such as Alastair Lynch would seek board positions and eventually wrestle control of the club away from them.

I can't stand how the previous administration changed our Constitution basically to cover their own asses and not necessarily to benefit the Club. This was one of the prime examples. God knows the members would have been right to want someone like Alastair Lynch on the Board - someone who cares deeply about the Club and knows it and our history inside out.

Lynchy can now be on the Board as the five years are up - but the point still remains, and basically that point is TONY KELLY AND MICHAEL BOWERS WERE ABSOLUTE w***erS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back