History The rather remarkable true story of the country Khazaria, and its populace Khazars.

Had you ever heard of Khazaria, prior to this thread?

• No. I was unaware of this part of history

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Yes. I had previous satisfactory knowledge of khazaria previous to this discussion

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I thought not. Did the Poms bring them in to rule in their stead?

The Hashemites were involved in the Arab revolt in 1916 against the Ottomans. In March 1920, the Hashemite Kingdom of Syria was declared by the Hashemite Faisal I of Iraq in Damascus which encompassed most of what later became Jordan. At this point, the southern part of Transjordan was part of the Hashemite Kingdom of Hejaz in Arabia. When the French ended the Kingdom of Syria, Transjordan became, for a short time, a no mans land until Abdullah, another of the sons of Hussein the Hashemite ruler of Hejaz moved against the French, in support of his brother Faisal, seeking to recapture Damascus. Churchill persuaded Abdullah not to continue his advance against their allies the French and to leave his forces in Transjordan. Abdullah, with British support became the Emir of Transjordan in 1921. Faisal I, formerly of Syria, was made King of Iraq.

immigration in japan is an issue now?

long bow

As I was saying, the colonists who colonized large areas of Europe decided to bring their colonists ways to Japan.

My point is that if the Japanese authorities crack down hard in a refusal to be colonized, the colonists are then likely to cry and play victim whilst spreading hatred for Japanese in the process.

The Hashemites were involved in the Arab revolt in 1916 against the Ottomans. In March 1920, the Hashemite Kingdom of Syria was declared by the Hashemite Faisal I of Iraq in Damascus which encompassed most of what later became Jordan. At this point, the southern part of Transjordan was part of the Hashemite Kingdom of Hejaz in Arabia. When the French ended the Kingdom of Syria, Transjordan became, for a short time, a no mans land until Abdullah, another of the sons of Hussein the Hashemite ruler of Hejaz moved against the French, in support of his brother Faisal, seeking to recapture Damascus. Churchill persuaded Abdullah not to continue his advance against their allies the French and to leave his forces in Transjordan. Abdullah, with British support became the Emir of Transjordan in 1921. Faisal I, formerly of Syria, was made King of Iraq.

i was a bit shocked to see the 'official' name of the country is the 'Hashemites kingdom/republic of ... '

i was a bit shocked to see the 'official' name of the country is the 'Hashemites kingdom/republic of ... '

Why?

We have the Commonwealth of Australia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Emirate of Dubai, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (named after the royal House of Saud), the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and so on. Countries or empires named after their royal family were once quite common. Ottoman Empire, Angevin Empire etc. etc.

All that video says is that discrimination in all its forms is a societal evil that must be fought against. At every turn. There is nothing special about the Jews that elevates them above the rest of humanity. There is nothing wrong with the Jews that places them below the rest of humanity.

They simply are humanity. So are we all.

Their problems are worse than that, first cousin marriages are common in several Arab countries :thumbsdown:

This increases the risk of genetic diseases and can reduce intelligence over several generations :eek:

Hmmm...

http://www.aish.com/atr/Cousin-Marriages.html

Does the Torah permit cousin marriages? Is the topic discussed at all? I’m concerned in particular because the inbreeding is likely to cause genetic disorders, as historically happened to many royal families. I have the impression that upper class Jewish families have likewise engaged in this practice.

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

It is permitted under Torah law for cousins to marry. In fact, the Sages seem to view marriages between relatives as desirable. The Talmud recommends that a person marry his niece (Yevamot 62b). (There’s a debate in the commentators if it applies specifically to a sister’s daughter or also to a brother’s.) The assumption is that a person will have an especially close relationship with a close relative, perhaps because of their likely similar personalities and values. The reasoning may be the same for a cousin, but the Talmud doesn't mention it. (I should point out that for a woman to marry her nephew is forbidden from the Torah – Leviticus 18:12-13.)

Some point out that the daughters of Zelophehad married their cousins (Numbers 36:11) so the practice has good precedent. Some also suggest that cousin marriages are likely to engender fewer fights between the in-laws!

The cultural practice of marrying cousins seems to be more widespread than just in them evil Muslim countries...

Does not make them more or less worthy as human beings. You can be proud of Jewish achievement for sure, but using it to denigrate is just poor f*cking form, mate.

I don't have any reason to be proud of Jewish achievements seeing as I'm not Jewish. My accountant is Jewish but he's just about the only Jew I have in my circle of acquaintances.

I'm just stating the facts, poor form or not. The truth may be unpalatable but we cannot move forward if we do not confront the facts.

I don't have any reason to be proud of Jewish achievements seeing as I'm not Jewish. My accountant is Jewish but he's just about the only Jew I have in my circle of acquaintances.

I'm just stating the facts, poor form or not. The truth may be unpalatable but we cannot move forward if we do not confront the facts.

Apologies for the inference:thumbsu: So what are the facts? That education is being strangled in many Muslim countries by a ruling elite to keep the people poor and stupid? Or do you think Arabic peoples are genetically predisposed to having sub-normal I.Qs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for the inference:thumbsu: So what are the facts? That education is being strangled in many Muslim countries by a ruling elite to keep the people poor and stupid? Or do you think Arabic peoples are genetically predisposed to having sub-normal I.Qs?

Are east Asian men, Yao Ming notwithstanding, predisposed to having a shorter height on average than African American men?

Are east Asian men, Yao Ming notwithstanding, predisposed to having a shorter height on average than African American men?

Yes, but that does not make them more or less worthy as human beings. I don't believe Arabs are 'stupider' than any other people due to genetics. After all, they share the same genetic background with many Israelis as a Semitic people.

Thats not genetics, thats diet

Its why as a population consumes more protein they get taller. The genetics havent changed, but their height has thanks to a higher protein diet.

This is already happening in china

LOL

Yeah, diet is also responsible for Africans having more skin pigmentation than Europeans.

You really need to stop reading ayrian nation books for your info on genetics

You really need to stop reading ayrian nation books for your info on genetics

Those Chinese just need to eat more steak and potatoes. They'll be blonde and blue-eyed within no time. Or maybe they should just eat more souvlakis and hummus if they prefer a more olive complexion. ROFLMAO!

Those Chinese just need to eat more steak and potatoes. They'll be blonde and blue-eyed within no time. Or maybe they should just eat more souvlakis and hummus if they prefer a more olive complexion. ROFLMAO!

Where did i say diet effected melanin production. I said height - you know - tallness, how far your head is from the ground

Where did i say diet effected melanin production. I said height - you know - tallness, how far your head is from the ground

You think the fact that east Asians have a shorter height on average compared to African Americans, purely due to their diet? Is that right?

Or do you agree that genetics does play a significant factor, as it does with melanin production.

Back