Rumour The real 2020 RUMOUR thread. NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Redux: MOD NOTE: threads like this are dumb, and a complete waste of our time to moderate, because people have a hard time understanding what "No Discussion" means. So, I tell you what - i‘ll keep the thread open, but infract anyone who posts anything that isn’t a rumour.

1613007703861.png
Rumours look like this:
Crows will take Elijah Hollands with first pick.
(same norwood based source who said Stephens would go top 5 when most "experts" had him outside top 10).

Specifically, they reference a future event that *may* happen, and usually end up being laughably false.

The “door is effectively shut” on gun forward Orazio Fantasia being at Essendon next season, according to Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph.

Speaking on Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight, Ralph said all signs now point to Fantasia joining either the Power or Crows.

“If it is that he passes that independent medical test, I think it’s sure that he will find his way to one of the South Australian clubs,” Ralph told AFL Tonight. “I think that door is effectively shut for him to return to the Essendon Football Club.

Unverified source: North have promised to pick up Hollands if we don't.

The Suns have shown interest in Atkins before, with coach Stewart Dew desperate to bring run and carry to his team.

Atkins is expected to play on the half-back flank as well as the wing.

Atkins will earn just over $400,000 a season

Because Atkins is an unrestricted free agent, Adelaide will receive compensation for him, which is likely to be a third-round pick.

Summary
* Crouch's drug use willnot impact his ability to move clubs and list managers are not overly concerned
* Crows gone off Will Brodie apparently
* Crows apparently still into getting Hately - although no new info really in the article

Crouch’s drug controversy, where he was caught with cocaine in a cab alongside teammate Tyson Stengle, was horrific timing for the free agent.

He apologised on Thursday for his conduct and said he needed to regain the lost respect.

Geelong would need to tick off his recruitment with its board and senior players given the worries over his character.

But list managers and players managers across the competition do not believe it will seriously impact his capacity to find a home given he is far from the only player to have used drugs in an off-season.

ATKINS OFF TO GOLD COAST AS CROWS COOL ON BIG-BODIED MIDFIELDER
Adelaide’s interest in Gold Coast extractor Will Brodie has waned as the club prepares for a compensation pick for departing free agent Rory Atkins.

The Suns will secure unrestricted free agent Atkins on a four-year with a fifth season, with the guaranteed aspect of the contract likely to hand Adelaide a second or third-round compensation selection.

Atkins also had some Victorian suitors but has been committed to the Suns for some time after playing only four games for Adelaide in 2020.

The Crows could still recoup two compensation selections in the national draft if Crouch leaves but are still threatening to match any offer that does not net them a first-round compensation pick for last year’s best-and-fairest winner.

The Crows had been linked to Brodie given his exceptional clearance skills but are not believed to be serious suitors for the former top-10 pick.

CROWS CLOSING IN ON THEIR GIANT TARGET
Everything points to Adelaide securing GWS midfielder Jackson Hately in a trade after only two seasons at the Giants.

GWS is still optimistic it might hold onto second-year draftees Caldwell and Xavier O’Halloran but Hately’s home-town links will make it hard to keep him.

The Giants recruited a band of inside mids when it seemed one of Josh Kelly, Jacob Hopper or Stephen Coniglio might leave but they all stayed and then academy pick Tom Green turned into a young star and they took him at pick 10.

I feel like I am spamming this thread...but here is another journalist 'update'

Jy Caldwell, Jackson Hately and Xavier O’Halloran

Sam says: “These are the first three picks of the 2018 National Draft (for GWS).

“The Giants are digging in letting Caldwell go to St Kilda and they love O’Halloran too because he’s got a bit of a versatility.

“I think Jackson Hately is the one that falls out here, Adelaide prioritised him some time ago.

“He hasn’t pulled the trigger on a move yet, but I’d say that’s a fair chance of happening in the near future."

Edit..maybe some more weight to this since Taranto's manager has just come out and said his client is 100% staying at GWS

Rowey:"Crows indicating Brad Crouch won't be prioritised (to keep). Stengle will be."
Tredrea on 5aa: "Geelong has cooled on Brad Crouch according to the people I have spoken to. No chance of band 1 compo."
Bickley: "Need multiple clubs to bid for his services to drive price up."

Reading between the lines there's still work to do on what we get in return, who Brad goes to and for what price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry me again

ATKINS’ MOVE COULD BE A WIN-WIN
Rory Atkins’ free agency move to Gold Coast could be a win-win for both clubs in the mould of the Hugh Greenwood deal a season ago.

The Crows are daring to believe his four-year deal with a simple fifth-year trigger might secure them a second-round compensation pick in the draft, which would come in at pick 21 or 22.

Atkins had played only four games this year and while he is acclaimed as an outstanding character, he wasn’t part of Matthew Nicks’ future plans.

The contentious vision of Nicks explaining the club’s game plan by getting players to move drink bottles at halftime involved Atkins. The point being that he was one of the players not executing the Nicks methodology.

Figures bandied around about Atkins are between $400,000-$500,000 a season.

While he needs to play a certain number of games to get to the fifth season it is not believed to be an arduous bar that has been set.

Strange rumour on a grape vine so it's 3rd hand info yet has some value.

Apparently we are pushing hard to get another top 10 pick and Matt Crouch is on the trade table because the issues with brad have fired up and rocked the apple cart.

Gold Coast on the sniff again and look to be most interested

Call it BS but likely to surface soon in media I'd say.

I'm sceptical

Got a nephew who does some scouting for a Vic AFL Side who tells me that there there was strong rumor amongst recruiters at the under 18’s on the weekend that GC have told Kaine Baldwin that they are going to take him. Seems so out of the blue that it might just be true.
i can’t believe they would use their first pick so they would be a prime candidate to trade down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back